Freddy teleport uses

With what we know, from the stream, about Freddy's teleport here are some really strong benefits to it that I can see:

Survivor is notified when you are channeling - results in the survivor(s) immediately getting off the gen and running/hiding.

Teleport channeling can be cancelled - You can start channeling to make the survivor(s) think you are coming and then just cancel it. Forcing them off the gen for no reason.

Teleport in chase(or don't) - depending on what type of animation he is given for the channeling this could result in some very fun mind games similar to Spirit's fake phasing.

Anyone else see any cool uses or effects of having the power?

Since everything is a work in progress and we don't know specific numbers or restrictions on the power.... lets not get bogged down in any "It's OP / It's not OP" talk.....

Comments

  • Sounds like it will work well with discordance.

  • Well one thing is for sure it will make defending gens easier. Pop Goes The Weasel seems like it will be much better on him.

    Did stream mention if there was a limit on range for the teleport and a cooldown I didn't quite catch the full thing.

  • @Dustin I don't think they specified a range. CD and Range will be the big determining factors of how useful the power actually is.

  • I'm expecting it to make PGTW actually an auto include on him. Makes it much more reliable to use on the gen you want.

    The teleport is nice for mobility but that's gonna be the end of it. You aren't actually getting any surprise jumps on people with it unless they're blind.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I'm expecting it to make PGTW actually an auto include on him. Makes it much more reliable to use on the gen you want.

    The teleport is nice for mobility but that's gonna be the end of it. You aren't actually getting any surprise jumps on people with it unless they're blind.

    @Blueberry

    If you read my post the usefulness I am mentioning actually comes from the fact that survivors see you coming with it. Forcing survivors to run without actually having to be there..... is good.

  • @Vlieger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/500947#Comment_500947

    @Blueberry

    If you read my post the usefulness I am mentioning actually comes from the fact that survivors see you coming with it. Forcing survivors to run without actually having to be there..... is good.

    That would be a stupid thing to do. You waste more time doing that then you gain.

    They walk away for 3 seconds...oh he didn't teleport..back on it we go.

  • @Blueberry

    Yep I expect that will be what survivors eventually learn to look for and do, but regardless they are off the gen. It will open up a lot of mind game as well since Freddy will be invisible from a certain distance away now you could potentially get close to a gen, but not too close, start channeling to force a survivor to run. If they run towards you, cancel it and chase them. If they run away, finish the channel and chase them.

  • @Vlieger said:

    @Blueberry

    Yep I expect that will be what survivors eventually learn to look for and do, but regardless they are off the gen. It will open up a lot of mind game as well since Freddy will be invisible from a certain distance away now you could potentially get close to a gen, but not too close, start channeling to force a survivor to run. If they run towards you, cancel it and chase them. If they run away, finish the channel and chase them.

    I'm assuming red rank survivors that are half intelligent, not low ranks that don't know what's going on.

    "but regardless they are off the gen."

    That is irrelevant. Them getting off the gen for 3 seconds is worse for you because that cost you 3 seconds of channeling as well. You as the killer are on the clock, not the survivors. That wasn't a good trade for you.

    "It will open up a lot of mind game as well since Freddy will be invisible from a certain distance away now you could potentially get close to a gen, but not too close, start channeling to force a survivor to run"

    This isn't going to work against red ranks.

  • @Blueberry

    "This isn't going to work against red ranks."

    Red Ranks can see through invisibility? If they run to a point where they see Freddy and turn around, they have still wasted time and closed the distance to the killer.

    Not sure if you actually play in red ranks and are talking from experience..... but there are some pretty bad people in red ranks.

  • @Vlieger said:

    @Blueberry

    "This isn't going to work against red ranks."

    Red Ranks can see through invisibility? If they run to a point where they see Freddy and turn around, they have still wasted time and closed the distance to the killer.

    Not sure if you actually play in red ranks and are talking from experience..... but there are some pretty bad people in red ranks.

    Do I need to turn on my stream to show rank 1 on both sides?

    They can see him at enough distance to not be a big issue.

    After the current pip changes there are much less potatoes at red ranks than there used to be.

    "Not sure if you actually play in red ranks and are talking from experience"

    Do you? Your opinions make that questionable.

  • @Blueberry

    "They can see him at enough distance to not be a big issue."

    I think that is quite an assumption to make from a 5 second clip. Especially considering the different factors of a match such as if he will be in line of sight, but to each their own. I will continue to speculate potential until we can playtest it and see how people react.


    "After the current pip changes there are much less potatoes at red ranks than there used to be."

    Less yes, but there are still plenty. It really isn't hard to get to red ranks still.


    We appear to have very different opinions so rather than this devolving into a pointless argument, when it was meant to be just a speculation thread of potential, I will say we can agree to disagree. Once it can actually be tested and see how people play, we can talk more. GL in the fog.

  • @Vlieger said:

    @Blueberry

    "They can see him at enough distance to not be a big issue."

    I think that is quite an assumption to make from a 5 second clip. Especially considering the different factors of a match such as if he will be in line of sight, but to each their own. I will continue to speculate potential until we can playtest it and see how people react.

    "After the current pip changes there are much less potatoes at red ranks than there used to be."

    Less yes, but there are still plenty. It really isn't hard to get to red ranks still.

    We appear to have very different opinions so rather than this devolving into a pointless argument, when it was meant to be just a speculation thread of potential, I will say we can agree to disagree. Once it can actually be tested and see how people play, we can talk more. GL in the fog.

    "I think that is quite an assumption to make from a 5 second clip"

    This entire conversation we are having is assumption. That is kind of the point. I never said things as definite, I said them as a first impression.

    I agree to disagree. GL