EGC Slight Change for 1v1 scenario
I personally like EGC a lot and think it's fine the way it is. IMO Killer has and should have the advantage in 1v1 EGC. I also don't mind the RNG of door spawns..... BUT I thought I would throw this idea out there just to see what people think:
What if when the killer closes the hatch, the survivor receives a notification of where the hatch was closed?
I think the slight information to the survivor would allow for more dynamic play at the end rather then the common strategy of:
Last survivor -> sit at door and wait for killer to close hatch -> start opening gate and hope killer doesn't run to this one first
Comments
Don't you think that for example sneaky Myers without TR would add to the tension instead of giving you a flag: HEY, YOU' RE SAFE.
@theArashi I don't really think killers are ever trying to be sneaky after closing the hatch. They are just closing it and booking it to a gate to check it.
Although after thinking about the idea further it may give too much of an advantage to survivors with keys who have not located the hatch yet. Could just hide, wait for killer to close the hatch, and be shown where to run to.
*shrug*
Like I said I like EGC, but think adding this little bit of info would change things up just slightly for the better.
I actually think it's in a perfect spot currently. Favoring the killer as it should, but not too much. I've escaped a lot as survivor when I play it right during EGC 1v1 and I mean using the actual gate, not even the hatch.
If it was a noise indicator like when a gen is done then I think that would be fair. Makes it more of a mind game when both players know which door the killer is closest to.
Yeah exactly. More mindgame, less random "Survivor: I pick this gate. Killer: I pick this gate." situations
Its not a mindgame if the survivor knows which gate the killer'll probably go to first.
@Vlieger
If the gates were more spaced out, then this common strategy could change into a more precise strategy where the survivor has to memorize the killer's patrol route and take advantage of it.
Notice: At 0:01-0:06 I perfectly timed the Spirit's patrol route.
This could lead to some interesting gameplay such as trying to sneak out while the killer was occupied checking the other exit gate or perhaps, the killer randomizes their patrol route and it got you caught. Either way, your idea with a minimum/maximum exit gate spawn distance limit would make the EGC a lot more unique to the last survivor. :)
On paper this sounds ok but you’re not considering times when last survivor has a key. So killer closes hatch before survivor finds it & the survivor is shown where hatch was.... free escape GGEZ
Today on devs stream they are gonna talk about map balance and I wouldnt be surprised if fixing the exit gate spawn would be one of the topics.
No one deserves free escape or free kill.
Except there are no free kills (as long as survivors arent griefing or afk.)
I actually think it's in a pretty good spot right now. As a survivor you already get plenty of chances to escape, I feel like the third chance being up to RNG is fair.
Change the doors to not be so RNG based and you make the third chance at an escape a 50/50 on which door the killer goes to first since gates can be opened in such a short time the killer cant possibly make it to the two gates in time, This would just cause some killers who really want the 4k to camp the open hatch and wait for the survivor to give their location.
@Daniel101773 Yep, In my 2nd post in this thread I said I hadn't originally thought about if the survivor had a key. I don't see people bring a key or find a key all that often, but it would for sure be a bit to easy for them if they did.