Devs, enter the 3 BASE ABILITIES in the power of Freddy

  • Dream Snare
  • Dream Pallets
  • Generator TP

Introducing these 3 skills into your base power and empowering them with ADDONS, should be this part of your power.

Comments

  • I don't know, having three different powers would make him overly complicated and without a doubt they'd give him a lot of restrictions to compensate.

    Waking up seems pretty easy now with not only any failed skill check waking you up but also those clocks spread around. My guess is survivors will just wait out the 60 seconds and get ready to wake up anytime they're about to fall asleep.

    I think the main focus should be on the Gen teleport, If they put too much power into the dream traps and pallets and survivors can easily just counter it by waking up every minute then he'd be in a pretty weak spot.

  • @Bongbingbing said:

    I don't know, having three different powers would make him overly complicated and without a doubt they'd give him a lot of restrictions to compensate.

    Waking up seems pretty easy now with not only any failed skill check waking you up but also those clocks spread around. My guess is survivors will just wait out the 60 seconds and get ready to wake up anytime they're about to fall asleep.

    I think the main focus should be on the Gen teleport, If they put too much power into the dream traps and pallets and survivors can easily just counter it by waking up every minute then he'd be in a pretty weak spot.

    I do not know to what extent it would be profitable for the survivors to wake up very easily ...

    One thing that is not clear to me, if freddy can not hit until the survivors are asleep or are "almost asleep" is a problem ... 60 seconds is too much. There should be a balance ...

    Freddy can travel between the 2 worlds?

  • @Th3Nightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/501958#Comment_501958

    I do not know to what extent it would be profitable for the survivors to wake up very easily ...

    One thing that is not clear to me, if freddy can not hit until the survivors are asleep or are "almost asleep" is a problem ... 60 seconds is too much. There should be a balance ...

    Freddy can travel between the 2 worlds?

    They said he can attack immediately. Falling fully asleep is for the powers. Hes always a threat.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/501974#Comment_501974

    They said he can attack immediately. Falling fully asleep is for the powers. Hes always a threat.

    So ... the survivors can see it from minute 1? (It really takes away fantasy, about what Freddy is) But ... once they fall asleep the survivors see it "intermittent" right?

  • @Th3Nightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/501981#Comment_501981

    So ... the survivors can see it from minute 1? (It really takes away fantasy, about what Freddy is) But ... once they fall asleep the survivors see it "intermittent" right?

    They said you see him different based on distance when you're not fully asleep. Far is nothing, mid is fading, and close is full visible at the start. Once fully asleep is the change in music, traps/snares, and seeing him at all distances.


    I like the new feel. The movie aspect of, "am I really asleep or not, and how bad can it get without me knowing yet". The micro sleeps when you think, "is that him? Or am I imagining it." Then you fall asleep and its gg.

  • I'm in agreement that all three should be part of the base power personally. The teleport on its own is strong but not enough to pose a massive threat unless you are strictly playing defense.

    The fake pallets is a decent idea and thematically can work but the thing is you need to take a risk in assuming a fake pallet will fool a survivor on its own while they are completely asleep. Also considering you need to look for a spot and place it yourself you're using as much time as Trapper and Hag to set up.

    The Snare idea compliments the fake pallets ability very well and I see it as something that should be part of the base power because having an addon specifically to give a power that could be potentially weak on its own seems like a bad idea.

    I don't see it being overly complicated either and having a diverse set of abilities per character enables a lot of strategy and makes learning that killer even more rewarding. Also I find it more fun to play against killers that have more than just one ability personally even if some parts of the ability are weaker or passives.

    Also yes I've made strong opinions I know it's not out etc wait until PTB. I'm just speculating based on what I've been given although I'm in favor of giving Freddy all 3 as a base. If other killers need buffs I'd be in favor of giving everyone a second ability too but I don't know if that's really relevant here.

    The main thing that I'm using to assess my opinion is the assumption that while a survivor is asleep you no longer see their aura and their action speed is no longer slowed down. Based on that if that turns out to be correct I see the three abilities being fine.

    Overall though I am very pleased with what I saw.

  • Definitely needs all 3 as the base kit. I think people are overstating the benefit of the gen teleport a bit. Yes, it will give map presence, but it won't help in a chase unless the survivor is being chased in the direction of a generator. If it takes 7 seconds to teleport and survivors see a telegraph, it's literally a dream transition in concept.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Definitely needs all 3 as the base kit. I think people are overstating the benefit of the gen teleport a bit. Yes, it will give map presence, but it won't help in a chase unless the survivor is being chased in the direction of a generator. If it takes 7 seconds to teleport and survivors see a telegraph, it's literally a dream transition in concept.

    Also consider we don't know if the teleport only works on uncompleted generators or not. It's safe to assume it won't work on completed generators or generators blocked by the entity due to EGC.

    We also don't know the range and cooldown of his power but those are not as important as the above question imo.

  • He's gonna be so gimmicky.. urgh.

  • @Bongbingbing said:

    I don't know, having three different powers would make him overly complicated and without a doubt they'd give him a lot of restrictions to compensate.

    Waking up seems pretty easy now with not only any failed skill check waking you up but also those clocks spread around. My guess is survivors will just wait out the 60 seconds and get ready to wake up anytime they're about to fall asleep.

    I think the main focus should be on the Gen teleport, If they put too much power into the dream traps and pallets and survivors can easily just counter it by waking up every minute then he'd be in a pretty weak spot.

    No because they said it's much harder to get a skillcheck

  • As long as he can teleport to gens, I'm not too worried about how they go about the fake pallets and snares. This is the danger of revealing something so early. Players get expectations in their heads and are generally disappointed when they get their hands on the product because changes were necessary after play testing. Let them do their jobs and try and properly balance the game instead of making demands. When it gets to the PTB, that is the time to voice what you think should be changed.

  • imo the main problem with the freddy rework is that he cant put people too sleep. If he truly has too wait for a full minute too put someone too sleep then his dream abilities are useless, no chase should last over a minute otherwise its not worth the chase.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    imo the main problem with the freddy rework is that he cant put people too sleep. If he truly has too wait for a full minute too put someone too sleep then his dream abilities are useless, no chase should last over a minute otherwise its not worth the chase.

    He doesnt put them to sleep. They passively fall asleep. He can hit them ALL THE TIME. People go watch the stream pleaae...

  • Freddy will definitely become top tier if all 3 come into play. He'd be able to shut down long loops (until they're patched), he'd be able to trick survivors into looping an unsafe place and on top of that, Freddy will be able to use Surveillance and DESTROY survivors on gens.

    He should be able to put people to sleep and reduce their action speed by 25% though. That can be a small game delaying part of him. If they remove the aura part, Freddy genuinely might be a top tier killer.

    On a sidenote about top tiers, the devs seem to have 2 top tiers come every year. By buffs or by release.

    For year 1, we had Nurse and Billy. Year 2, Hag and Spirit were buffed to become top tier. Year 3, and Freddy might be the 1st top tier. It's interesting how it seems to follow a pattern. Although, It probably doesn't and they just somehow got a coincidence, we'll see in a years time.