Remove/tweak map offering?

We can all agree that many maps are either killer or survivor sided. This means that one player can heavily influence the tilt of the game. Additionally, since survivors have the ability to coordinate before the game, they have (hypothetically) 4x the amount of map offerings to choose from. Unless there's another map offering on the table, the offering seem to be 100% effective. This frustrates me both when player killer and when playing survivor.

Until there is balance between the maps in terms of size, infinites and clutter, I propose one of the following solutions:

  • Remove them altogether
  • Make them rarer in the bloodweb
  • Make them less effective: a map offering does not guarantee a specific map even though it is the only map offering played.

Yay or nay? ๐Ÿ‘

Comments

  • Map Offerings should stay as they are, but I would prefer to have them Secret. Some Killer Builds only work with certain Offerings, and it would be wrong to remove fun Builds like Scratched Mirror Myers by removing or tweaking Map Offerings.

    Also Survivors should be able to pick a Map they would like to play on. Nothing wrong with both.

    One time I had 4 times the game in a row, 3 times random, 1 time picked by the Killer. I just then put in an Haddonfield Offering.

    But, like I said, they should be Secret so that neither Killers nor Survivors can DC in the Loading Screen, just because they will play on a Map they dont like. And more Secret Offerings would mean a higher variety, currently the only Secret Offering on Killer Side is a Mori or a Splinter. But those are rarely used, same goes for Shrouds, and Shrouds are almost meaningless for the Killer.

  • @Aven_Fallen I mostly agree, but I'd say let's remove the offering screen completely. Some people dc because of secret offerings. Let's not show any offerings (secret or not), then there is no "reason" to dc during the loading screen.

  • Maps and Realms are not the same thing. Offerings only affect the Realm and unless it's one with just one Map, the Offering will have several Maps in a Realm to choose from and I don't think that even the most biased people would call all Maps in Realm Survivor-sided or Killer-sided respectively.

    I think they are fine the way they are.