Playing dbd on Wired Vs Wireless connection

I play on Xbox with a wireless connection. I never get complaints of bad internet apart from when I do.

I know my wireless connection sometimes gets interference by nearby appliances when they are all being used.

Aeroplanes flying overhead have caused my connection to really suffer so I thought what the heck, those planes can't disrupt a wired connection from a router to my Xbox.

I'm literally about to set up a wired connection to play on.

My question is to you people.

What is the difference in quality? I hear wired is more stable.

What are the drawbacks of wired connections? I only hear good things.

Comments

  • One of the downsides Is just that you won't receive messages about lag switch or mcdonalds WiFi anymore.

  • There is no downside, really. The only upside to wireless is that you can put your Xbox anywhere in your house.

  • If you follow norm there is no drawback of wired connection.

    Using wireless over wired is just pure failure.

  • Finally set it up. You know what. I'm gonna be mean to some survivors and if they complain I'll just say "at least my internet connection is really good". I bet I've jinxed it.

  • @AshleyWB the only down side is that it requires a cable to be run, which no one should consider bad. WiFi on the other hand is ALWAYS unstable, no matter how good your connection is. I’ve run tests on some of the best Cisco Air Ports, and even they will lose packets, that need to be retried. It’s the retry that causes the severe latency, which can be as bad as a satellite connection (~1,000ms). A single retry will add a minimum of 100ms to your latency, and multiples easily jumps to over 300ms.

  • If you have a dualband router, then put your Xbox on the 5ghz frequency. Most appliances, wireless phones, etc. run on the 2.5ghz frequency, so if you play on the same frequency with your Xbox you get a lot of interference. I play on wireless and used to be wired. I have a very high quality wireless dualband router (one made for gaming) and I don't have problems aside from occasional hiccups here and there. Wired is definitely more stable, but if you have a good router like I do and set up your network properly there really isn't much of a difference.

  • Wired is better.

    I never stay in the lobby when a killer has a wireless connection.

    You can tell because PS4 MS goes from a 42 to 289 from one second to another.

    And after that, it's another 5-10 minute wait for another lobby.

  • Depends how long the distance is. If you have to put the cable across your house it's going to be annoying af to deal with cable laying around.

    U would have to invest time (and money) to attach the cable at the wall so it's hidden, u know what I mean?

    That's actually one big reason why I still use WiFi. Don't have the time to make it good enough, would annoy me to much. Also i have a laptop and move with it everywhere, so it doesn't make really sense for me anyway.

  • I played a game of rocket league which lagged often when I used wireless My ping didn't exceed 28. I'm shocked.

    Trying dbd now.

  • It actually feels like you run faster with a wired connection too. I'm already sold.

    My ethernet cable is so small though, I should upgrade it