Totem teamwork?

Occasionally when I'm cleansing a lit totem (against a wall or in a crevice) and another survior comes along they will crouch behind me until I'm finished. They don't body block me there after I'm done or t bag while I'm doing it. It's happened twice today and I'm just wondering if there's a reason I'm missing. Did they intend to take a hit if the killer came to ensure the hex went down? Is that common? Should I be doing it?

Comments

  • either that or they're memeing

  • It's a thing people do, sometimes pointing, because usually it's a unspoken thing to see people think, "Do it!", especially when it's a hex totem that is stopping the survivors' progress. And of course all killers get mad when their totems get broken.

  • It's generally to protect the person if the killer is in the area especially if it's a hex the killer is guarding heavily such as ruin. It's not a required "you should do it" thing but some do it for this reason and sometimes it helps with those last crucial seconds before the break.

  • It's something survivors do to keep totem grabs from happening in the last few seconds mostly, if a killer knows or is coming to their totem. It's a big reason why I run Thrill when I play killer.

  • im just memeing , ill take the hit even tho whenever i do i realice how chicken ######### that guy was and die shortly after

  • Please don't do it, it makes grabs harder

  • They're just trying to meme around. People who like to meme make my games 100% more enjoyable :D