High Rank Gameplay: You Guys Are Right

Introduction: Y'all Are Right!

I genuinely thought everyone on the forums were over exaggerating how underpowered killers are at high ranks. However, instead of assuming everyone was over exaggerating the problem, I decided to figure the truth out myself, and I got to say, y'all are right: M1 killers are laughably, weak. I was a Nurse main for so long that I didn't even see the chaos M1 killers were going through. Before I knew how underpowered M1 killers were, I knew that M1 killers would struggle at high ranks, but I didn't know they struggled way worse than I thought. It was terrible, I genuinely had the worst experience ever when I played a M1 killer because I felt so powerless against decent survivors. Also, I'm not claiming that I played perfectly either because I made some mistakes in my wild M1 journey. However, even through I'm not a perfect killer, I did try my best as an M1 killer and it wasn't enough most of the times. Usually, assuming I played PERFECTLY, it would barely break even at a 2K.


Some QoL Changes: BL & Entity Window Blockers

I feel like this would benefit a lot of M1 killers and not M2 killers. Don't worry, Nurse, Spirit, and Hag won't get any stronger with this changes so keep an open mind about what I'm suggesting.


Note: Numbers are just placeholders and are subject to change.


Bloodlust now triggers when survivors fast vault a window while in a chase: This has a cool-down of 10 seconds, which means if you vault 3 times while the cool-down is active, it will only count as 1 vault until the cool-down expires.

  • 2 vaults = BL1
  • 4 vaults = BL2
  • 6 vaults = BL3

When the chase ends, the killer will keep their BL progress for 10 seconds (to compensate for the poor chase detection). If another chase is initiated during those 10 seconds, the killer will keep their BL progress. Otherwise, their BL progress will reset and they will have to re-earn BL.

It goes without saying, but I'll still say it anyways just in case some forum users are curious. You'll still lose BL when you attack a survivor and when you break a pallet.


The Entity will now block a window if a survivor vaults over them twice while in a chase, instead of 3 vaults.


Reasoning: BL & Entity Window Blockers Changes

The reason why BL is a mechanic is because it prevents cheesy gameplay and to compensate killers for bad map RNG. This includes vaulting strong windows, or more commonly, when two strong windows are beside each other. This prevents the killer from feeling helpless due to back map RNG. Keep in mind, vaulting pallets won't add progress to BL as the killer has the decision to break them.


The window changes is to add more compensation for the killer if they get bad map RNG.


Now, I'm going to answer a comment that I already see coming:

"Wouldn't this boost bad killers?"


No, because the new BL changes will now work on window vaults, and not on pallet vaults. This means killers who don't break pallets will get punished accordingly while killers who get bad map RNG will get compensated.


Edit: Fixed grammar and added some clarification.

Comments

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/518367#Comment_518367

    @xllxENIGMAxllx

    Well, they did listen to our Ghostface feedback, and I think he's going to be a beast M1 killer! :)

    Except he is still nullified by OoO and other detection perks.

    Oh, and Survivors that are downed/hooked.

  • @HazeHound said:

    Current bloodlust is a joke, yeah...

    @HazeHound

    Bloodlust is supposed to give the killer compensation for a bad map design, that's it.

  • @NMCKE its supposed to, but current bl does literally nothing. Way to easy to loose, way to small benefit. It also doesn't help at stronger loops.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/518367#Comment_518367

    @xllxENIGMAxllx

    Well, they did listen to our Ghostface feedback, and I think he's going to be a beast M1 killer! :)

    Not quite they make him less loudly that's it you still lose your power from survivors and they still get audio when you look at them

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/518367#Comment_518367

    @xllxENIGMAxllx

    Well, they did listen to our Ghostface feedback, and I think he's going to be a beast M1 killer! :)

    low Mid-tier killer his power don't help to put pressure , don't help in chase. so another m1 standard killer with anti-pallet build. He might be fun to play i will try it out at release.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I agree with your principle and the problems you found.

    That said, I never think Bloodlust is the answer. Bloodlust is a badly designed band aid fix for the games terrible map design. If we properly fixed the maps we wouldn't need Bloodlust.

    Maps are the core issue of the problem.

    As @Blueberry said, bloodlust is NOT the answer. Map designs are the answer. If they were any good, we'd not need this rework. Some pallets, windows and dropdowns need different places because they create some too strong loops. Some loops in general are too long anyway.

    Map design is the solution, we should only really have ONE god loop, and that's the shack, since unlike the windows and dropdowns, if you drop the pallet, it's not as strong. It's also the only mindgameable god loop so that's that.

    Also @Blueberry mentioned that survivors need other options to survive, I agree with that too. We're too reliant on windows, pallets and dropdowns to beat the killer. We need more stealth opportunities. This would also balance out Nurse tbh.

1 2 ›