Free weekend vs Killers
Hey everyone.
So i been matched vs "the free weekend guys" as a Killer, and it felt so unfair that i went easy on them. Did this happen to any of you?
Since the new ranking system takes time, a lot of casual veterans stay low in ranks (20-15), i mean we are facing people that don't even know what totems or struggle are.
I can only imagine the new people getting matched vs try hard veterans and hating the game because of it and its sad.
The free weekend should have been after the "tutorial patch", that or changing how the ranking system works, would make things smoother for new comers.
Comments
Thankfully it's not right after reset, otherwise it'd be even worse!
Definitely a good point, though. No one likes a harsh introduction to a game. Neat ideas, +1
I honestly just feel bad getting matched with them and I want them to enjoy the game/hopefully decide to keep playing once the free time is over.
I'll happily throw some games and EZ pips if it means it has some small chance of helping the game grow. It may only be a drop in the bucket, but enough drops will eventually fill it right?
I always feel bad when you can tell that the person/people you're going up against is new. I try to go easy on them so they still have fun.
I like to use these free weekends as an opportunity to try out new perk loadouts that almost definitely aren't practical but might be sorta' fun. I normally wouldn't bother with slippery meat and up the ante, but I'm going to Kobe all weekend long. Same with killer. I'm running things like EW1 Myers. Not powerful, but it'll give people a good scare.
I got stuck with one group for some unknown reason. Luckily I was playing Wraith so I didn't confuse them or stomp.
He ended up getting 24K bloodpoints so that should give him a good start on his build. I tried to talk to him afterwards, if he wanted to play with an easier killer but he took off. I hope that he takes my friend request to play again.
And hopefully he'll stick around to play some more.
lol
@Legacy_Zealot , Hey Freedy, you're supposed to kill things, not raise them from the dead.
No matter how casually play or how hard you try to derank, if you actually play the game, you will always be at least rank 15
Its sad but those free weekends are the only time you can try to do achievments like evil incarnate because the new survivors usually arent that spoiled that they DC immediately
I'm brand new to the game, rank 20 killer and survivor. Last night, playing survivor, I was constantly getting two teammates DC'ing as soon as they were downed the first time. Different people between the matches, but it kept happening.
Really not a great impression of the game right out of the gate. Two Rank 20 survivors with 4 or 5 gens left is not doable when this new.
I finally just logged out and fired-up Overwatch again for the first time in several weeks. Okay, that was a mistake on my part, but that's a different topic.
I believe you can no longer go past rank 15
I just kill.
Judge me.
1. To show that they should not do swf when they are this new to the game. Also I just plain out hate swf.
2. To teach them that if they are going to play for free that they should play in their ranks and try to get good by playing either solo or with other rank 20's.
I had this happen a few times, never lost to these people. I also messaged them explaining my reasons as almost all of them called me a try hard. I'm not toxic but I'm also one who will rarely show mercy enless two people dc start of the match.