Exploit or not?

Not to long ago I played a game as Legion and I was on "The Game".

A specific spot on the map is in a corner, it has stairs and has a chance to spawn a pallet at 2 sides next to the stairs. The following happened:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DelightfulVainBoarPipeHype

Is this an exploit? I've been using this since before The Clown came out, not only on that map, but on maps like Father Campbell's Chapel, same case with stairs and The Asylum where there's an opening on the second floor and a window and you can swing through the window.

Would it be considered an exploit tho? Because streamers have used it and to my knowledge didn't get in trouble or get a warning. Would like to hear your thoughts

Comments

  • Not to long ago I played a game as Legion and I was on "The Game".

    lol u sexy curvy

    nope, not an exploit, I think is just another bug but nothing u really can take advantage like everytime, just in that very specific areas and not accelerating the killer much (or maybe nothing)

  • @BACKSTABBER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/65537/exploit-or-not

    lol u sexy curvy

    nope, not an exploit, I think is just another bug but nothing u really can take advantage like everytime, just in that very specific areas and not accelerating the killer much (or maybe nothing)

    Thank you, I would still like to know more tho like confirmation from a Dev, I totally agree with the points you have of it doesn't really buy much time. As far that I'm concerned there we're no other pallets in the area (From looking back on the stream) so I would of downed her anyways.

  • @BACKSTABBER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/65537/exploit-or-not

    lol u sexy curvy

    nope, not an exploit, I think is just another bug but nothing u really can take advantage like everytime, just in that very specific areas and not accelerating the killer much (or maybe nothing)

    @BACKSTABBER

    Way to help answer the question by immediately commenting on her physical attributes. Real classy.

  • 09230367-EF1C-42A0-86E5-FA3EE8643D26.jpeg

    Also Haddonfield, I think so. @Peanits can you tell us if it is?

  • These be bugs that have been in the game for a while. Most of the time you can't make any of these specific ones into viable plays. I just sorta treat it as getting hits across the combines on coldwind. They can be done, but there is easier ways.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/499707#Comment_499707

    @BACKSTABBER

    Way to help answer the question by immediately commenting on her physical attributes. Real classy.

    Thanks! this game has violence but needs more sex so I try my best in forums

  • That doesn't look intended.

  • Eww... who plays Julie?

    Probably something someone shouldn't be capable of doing, but it doesn't seem like something reportable.

    Same with the pallet skip.

  • Quote from @Peanits (Dev•Community Manager):

    If the map is made in a way that you can get on top of a pallet, you won't be banned for that. To give a similar example, lunging out of the coal tower window to skip part of the loop is not bannable. If you are using an exploit to do so, that would be a different story (e.g. you discover that by running into a pallet in just the right way, you can get on top of them).

  • If anyone is questioning if what @NMCKE is true, here is the link to the thread where Peanits said that https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/57371/is-getting-on-top-of-pallets-intended-bannable-map-allows-it

    image.png


  • It's a bit of neat tech, like crossing the hole in Badham Preschool, but we aren't going to be banning for it. If it ends up being a big issue-- which so far it's not-- it would make much more sense to just move the pallet back a bit.

  • Not to long ago I played a game as Legion and I was on "The Game".

    Did she clip it?

  • @BACKSTABBER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/65537/exploit-or-not

    lol u sexy curvy

    nope, not an exploit, I think is just another bug but nothing u really can take advantage like everytime, just in that very specific areas and not accelerating the killer much (or maybe nothing)

    Jesus Christ, you run Predator on all your killers?

    Effing hell.

  • Should be okay. It's the safest pallet lol, finally an alternative instead if just breaking it

  • Getting on top of stuff is only an exploit if it breaks gameplay in some way. Being untouchable is one such example, and likely the only example of an exploit as it is more or less the only thing that can cause a stalemate.

    But making use of a drop point to get over a wall/pallet, that shouldn't be a problem at all. Killers can use this start in number of places really. Harvesters on Coldwind maps, a Killer can lunge around them to smack someone waiting at the bale ramp. There was once a few spots on Haddonfield where you could jump off a roof over a fence/hedge.

    It's cleaver map usage. Survivors and Killers can use them to their advantage if they happen to find one. Just as long as you aren't clipping into something or using it to cause a stalemate, you'll be fine.