Suggestion to improve new Legion

*SIGH*

Few things:

  1. I absolutely HATED the old Legion. HATED HIM. I am very happy he is no longer a thing. Please never make that a thing again. TY devs, Sincerely, EVERYONE.
  2. I don't really play Legion, either before or now. However I am interested in playing him more now that he has been changed, mostly because I do like his character and he is fun to play.
  3. These suggestions are based more on my experience against the new Legion rather than playing as them. Despite that, most of these suggestions are actually buffs that I would like if I played the killer and wouldn't mind as survivor against the killer.

Moving on...

Here are some things I think should be changed about the new Legion to make them a bit stronger and/or more fun to play as/against.

  1. Increase vault speed to match Old Legion. All the other changes were good, but this was something I felt wasn't necessary. In the few games I played as Legion, the vault speed is just HORRENDOUS. If anything has to be a drawback for vaults, maybe have it reduce the power gauge slightly each time he vaults. That would be more reasonable.
  2. Frank's Mixtape - I HATED the old version, but now it just seems useless. I was watching a friend stream Legion games, he used FMT and tried to only down using Frenzy. IT. TOOK. FOREVER. Like yes, it was dumb before, I get that, but now it's just no reason to ever use it. You have to land like 3 Frenzy hits, which means waiting 20s for your power to come back. That is a whole MINUTE, it's literally pointless to use. I would suggest that FMT makes it so that missed attacks do not deplete the power gauge and that hitting a survivor with Frenzy that already has Deep Wounds will replenish the power gauge by 50% instead of depleting it completely. This would mean that you can spam Frenzy attacks and almost indefinitely chase someone with Frenzy as a means to use KI to find other survivors.
  3. Legion pins should work on injured survivors, not just survivors already in Deep Wounds. This gives him a reason to use Frenzy against an injured survivor as it will apply the status effect. Also, increase the duration of each pin's effect to like 90 seconds.
  4. Fuming Mixtape should have the added effect that you can see scratch marks during Frenzy, just to make it more viable.

If I play as Legion more I would probably have more to say, but right now I think the Legion needs a few buffs. As killer these suggestions would make him a bit better and more fun to play, and as survivor I don't see myself getting upset with the character like I would before because these are fair and reasonable changes.

Comments

  • I've been playing him a ton, so I guess I can give my opinion from the other side.

    1. Yes, agree with this. I understand why they would change this based on old Legion, but now that Frenzy has 0 function against injured survivors I really see no harm in returning this. The pallet vaults especially are brutal, I've had times where I literally can't catch up with a survivor around a loop because these vaults are so slow.
    2. Yeah this is a no-brainer. Like it's so bad that I almost feel like it serves as some inside joke about how toxic old Frank's Mixtape/Legion was lol. Should be made into something else entirely, like making normal attacks not deplete your power bar at all. Idk just something else.
    3. Pins are obviously terrible, but not just because it makes you awkwardly hit them whilst already in Deep Wound. The ones that inflict Mangled/Broken basically lead the survivor to play better against Legion by not healing (because it's not often very smart against Legion). Imo they should apply effects from just hitting survivors w/ Frenzy, but just last a much shorter duration.
    4. This thing serves no purpose at all. On Wraith it already sucks, but it makes like a bit of sense. On Legion it really is pointless. Your suggestion actually is really good for this one.

    As a side note, Stab Wounds Study is also completely pointless with how new Deep Wound works and should just be something else. Deep Wound is only to waste time now. It isn't a threat - yet this addon pretends that it is.

    Good post, I agree with it a lot :)

  • They need to rework Fuming mixtape completely. That gen tracking sh*t is pointless.

    This ultra-rare addon goddammit, why is it more useless then grey ones?

  • @JAWS_BDSM said:

    They need to rework Fuming mixtape completely. That gen tracking sh*t is pointless.

    This ultra-rare addon goddammit, why is it more useless then grey ones?

    Yea I honestly feel that the "see repair progress of gens" should be a baseline ability for all killers whenever a gen is completed.