Opinions on the Trapper buff?

Personally I don't think it will fix him at all. He's still going to be gen-rushed so hard because he has to run around the map to grab traps. Giving him new add-ons is cool but I feel like he's just going to be weak still and extremely add-on reliant at high ranks. I don't see the problem with just giving him a few traps to start with and letting him pick up as many as he wants. Hopefully I'm wrong but, what do you all think?

Comments

  • My thing is this puts him up higher on the list, he's definitely in a better spot, but a lot of his main issues aren't addressed. Which is that he takes too long to set-up. The bigger maps utterly destroy him, and indoor maps deny him camo for his traps. As if people already don't know how and where a trapper will be placing traps. If the hitboxes on them weren't so iffy, and sometimes hard to disarm they'd almost never snap.

    It's a good step, but he needs a better mechanic to handling his traps, and setting them around. An ultra-rare to make him a semi-scary killer? It's a neat concept, but come on. Also 3m to get a sabo'd trap back? 1.5m with addons? That's an entire match.

  • This content has been removed.
  • You guys must be killer mains Bc as a survivor I’m #shook
  • HeroLives said:
    You guys must be killer mains Bc as a survivor I’m #shook
    I play both, he's just worse than wraith right now. Games go too fast for him to function. 
  • Its not gonna fix him completely but its still a massive boost, time will tell if its going to be good enough, we still have a couple of mid chapter balance updates ahead of us so there is no reason to go all panic mode if he still misses something. 

    I believe its good enough for a while, they should rather focus buffing the Wraith and small buffs for LF and the Pig after the Update.
  • My opinion is that it didn't happen yet, and I'll trust it when I'll see it.

  • It's like the wraith cube, except trapper gets cool new add-ons with his QOL.

    That being said, I do think he will, unlike wraith, be significantly better after the changes.
  • Cetren said:
    It's like the wraith cube, except trapper gets cool new add-ons with his QOL.
    Now thats a poor perspective, even with Tinkerer and both addons his time to place traps is 3.5s, they'll buff it to 2.5 by default (which frees up an add on slot) and make carrying capacity more common and efficient, which while not the buff we hoped for, is still a great help in the long run.
  • I'm hoping the buff will help... but don't want to get too excited when it turns out to be #########.