Closing hatch if someone uses a key?
i havent really had a chance to test out the hatch closing mechanic fully yet but im extremely curious about this. If a survivor were to use a key to open the hatch and the killer was able to close it before it closed itself, would that trigger the end game? As far as I know the end game is activated when an exit gate is opened or when the hatch is closed so I can't help but feel like this is what would happen.
Comments
Only if theres only one survivor left.
This is an interesting question but I haven't seen it happen so far, and I get into tons of hatch key games (because I build for it). I'll post here if I ever see it happen.
Yes, it would because the killer closed the hatch, but make sure that you're smart about it tho when you do close the hatch.
For example: 1 generator with 3 survivors
A survivor escaped, and you closed the hatch with 2 survivors remaining. Since you closed the hatch, the EGC started and powered both exit gates. Now you have to defend both exit gates from 2 survivors.
Now, if you let the hatch close, 2 survivors will have to complete 1 generator before the exit gates are powered on. This gives you more time to sacrifice them, while in the situation above, they are already about to escape.
Yes closing the Hatch would trigger endgame.
Regardless if it was opened by a key or if it was opened by the natural mechanic
This is coming from somebody who tried to escape with their two other friends through the Hatch only to have it closed on the other two whilst I escaped
That situation does trigger EGC. Also, something interesting to note that I didn't expect to happen. If a survivor opens the hatch with a key and you close it with more than 1 survivor left in the game and manage to kill all but one, the hatch will open back up again. That happened to me once and I was caught off guard.
@Mochan What is your build?
Technically the only important thing to bring is Plunderer, then maybe Tarnished or Purple Coin.
I use the "Santa Claus Build"
Use coins if you have to increase the number of chests. I don't usually but with this build I get to hatch escape maybe once every five games. On a good night I will hatch escape five times or so. I build for stealth so that I can stay alive long enough to use the key. You might also want to bring in a tool box or use Prove Thyself so you can finish gens faster. Stealth is surer though so you can last longer and stay alive if everyone else gets picked off.
I like Ace in the Hole so that if no keys came out at least I got nice items to gift to my teammates. This is actually called the "Santa Claus Build" -- Bond is for you to find teammates and drop gifts off to them. And once you have found the hatch helps you find teammates to get them to tag along with you to hatch escape. 3-man hatches are uncommon with this build and I managed to get the "Where did they Go?" Achievement once.