Is gameplay recorded server side and reviewed before bans are carried out?
My nephew and I played a few games on the PS4 last night and woke up with a DbD ban. I'm not appealing the ban as I read under F.A.Q. and Rules/Game Rules and Report system temporary bans aren't appealable, but I also read
"Video evidence is required or heavily suggested for some offenses.."
which leads me to believe you don't save gameplay for 24 or 72 hours server side for review. I know from common sense there's nothing the both of us engaged in which was even remotely close to any kickable/bannable behavior, no rules or conduct listed on you forums were breached or any other I've seen since the institution of Punkbuster. I also read my EULA's and ToS which I know noone else does.
A killer immediately quit on us after we both finished a generator he was trying to keep us from, and I see disconnects are unsportsmanlike conduct, at least for survivors
"Disconnects (leaving the match before killed or sacrificed) - DO NOT REPORT"
So I'm fairly certain we both received a 24 hour ban because a killer, whose account hadn't thusfar abused the report feature, reported us. And after disconnecting.
Comments
Disconnecting wouldn't get you a temp ban, unless you did it allot.
There is a threshold you need to reach before you get temp banned.
People can record their ps4 gameplay and then submit that for review, after they've reported you in game.
I couldn't imagine what it could have been.. but it should tell you the reason once you start the game.
It says griefing, which I know I didn't do and didn't see my nephew doing either. The only person who had reason to be angry was the killer whos generator we finished right in front of him so he quit. We didn't even leave any survivors on hooks I never leave anyone behind.
That's usually how it is from people who were banned.
Banned for being toxic in the post-game chat? Say you were just using your free speech to tell the killer/survivors they played poorly.
Banned for exploiting? Say it's BHVR's fault for including them.
Banned for DCing? Claim it's acceptable.
Intentional game play abuse would be doing something that was exploitative in the game the Devs don't want you to do.. and the killer recorded it on you.
Or... you did something the Devs are watching in their data and you got nabbed.. like the 2 killer exploit is an example.
Basically either you are your nephew went onto youtube.. seen some sort of exploit that would be funny to do in a match and got caught for it.
Whatever it was that either of you two did, I wouldn't be doing it again... cause I'm surprised you only got a temp ban for doing an exploit the Devs don't want you to do.
That must be the reason, thank you. Anyone know if they record all matches for a set time?
Has nothing about them recording anything... People do need to submit a video on certain report.. which they need to do themselves. I think the PS4 records a certain amount of time of your games, but that is on the PS4 side.
However not all reports will require a video.
They store data about all matches though, and they can flag certain things in the data and then periodically check to see if anyone is violating those rules. But they don't record the games per say.. such as where everyone moves etc..