A tip I give to every new Survivor.
Play killer. Not because you shouldn't play Survivor, but because playing Killer gives you vastly more map awareness and juke potential. Knowing how they think is powerful in the wrong hands, and downright ungodly good in the right. The key to being a good Survivor is playing Killer, and vice versa. Playing Survivor works wonders on mindgames and map awareness. Moral of the story: Play both roles. They benefit each other.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
i think a more universal bit of advice is to at least try to play both sides. even if you only end up enjoying one of them, understanding how both work allows you to play better and broadens your perspective on the game in general
so yes i agree
I also agree with the sentiment of playing both sides. It'll make you a better player overall as you'll understand the limitations of the game's perks and killer abilities.
You'll also learn how to spot if somebody is running a certain perk based on certain behaviors.
Exactly. That David is looking behind him a lot. Dead Hard?
This Kate vanished during a chase. Q&Q + DWM?
That Meg's been injured all game. Waiting for the Adrenaline proc?
Agree about playing both sides, what helped me the most as survivor is understanding the killers vision area. And what helped my killer play is learning what the regular survivors would do in certain situations, what perks they might be running etc.
This is how I got so good at trapper lol. I trap an average of 5-7 people were game and it's because I play so much survivor I know how they move. You'd be surprised how little people look for traps outside of the super obvious spots like the shack window and major loops. Something as simple as a random spot on the outer wall of a central building you think someone will hug can get an easy 1-2 traps.