F2P has to stop.
Literally, all I've played against today is Hackers. You cant even report them because guess what? ITS FREE TO PLAY WEEKEND>.
Literally, all I've played against today is Hackers. You cant even report them because guess what? ITS FREE TO PLAY WEEKEND>.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
These free to play weekends are pretty mind-numbing honestly. I don't play on PS4 very often so I'm usually low Rank on PS4.
Oh man. The potato was real.
It's something you have to deal with for every game out there trying to attract new players by dealing with them and reporting them.Just because it's f2p doesn't mean their Steam accounts don't get flagged and if it's proven they hacked Steam can and will go after them if they get enough valid reports.
With the new ranking system now in play it's even less bearable, because a huge chunk of the players are stuck at rank 20 with all the F2Ps.
I've been at the 2nd tier countless times about to finally rank and then either get a complete bunch of boob, a killer that camps 1 hooked survivor and the rest either don't realize it or don't care and so killer gets me since I'm only 1 doing gens. There's also the op killers on certain maps especially the higher ranked ones.
I know I would have never picked up this game without the F2P weekends. Multiplayer games just aren't my thing, but a free weekend helped me realize this particular game was something I enjoy. They are a necessary evil, I'd say. One weekend of subpar games for a bigger community in the future.
Like powerbats said though, hackers can/should still be reported.
Or does steam have something to prevent this?
Steam can still track it and has been able to for quite some time since most of them use the same root install to login into the new account. Same friends on list etc etc.
My point. Thank you Spiritbx.