Concept for a 2nd objective for survivors

Basic concept:

Survivors need to fill up generators with gas before they can start working on them. 

There are 4 small gas stations on the map from where the survs can obtain gas. A surv can only carry 1 gas unit and loses the unit when getting hit. After losing a unit or successfully delivering it to a gen, the surv can get a new unit at one of the gas stations. A gen needs to get filled with 2 units before it can get repaired.

More details:

The size of a gas station is comparable to the Pig's jigsaw boxes.

Neither survivors nor killers can see the gas stations' auras. Similar to the gens' light poles, gas stations have poles with a sign so that they can be spotted easier from afar. They also emit small sounds that help finding them on maps like Léry's. (There is the possibility to introduce perks that make finding gas stations easier, but it's not necessary.)

The gas supply at each station is endless and it doesn't matter from which station the survs are getting the gas. Obtaining a unit and filling it into a gen are fast one-click actions, no progress bar, no skill checks.

The killer can't see whether a gen is filled with 0, 1 or 2 units. Survivors see the amount of units when they are at the gen. (Alternatively: There a 2 additional lights at the gen's light pole which each turns from red to green once 1 unit has been put into the gen.)

Of course, once a gen has been filled with a unit, this can't be reversed. After 2 units have been filled into the gen, you can start to repair the gen as usual.



That's the concept so far. Please let me hear your thoughts!

Comments

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @C3Tooth Keep in mind that survivors are more likely to find the Ruin totem by accident when they have to run/sneak over the map to collect + deliver the gas. Ruin doesn't have to be too powerful combined with a 2nd objective.

    I agree that the suggestion to rework Ruin to give Exposed status while carrying gas is a bit too powerful. We are now going into the very detail when we are talking about potential perks for this suggestion for a 2nd objective, but that's fine.

    I think it could be possible for a perk to keep the aura reveal for a couple of seconds, as @NMCKE suggested, and say the Exposed status is applied for like 5 seconds. (Similar to Iron Maiden.)

    Perhaps your Iron Maiden idea will satisfy! I know you really don't want Ruined to be changed, but I feel like it does because of this:

    • It increases the generator simulator (We all know how fun it is to hold M1 for 80 seconds, AND guess what? Ruin adds more M1 action! Yay... so fun)

    Currently, Ruin is the only band-aid fix to the gen-rush meta, so I'm okay with it extending the generator simulator (despite it being a VERY monotonous task). However, after your change, I really want Ruin to do something else because I'm sick of sitting at a generator for way longer than I need to. Ruin should spice up the gas can process since it's the most fun part about the survivors' objective! Why not make it more interesting with a Ruin change?


    I refined the Ruin rework :)


    Hex (Ruin):

    Survivors will meet their demise if they dare to escape. Whenever a survivor gas generator, their aura will be revealed to you for 5/7/10 seconds and they will suffer from the exposed status effect for 30 seconds. Upon this Hex being cleansed, any survivor carrying a gas can will suffer from the exposed status effect for 60 seconds.

  • There are things about current Ruin

    • Spawn location of totems
    • Randomly pick 1 of 5 totem to be a Ruin
    • Skill check happens randomly

    These 3 make the Ruin too much RNG, sometime it took a min, sometime it took a whole game. So it must be changed to close the gaps.


    Beside, I gave the idea "Giving Killer ability to put Hex Ruin on 1 of dull totems to active the perk". Killer will able to see dull totems aura in a different color with other Hex, they will lost ability to see dull totems once they make a dull into Ruin. And Ruin only active after Killer done doing it. For the sake of Ruin not spawning in the middle of the field.

    Or someone gave the idea of Hex only light up when you cleansing it. For that, survivors dont realize its a Ruin until they fixing the Gen (being consume more gas), or realize its other Hex until they cleansing a dull looking totem. That will more likely force survivors to even touch a dull totem when they found one before they get gas. Which is buy more time.


    In the end, Hex Ruin is a perk that to slow the game. I want the game slowed down without requiring Hex Ruin, so any kind of 2nd Objective is a wishlist to me. But I also dont want 2nd Objective to be a combine force with Ruin to slow the game to the point Survivors have no chance to win.

  • we want a second objective for 3 years now but they dont care. guess it would take too much work and effort? idk

  • @NMCKE I'm not passionate about keeping Ruin the way it is after a 2nd objective gets introduced. I don't feel like changing it is necessary but I'm also not against it.

    Regarding your suggestion: I like the idea itself, I would just lower the amount of seconds. I'm afraid it would be too powerful otherwise.

