Disconnection Survey

Questions

Out of curiosity, I noticed a lot of people are posting about disconnections or "DCing" which has been a prevalent issue since the game was first created.

For this survey I ask two simple questions to anyone who wants to answer them in the straw polls below or in the comments of this post.

  • How many disconnections do you see in the span of 30 matches in a row?
  • How often do you see the same people/person disconnecting?

Straw Poll

If you're interested, you can answer the following questions in these two straw polls linked below.

Vote now: How many Disconnections do you see from 30 matches? - 0-10, 10 to 20, 20 to 30, 30 to 40, 40 to 50 or ... Whats your opinion?
Vote now: Not at all, Rarely, Sometimes, Often or All the time - Whats your opinion?

Important Notice

I ask that before answering these questions, you not name shame any people you may have seen DCing in your matches as a Survivor/Killer. This post is not intended to witch hunt select players you may dislike for doing this or to bring "justice" to them.

With that in mind I'm eager to see what people have to say, if you interested in leaving an opinion on the subject as well feel free.

Thanks,

See you in the fog.

Comments

  • Out of 30 matches I average probably close to 60 DC's.

    Can't really say it's the same people because that first assumes you are even getting the same people in your games which isn't quite the case.

    This would be when playing killer, as survivor it's probably closer to 45.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Out of 30 matches I average probably close to 60 DC's.

    Can't really say it's the same people because that first assumes you are even getting the same people in your games which isn't quite the case.

    60? Interesting, and yeah its rare to get the same Survivors twice even thrice in a row.

    But it can happen.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/487154#Comment_487154

    60? Interesting, and yeah its rare to get the same Survivors twice even thrice in a row.

    But it can happen.

    Since that was as a killer, a lot of it has to do with how good the killer is. If they go down fast, they DC fast. Note that I also don't camp or tunnel generally. 95% of these are DC'ing as soon as they go down for the first time and even before I can hook them once.

    It would also probably help your survey if you added a straw poll link from a website for people to click their numbers. A lot easier than making you do it manually. Plus you'll get more responses when people don't have to actually post.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/487158#Comment_487158

    Since that was as a killer, a lot of it has to do with how good the killer is. If they go down fast, they DC fast. Note that I also don't camp or tunnel generally. 95% of these are DC'ing as soon as they go down for the first time and even before I can hook them once.

    It would also probably help your survey if you added a straw poll link from a website for people to click their numbers. A lot easier than making you do it manually. Plus you'll get more responses when people don't have to actually post.

    @Blueberry Is a straw poll link even allowed since its an outside link to a different website?

    @Peanits I @ you cause I never see straw poll links in posts so I have zero clue if its allowed.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/487165#Comment_487165

    @Blueberry Is a straw poll link even allowed since its an outside link to a different website?

    @Peanits I @ you cause I never see straw poll links in posts so I have zero clue if its allowed.

    I just assumed it was allowed as I have seen multiple of them posted in the past. Hopefully Peanits will clarify for us.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/487165#Comment_487165

    @Blueberry Is a straw poll link even allowed since its an outside link to a different website?

    @Peanits I @ you cause I never see straw poll links in posts so I have zero clue if its allowed.

    They're allowed, as long as you're not asking for personal information or anything fishy.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/487182#Comment_487182

    They're allowed, as long as you're not asking for personal information or anything fishy.

    Sounds good, i'll add a poll in then to make this easier. Thank you Peanits.

    • 12.
    • I don't pay attention to that.
  • @Boss Interesting, you can also use the straw polls added above if you're interested.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    out of 60 matches. probably 60-74 disconnects

    most of them because after the first person disconnects. another one will most likely disconnect too. third one will 90% disconnect. and i'll be left alone in EGC.

    .

    there's a " toxic " (a.k.a. ochido wannabes) russian team i think. they're called " T_Six ". and you'll probably find them with " [T_Six] " before their name. for example " [T_Six] hex:teabag ". i've noticed them disconnecting a lot. especially when they're downed fast. and if i met one of them while playing swf with 2 of my buddies (3 man swf). i'll probably tell my friends to dodge that lobby. because i know it'll be a disconnect. if i saw them as a killer. i'll probably dodge the lobby. because i don't want a 3-man game. it's really boring

    So 60 matches, you average 60-74 disconnections.

    If we cut that in half to fit the question "How many disconnections do you see in 30 matches" i'd say you get 30 to 37ish for 30 matches in a row. That's literally one disconnection per match you're in, and i'm talking all in one sitting not periodic matches that accumulate DCing.

    To me that sounds like A LOT for one person, and it sounds really unfun.