SWF matchmaking uses the rank of whoever created the group

Posting as separate thread because this deserves more attention

Source: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/519985/#Comment_519985

"What's likely happening there is a SWF group. It'll use the rank of whoever started the group for matchmaking purposes."

Comments

  • I can confirm this is not what's happening. I think it uses an average of all the ranks in the group. Otherwise, I'd be getting purple rank killers nonstop when I play SWF instead of mostly yellow rank killers.

  • Swf should face killers of rank equal or higher of highest rank withing swf. Period.

  • @Orion said:

    I can confirm this is not what's happening. I think it uses an average of all the ranks in the group. Otherwise, I'd be getting purple rank killers nonstop when I play SWF instead of mostly yellow rank killers.

    Personal anecdote, impossible to verify. Could simply be a case of the matchmaking loosening the restrictions due to being unable to create a match.

    Or maybe the matchmaking is just completely broken, like so many other things (Ghost Face on PTB, vanilla experiment PTB, for two very recent examples) and just assigns the group leader a random rank for matchmaking and uses that. It certainly wouldn't be surprising to learn that yet another system is completely busted and doesn't work the way it's supposed to

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521830#Comment_521830

    Personal anecdote, impossible to verify. Could simply be a case of the matchmaking loosening the restrictions due to being unable to create a match.

    Or maybe the matchmaking is just completely broken, like so many other things (Ghost Face on PTB, vanilla experiment PTB, for two very recent examples) and just assigns the group leader a random rank for matchmaking and uses that. It certainly wouldn't be surprising to learn that yet another system is completely busted and doesn't work the way it's supposed to

    So is the claim that the game uses the rank of whoever creates the SWF group, but you're willing to not only accept those anecdotes as evidence, but even present them as fact.

  • This is already known and abused by SWF since 2016

    Devs is 100% aware of it, but allows it to happen

    I was rank 15, yesterday i fought 1 rank 2, rank 5, 7 and a survivor rank 20 (On an Alt)

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521894#Comment_521894

    So is the claim that the game uses the rank of whoever creates the SWF group, but you're willing to not only accept those anecdotes as evidence, but even present them as fact.

    Claim from a member of the dev team > anecdote from some random on the forums

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521898#Comment_521898

    Claim from a member of the dev team > anecdote from some random on the forums

    I don't see a claim, I see a guess. Peanits doesn't know the internal workings of the matchmaker any more than we do.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521903#Comment_521903

    I don't see a claim, I see a guess. Peanits doesn't know the internal workings of the matchmaker any more than we do.

    image.png image.png


    One needs to derank back to 15+ to see this from happening, very rarely baby killers complain about it, i'm always on Rank 15, it doesn't happen often, but it happens once in a while

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521903#Comment_521903

    I don't see a claim, I see a guess. Peanits doesn't know the internal workings of the matchmaker any more than we do.

    It's not worded as a guess, it's worded as factual

    "What's likely happening there is a SWF group." this is a guess, but it pertains to a user getting unbalanced matchups

    "It'll use the rank of whoever started the group for matchmaking purposes." this is a factual statement and what I am referring to. It's not "It MIGHT use the rank of whoever started the group" but rather "It WILL"

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521898#Comment_521898

    Claim from a member of the dev team > anecdote from some random on the forums

    I would take the claims of developers on the forum with a piece of salt, honestly.

    I recall a thread where a developer litterally messed up the EGC timer when someone is hooked. After being corrected multiple times by users, they still insisted on their false claim, and said they were good enough at math to know that.