Perk idea: Sweet freedom

I've been trying to design one of those "150% movement speed" Perks for a while. One that isn't an unfunny meme like SB and Lithe, but one that's more consistent than, say, Balanced Landing, whose potential is obviously a lot greater on a Crotus Prenn map than on a Coldwind Farm map.

I think I got an idea.

Sweet Freedom: After being freed or escaping from a bear trap or meathook, break into a sprint at 150% of your normal running speed for 3 seconds if you are within the Killer's terror radius or enter it 3/5/7 seconds after being freed. Causes Exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds.

What do you think? Does this sound good?

Comments

  • It's quite a niche idea, but an interesting one. Might need another trigger point alongside bear traps and hooks, as one is very situational, and one is literally down to 4%.

  • @MineAntoiya said:
    It's quite a niche idea, but an interesting one. Might need another trigger point alongside bear traps and hooks, as one is very situational, and one is literally down to 4%.

    I see what you mean, but keep in mind it also triggers in the event another Survivor rescues you.

  • Ahh, I missed that. But what is the chance that they aren't running SB already? It's quite a meta perk that better ranked survivors run.

  • @MineAntoiya said:

    Ahh, I missed that. But what is the chance that they aren't running SB already? It's quite a meta perk that better ranked survivors run.

    It’s like SB but it won’t be automatically wasted the second you get off the hook unless the Killer’s near, in which case you need it anyway.

  • @No_Mither_No_Problem said:
    I've been trying to design one of those "150% movement speed" Perks for a while. One that isn't an unfunny meme like SB and Lithe, but one that's more consistent than, say, Balanced Landing, whose potential is obviously a lot greater on a Crotus Prenn map than on a Coldwind Farm map.

    I think I got an idea.

    Sweet Freedom: After being freed or escaping from a bear trap or meathook, break into a sprint at 150% of your normal running speed for 3 seconds if you are within the Killer's terror radius or enter it 3/5/7 seconds after being freed. Causes Exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds.

    What do you think? Does this sound good?

    I think it's basically a nerfed sprint burst.

  • Runiver said:

    @No_Mither_No_Problem said:
    I've been trying to design one of those "150% movement speed" Perks for a while. One that isn't an unfunny meme like SB and Lithe, but one that's more consistent than, say, Balanced Landing, whose potential is obviously a lot greater on a Crotus Prenn map than on a Coldwind Farm map.

    I think I got an idea.

    Sweet Freedom: After being freed or escaping from a bear trap or meathook, break into a sprint at 150% of your normal running speed for 3 seconds if you are within the Killer's terror radius or enter it 3/5/7 seconds after being freed. Causes Exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds.

    What do you think? Does this sound good?

    I think it's basically a nerfed sprint burst.

    Not sure if they will do timed perks, because that would make it really unreliable. Sounds interesting though.
  • Runiver said:

    @No_Mither_No_Problem said:
    I've been trying to design one of those "150% movement speed" Perks for a while. One that isn't an unfunny meme like SB and Lithe, but one that's more consistent than, say, Balanced Landing, whose potential is obviously a lot greater on a Crotus Prenn map than on a Coldwind Farm map.

    I think I got an idea.

    Sweet Freedom: After being freed or escaping from a bear trap or meathook, break into a sprint at 150% of your normal running speed for 3 seconds if you are within the Killer's terror radius or enter it 3/5/7 seconds after being freed. Causes Exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds.

    What do you think? Does this sound good?

    I think it's basically a nerfed sprint burst.

    Not sure if they will do timed perks, because that would make it really unreliable. Sounds interesting though.
  • @Dabrownman1812 said:
    Not sure if they will do timed perks, because that would make it really unreliable. Sounds interesting though.

    Situational perks will never be picked anyway as long as versatile/power perks (aka win on a button) are stil available.

    Right now, people do not pick perks because of a build, they pick them because they're strong by themselves and useful, which is wrong. If you try to do situational perks, you'll probably make a pretty bad perk unless it's overly strong, which is not the case of this one.

  • Runiver said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    Not sure if they will do timed perks, because that would make it really unreliable. Sounds interesting though.

    Situational perks will never be picked anyway as long as versatile/power perks (aka win on a button) are stil available.

    Right now, people do not pick perks because of a build, they pick them because they're strong by themselves and useful, which is wrong. If you try to do situational perks, you'll probably make a pretty bad perk unless it's overly strong, which is not the case of this one.

    That's true, I stay away from the generic sprint burst, selfcare, dstrike, adrenaline build. I run dead hard, spine chill, wake up, and some weird 4th perk like resilience or bond. Peeps play to win, not according to how they want to play. Also, all perks can be x4 on survivors side which is what helps make things like selfcare and dstrike so strong.
  • @No_Mither_No_Problem said:
    I've been trying to design one of those "150% movement speed" Perks for a while. One that isn't an unfunny meme like SB and Lithe, but one that's more consistent than, say, Balanced Landing, whose potential is obviously a lot greater on a Crotus Prenn map than on a Coldwind Farm map.

    I think I got an idea.

    Sweet Freedom: After being freed or escaping from a bear trap or meathook, break into a sprint at 150% of your normal running speed for 3 seconds if you are within the Killer's terror radius or enter it 3/5/7 seconds after being freed. Causes Exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds.

    What do you think? Does this sound good?

    would definatley counter being camped and give you a chance i would run this with dead hard, self care, and DS (before its nerf) then id run some other perk but i love this design