Battlepass isn't bad and here is why:

The Battlepass isn't that bad just because we get FREE Items and MORE challenges. If you want to buy it then do it and if not then just don't buy it. IT IS !NOT! a must buy for you so stop blaming the devs for it. I dont see why it makes so much trouble. it only has positive things that i count now:

  • Free Items / Cosmetics
  • (from the leak) Free Aura Cells and Shards
  • More challenges also for FREE
  • you can support the devs with even more money so WE can also get more licensed chapters.

As i said .. you dont have to buy it if you dont want to!

Comments

  • @TheAntiSanta said:

    The "Free Line" isn't there, because "Oh, Good Guy Dev just wants everyone to have Content, even if they can't pay." It's there to ensure you're looking at the Battlepass Progression Bar, and seeing everything that you're not getting right now, but could get, if you're just spend a little bit of money, honey, we got your disease. Jungle, welcome to the jungle. Watch it bring you to your shun n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n knees, knees. Uh I, I wanna watch you bleed.

    And buzz off with this "Oh, you're just repeating what that YouTuber said," Nonsense. Just because someone else said something, doesn't mean the idea is wrong. And it isn't like all you people saying "Oh, Battlepasses Are Actually Good" aren't all parroting each other, as well.

    Exactly. If people really were only defending the free items, we could simply, idk, get FREE items from the devs without implementation of a "pay if you want" option.

    It's entirely to lure/make people feel like they need to get it or theyll never have said items. It's a ######### tactic. It's why I quit spending money on Rocket League altogether.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/647/YVPZHFN4JHIR.png

    All addons in the game on Xbox. (doesn't include Bill on PC).

    A battlepass would make the game + all of it's addons cost over $200+ I'd rather buy a bundle pack than a Battlepass.. IMO.

    Also... WE DO support the Devs with $200 per player...

    I see a battlepass as a waste of code.

    If you want a battlepass that says alot. Like... Do you play Fortnite? PUBG? Bo4 Blackout?

    If you said yes to any of those... think about this... What does that game have what we don't Cosmetics wise?

    DUH GUNS and you can shoot and it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more competitive.

    Having skins as battlepass items are pointless same as currency.

    I just earn the stuff I want and move on. I don't need a battlepass to be like: "Hey here's an easy way to get the skin" I want a challenge not some bogus stuff the Devs cook up.

    Hell make it so you earn Cells and Shards when you Level up to another Player level.

    Then guess what? You get EVERY SKIN LEGIT and guess what? FREE

    No payment required unless you want that skin faster by buying Cells.

    No one needs a battlepass. But if you played Fortnite or any battle Royal then your point is invalid if you actually like their battlepass system. I played litterally all of them. All their battlepasses make me not want to play the game. Am I playing any Battle Royal anymore?

    NOPE.

    Leave battlepasses in Battle Royal games.

    This is one of the most braindead arguments I've seen in a while...

  • The fact that everything is still the same (you can still buy cosmetics separately like before) and get free cosmetics but for a little more money, you can get 3x-4x the amount of cosmetics for the same price or close to it but you gotta do challenges for the extra amount and people are complaining? Just go buy single outfits with Auric Cells and Leave us who want the battlepass out of your opinions. I can't wait for battlepass.

  • @ScoopskiPotatoes said:

    The issue is you’re dealing with a player base that lacks a basic understanding of economics. The game is not free to maintain- they need money coming in to pay developers, testers, get licenses, etcetera.

    The money the game has already made? It’s gone. It’s not like every dollar sits in a vault- they paid employees, taxes, overhead, and investors. Without money coming in, the company, and the game, will die.

    Selling cosmetics and Battle Passes is a way to NOT just charge everyone an access fee. Money has to come in- the game will die without it.

    the money is gone because they have wasted millions on developing DeathGarden to the flop that it will become.

  • @ScoopskiPotatoes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/494914#Comment_494914

    You expect games to keep going with no money coming in? Come on, you have to be trying to be that dumb.

    @ScoopskiPotatoes So what happens to the money that we spend on chapters? It just vanishes? How about the store where people buy cosmetics?

  • @Timtom24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/494578#Comment_494578

    wow ok yes that is right but its not for me with only that thinking. for me it is to farm stuff and the thought that i would like to support behaviour with my money so we all can get more out of the game like more licensed chapters.

    @Timtom24 I thought they added the store so people can buy cosmetics to support BHVR if they want to. Exploiting people subconsciously is not the path I want BHVR to take.

  • @PolarBear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/494625#Comment_494625

    @Timtom24 I thought they added the store so people can buy cosmetics to support BHVR if they want to. Exploiting people subconsciously is not the path I want BHVR to take.

    yes they did. but think about that:

    the skins which are purple in the store are not really worth 10 Dollars / Euros, with the pass you will get at least 3 of them for the same price. you support the developers as well so there is only positive stuff for it.


    Just wait and we will see.

  • creating things...costs money. the new world order has not arrived.

  • @pungent_stench said:

    creating things...costs money. the new world order has not arrived.

    exactly!

  • I posted this in another thread so I might as well post it here too:

    I’m not mad about the idea of paying for a battlepass; I think it makes perfect sense. I AM mad however at the battlepass introducing the idea of exclusivity and exclusives skins when previously all skins have been available to everybody. (At least since the in game store update) 

    This is why I think the best solution is to make all skins that are unlockable within the rift, be purchasable within the store after the rift period is over. People who grind/buy the battlepass still get the opportunity to get the skins early and for a discounted price really, whereas people who would buy them from the store would end up having to wait to get them and pay full price. ($10 per skin) This way people are still incentivized to purchase the battlepass and grind the game, without excluding people from getting these skins at a later date. 

    The only people who I can imagine would be against this are those that just want to have a skin that they can show off and brag about, because not everyone has it.

  • The Battlepass isn't that bad just because we get FREE Items and MORE challenges. If you want to buy it then do it and if not then just don't buy it. IT IS !NOT!

    im with you:) im excited for it:D

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    I posted this in another thread so I might as well post it here too:

    I’m not mad about the idea of paying for a battlepass; I think it makes perfect sense. I AM mad however at the battlepass introducing the idea of exclusivity and exclusives skins when previously all skins have been available to everybody. (At least since the in game store update) 

    This is why I think the best solution is to make all skins that are unlockable within the rift, be purchasable within the store after the rift period is over. People who grind/buy the battlepass still get the opportunity to get the skins early and for a discounted price really, whereas people who would buy them from the store would end up having to wait to get them and pay full price. ($10 per skin) This way people are still incentivized to purchase the battlepass and grind the game, without excluding people from getting these skins at a later date. 

    The only people who I can imagine would be against this are those that just want to have a skin that they can show off and brag about, because not everyone has it.

    thats exactly what i thought. that would be the perfect answer to that problem ^^

1 2 ›