Do I HAVE to play Nurse?

So, a couple weeks ago I realized, "Hey, as I get better at this game my rank's gonna rise." Which is cool, right? But I keep hearing all this stuff about how Nurse, Billy and Huntress are the only effective Killers at upper ranks and I'm gonna have to main them if I don't wanna get slammed the second I start rising.

So I figure, "Alright, #########, bring it on." And I start playing the Nurse.

A couple weeks later, I've fully formulated my opinion on the Nurse: Of all the Killers I've played (which is everyone except Bubba, Pig, and Fred), the Nurse is easily my least favorite one to play. Even after I got an idea of how to accurately blink and land hits, she still felt unsatisfying at best and frustrating at worst. I'd look at chases I won and think: "Wow. I could've done the exact same thing with any other Killer by holding W and pressing Mouse 1."

Her Blinks are jarring, annoying, and just generally unfun to use. Every time I play her I think, "I could be playing Doc or Michael right now."

And Huntress, well... she's alright I guess. Same for Billy. But in my honest opinion, Shape is more fun. And Doctor. And Wraith. And Hag, even. And—you get the idea. And yes, I UNDERSTAND Huntress and Nurse are so good because they counter pallets. But I still find them less than fun to play.

I really, REALLY hate playing Nurse. But I also really, REALLY wanna be able to rise up in rank without getting my butt touched aggressively every match.

Is there some sort of option? Can I play Shape or Doctor or Hag and still be effective at upper ranks to get by? Or is this game actually designed in a way that the Nurse is the only good Killer at that level?

FYI, my mains are Doctor and Michael, so those are the two I'm most concerned about.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Oh right, this is an old post.
  • I want to love Nurse, but I can't seem to get the hang of her, personally. I usually seem to slightly overshoot the survivor, and can't turn, and hit by the time they run off.

    There's a small band of people on this forum that claim they do well at high ranks with non meta characters. 
    Try out whomever you're comfortable with before deciding that thet won't be viable in high ranks. They might work for you at any rank.
  • I play on console and have given the Nurse a few goes recently.  I'm pretty bad with her as a whole, but have moments where I shine as her.  I WANT to do better with her, getting a 2k and nearly a 3k (damn Kobe while I had two hooked and ping'd between em) made me feel decently confident in doing better, even with a horrid match on the new map.

    It just takes a lot more effort to get the Blinks down decently, when to not use all your blinks and as mentioned, understanding the group of Survivors you're facing AND their habits/ways of playing.

    If you can get that down decently, you have a chance to really put pressure on a Survivor team. That said, Clown, Hag, Michael Myers and Spirit are more my mains (I play every Killer off & on, some more than others tho).  So, at least for console, Nurse is not mandatory.  I know on PC she's bit different in how well her snipe and snap hits can be at being effective.

    For myself personally, I'm going to keep practicing with her but I'm not sure if I'll fully commit to mastering her and playing her seriously xP.
  • Whomst the phucc revived this cancerous thread lol
  • Rank 1 wraith here and sure I lose bad sometimes.
    But I can get a4k too. I only really try for 3 and f everything else.

  • I've played Rank 1 Myers, and have won more than I've lost on average. Hopefully I'll be able to to do the same with Legion as well.

1 2 3 ›