Killer & Survivor icons.
Is it allowed to change your killer & survivor icons? can i get banned doing that?
Is it allowed to change your killer & survivor icons? can i get banned doing that?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's one of those "proceed at your own risk" things. EAC doesn't currently scan for it, but if and when they start to, you're on your own.
You think if i got banned and told the reason to devs i could get unbanned?
Nope. EAC bans are to be taken up with EAC.
That is out of their hands. BHVR is not in control of bans outside of the ones they personally give.
No, we wouldn't be able to help you there. If EAC detects it and bans you, it would just appear as if you were modifying files (which you were), so we wouldn't be able to unban you. If you choose to do so, you'd be doing it at your own risk.
got it, thanks.
@Peanits, I see this same discussion pop up all the time every once in a while, so I've seen your "If EAC detects; we won't unban" spiel quite a lot, but can I ask why you can't unban for that?
That would be an automated ban. To us, it would just appear as you modifying files. We wouldn't necessarily know which, that'd be up to EAC.
@Peanits
Wait, if you get banned by EAC, can't you appeal the ban if you contact EAC and explain it to them? Just curious.
You can, but that would be up to their discretion. We cannot guarantee that you'll be unbanned.
@Peanits
That's really cool that they will give a chance to appeal your ban. :)
I thought once you was banned by EAC, it's game over since BHVR can't help you.
I'll add in my theory crafting here on this subject...
EAC is a client of DBD.
There are allot of people doing what you asked about. Including streamers.
I doubt EAC would ever start banning on those specific files, since this would automatically ban a big group of people. This would create a customer service nightmare for their client.
Most likely what would happen is EAC would say to BHVR, "We need to start monitoring these files, give a heads up to your community, cause on this date we will start banning for it."
...
My theory and I'm sticking too it.
The nightmare it could cause might push a big portion of the community away in one foul swoop.
And if this isn't the case... It would be wise for BHVR to specifically mention this to EAC.
@Peanits
But let's just imagine you know why he got banned (changing icons, using a macro etc) u would be able to unban right? So why doesn't eac provide information to bhvr automatically?
I would take a guess that EAC wouldn't ban for these stuff anyway, but I don't know how EACs mindset is according to give specific informations.
One thing tho: you as bhvr have the control about what gets banned or not right? I just remember 2016 those farming bots using macros, if I call correctly u made "a deal" with EAC to ban players who are boting with a certain macro right?
So couldn't u guys also just "Whitelist" UI icons to be changed and we just have peace with these constant questions and worry of "eventuall ban one day if eac wants to"?
The way i look at it modify ANY file should't be allowed. I just don't know why BHVR allows people to edit any file. MAYBE they should just sell ICON skins then... LOL
Cuz changing UI icons doesn't give any advantage, and that's basically the only job of EAC: making sure that the playground is even.