Make Pop Token Based
And give it some more %. 25% of the overall gen is nice, but survivors can eat through that like it's nothing, and only really effective if you're snowballing and they're tapping that same gen. With the timer you feel obligated to find a gen to break or lose it. Other times you get really unlucky and have to break a gen that just got tapped for a few seconds.
Hooks are finite resources, and this perk is supposed to help slow the game down. I'd even be ok with it if for 1 or 2 minutes when I kick a gen it knocks that % off, probably tweaked a bit, but I'd be fine at 15-20% cuz it'd stop survivors from casually tapping a gen mid-chase and negating any regression I did/was trying to achieve.
Comments
PGTW is almost fine as it is. I would increase the timer, that's it. More than 25% regress and/or tokens would make this perk too powerful.
Kicking a gen without PGTW should always apply a small instant regress, around 5%.
I agree that pop goes the weasel has to short timer, it promotes fast moving killers like Billy and Nurse (who are in 80% of my matches anyway) while the rest of the cast just wastes most pop procs. Make it one minute. Or 5% weaker but token based.
I also agree that kicking gen should always inflict small regress to discourage tapping (super anti immersive yet effective stuff).
Not many killers are capable to prevent survivors from running away from the gens that are being done. Map control is in their hands most of them time. Besides that swf teams have a tendency to call out their friends, how much close a gen they just ran away from is done. So one runs to it and might even finish it right before you are there.
@Topic
I agree, something should be done, so pop works for less mobile killers as well as for mobile ones. And I say, let's get rid of the timer and make it, just a general one time use after activation. The fact, that you wouldn't be able to stack PGTW tokens already makes it a tactical choice, for them, if they go for the gen or a survivor. I don't think the timer itself is necessary.
Let me correct you:
It works as intended when u play nurse or Billy
I wish it were token based. It's such a short timer and forces you to do most of the time stupid plays if you want it's effect.
Leave a hooked survivor to get saved and put no pressure on the other remaining survivors all because you're on a time limit to get a generator regressed 20 seconds or less. Unless you come across a gen while the timer is still up you almost waste as much time as you gain.
I mean Huntress is the worst example of a killer to use PGtW on, and that being said it doesn't need to be perfect on all killers.
She's 110, hits from range which can lead to bigger distances from gens, has reloading to eat up time after hooks already. Really it's just not the perk for her.
Mmh. I'm suprised about the number of people which wanna a little pgtw buff. Well, I don't know how strong are the red rank survivor, but as a violet-green killer I don't think that it needs a buff.
20 % reduction with one hit is very strong I think. So it compensates the "bad habit" to cancel a chase (which isn'ta bad habit I think, because sometimes it is necessary to hold the map control) really well I think.
"I think" speaks for my uncertainty, because Im not a dbd pro player, I think.
The only time I use Pop is on Legion, and even then it's not stellar. 25% comes out to 20s off a gen. That's assuming the gen has any progress, and that only one survivor is going to work on that gen, and/or if at all. A small tweak so it's 10-15% for a minute I don't think would be too crazy. That's 8-12s off the gens if they're smacked. Atm regression doesn't do it just starts the generator regressing and can easily be stopped by just tapping m1 and continuing the chase.
Then again I kinda expected the usual, but glad other people see why Pop is a mediocre perk that could use some love. Nothing crazy, but some tweaks to make it a perk worth running would be nice. Also, if Pop was so good, and in such a great spot, why does no one run it?
I don't think PGTW needs higher % damage, but I do agree that it needs either an extended timer or a token system.