  • @Kenshin said:

    we want a second objective for 3 years now but they dont care. guess it would take too much work and effort? idk

    3 years is a little disingenuous, as when the game first released, it was so much simpler with so few perks that metas didnt exist in the sense they do now, so the game was just, exactly what it was. Hide and seek and kill.

    Now that the perks are here, so many more maps and killers and variables, its much harder to balance around a SINGLE objective.

  • Honestly, 1 survivor & 1 killer each 3 months. Total of 12 new perks for survivors & 12 perks for killer every year. The ideas for perk cant be handle to be balanced. If they're actually think of different kind of objectives to play, it would be less boring than "hey we have a new meta perk".

  • @C3Tooth I agree, It should not be obligatory to run Ruin if killers want to have a chance winning.

    I also think that a new objective would be more exciting than new perks. (That doesn't mean that I don't like new perks, don't get me wrong.)


    @Kenshin Don't be that pessimistic. Think of the Halloween event where the survivors had to harvest the big orange wobble blobs. The devs the did all that programming just to give us an event. Implementing a 2nd objective would be absolutely doable. I guess the devs just aren't sure yet whether they are going to give us a 2nd objective or not.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @C3Tooth I agree, It should not be obligatory to run Ruin if killers want to have a chance winning.

    I also think that a new objective would be more exciting than new perks. (That doesn't mean that I don't like new perks, don't get me wrong.)

    @Kenshin Don't be that pessimistic. Think of the Halloween event where the survivors had to harvest the big orange wobble blobs. The devs the did all that programming just to give us an event. Implementing a 2nd objective would be absolutely doable. I guess the devs just aren't sure yet whether they are going to give us a 2nd objective or not.

    im playing since beta what is over 3 years now. there is not even one single reason to think positive about bhvr actually listening to viable community feedback.

  • Overall I think this is a good concept, it's like the Lanterns from the Chinese event and it gives more depth to the Gens which is good because they're boring.

    I think Suicidefox came up with Gens overheating if you worked on them too fast and being overheated made damaging them more punishable and the skillchecks got harder etc. and that's good too.

    Anything to bring depth and make Gens more fun to work on is good, I like the Gas idea personally, I really want to hear Survivors running with a sloshing sound coming from their gas can as I chase them lol

  • What perks will you make with your new objective idea? Just curious because we're going to need some! :)


    Chemistry Knowledge:

    Some knowledge of how chemicals react with one and another made you exceptionally efficient when picking the right gas can. When gassing a generator, there is a 50% chance that the gas will count as two gas cans towards the generator instead of one. See the auras of all gas stations within a 24/28/32 meter range to you.

  • I feel like adding a lock on gens would put a lot of perks on the back burner. I think, much like the Hallowed Blight event, a second objective should have nothing to do with Gens

  • @RotBb A 2nd objective should be obligatory, not voluntary like the Halloween event. I think that leads to a 2nd objective being related to gens and/or exit gates.

    Also, I don't think that such a 2nd objective would be an indirect nerf to existing perks. The survivors still have to do the gens, after all. And the strongest survivors perks aren't those which help with gen repair anyway.

  • @NMCKE said:

    What perks will you make with your new objective idea? Just curious because we're going to need some! :)

    Chemistry Knowledge:

    Some knowledge of how chemicals react with one and another made you exceptionally efficient when picking the right gas can. When gassing a generator, there is a 50% chance that the gas will count as two gas cans towards the generator instead of one. See the auras of all gas stations within a 24/28/32 meter range to you.

    @NMCKE Nice suggestion! However, I would separate your idea in two perks:

    Chemistry Knowledge:

    When gassing a generator, there is a 50% chance that the gas will count as two gas cans towards the generator instead of one. Also, when being hit by the killer while you are carrying a gas can, you will not drop the can.


    Fuel in their Veins:

    See the auras of all gas stations within a 24/28/32 meter range to you.


    Maybe I'll add a killer perk as well. Have to think about it some more. ^^

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @RotBb A 2nd objective should be obligatory, not voluntary like the Halloween event. I think that leads to a 2nd objective being related to gens and/or exit gates.

    Also, I don't think that such a 2nd objective would be an indirect nerf to existing perks. The survivors still have to do the gens, after all. And the strongest survivors perks aren't those which help with gen repair anyway.

    I mean killer perks. Thrilling tremors, corrupt intervention, etc, they are pointless if their is already a lock on gens .

  • @RotBb Ah okay, I thought you were talking about survivor perks. Killer perks can be adjusted if necessary.

    When a new game mechanic gets introduced, in general, it can mean that perks or killer powers have to be adjusted. Think of when the EGC Collapse got implemented, for example.

1 2 ›