Devs, the translations in Spanish of some perks ... are shameful.

With patch 2.7.1, the translations of some perks changed (The title)... their translations are funnier, I do not know if they did it on purpose.


@Peanits @not_Queen

Comments

  • What are they?

  • @Hoodied said:

    What are they?

    There are very funny perks ... I would not know how to describe the "title" translations

  • @Th3Nightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/486886#Comment_486886

    There are very funny perks ... I would not know how to describe the "title" translations

    Can you post the text here?

  • For example:

    No Mither (is the perk in English of David) in Spanish they call it "I do not care everything"

  • @Th3Nightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/486895#Comment_486895

    For example:

    No Mither (is the perk in English of David) in Spanish they call it "I do not care everything"

    I meant the Spanish text. Yo hablo Español.

  • Te voy a decir algunos ejemplos que se me han quedado xD

    Fuera rollos --> ME LA PELA

    Colorin colorado --> PIN PAN PUN

    Estridor --> Aliento

    Escalofriante --> Desasosiego

    Chungo --> FAJADOR

    Luz extinta --> LUZ QUE AGONIZA

  • @Th3Nightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/486895#Comment_486895

    For example:

    No Mither (is the perk in English of David) in Spanish they call it "I do not care everything"

    Slight laugh from that

  • @Th3Nightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/486913#Comment_486913

    Te voy a decir algunos ejemplos que se me han quedado xD

    Fuera rollos --> ME LA PELA

    Colorin colorado --> PIN PAN PUN

    Estridor --> Aliento

    Escalofriante --> Desasosiego

    Chungo --> FAJADOR

    Luz extinta --> LUZ QUE AGONIZA

    Dunno what the first one is.

    I assume the second one is Pop Goes The Weasel?

    The third is just dumb. Estridor is the correct translation.

    I'm not sure how you'd translate Spine Chill, but I guess the second option is acceptable.

    Dunno what this one is.

    And that's just wrong both ways. Sounds more like a survivor perk to boost flashlights.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/486925#Comment_486925

    Dunno what the first one is.

    I assume the second one is Pop Goes The Weasel?

    The third is just dumb. Estridor is the correct translation.

    I'm not sure how you'd translate Spine Chill, but I guess the second option is acceptable.

    Dunno what this one is.

    And that's just wrong both ways. Sounds more like a survivor perk to boost flashlights.

    The first translation seems to me .... absurd.

  • @Th3Nightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/486913#Comment_486913

    Te voy a decir algunos ejemplos que se me han quedado xD

    Fuera rollos --> ME LA PELA

    Colorin colorado --> PIN PAN PUN

    Estridor --> Aliento

    Escalofriante --> Desasosiego

    Chungo --> FAJADOR

    Luz extinta --> LUZ QUE AGONIZA


    I'm going to tell you some examples that I have stayed xD


    Out rolls -> ME LA PELA


    Colorin colorado -> PIN PAN PUN


    Stridor -> Breath


    Chilling -> Restlessness


    Chungo -> FAJADOR


    Extinct light -> LIGHT THAT AGONIZES



    Colorin colorado xD

    B R E A T H

    Chilling I think is wake up

    Extinct light might be Lightborn

    I have no idea what outrolls is

    Chungo sounds terrifying, like its dead meme counter part

  • It's definitely absurd, I just meant I don't even know what perk that's supposed to be.

  • Native Spanish and proficient English speaker here.

    --

    "No mither" changed from "Fuera rollos" to "ME LA PELA"

    "Fuera rollos" means without any problems (Hakuna Matata style) and "Me la pela" is "I don't care". Both are idioms and are only valid in Spain, and latinamerica speakers barely known what they actually mean.

    --

    "Pop goes the weezel" changed from "Colorin colorado" to "PIN PAN PUN"

    Colorín colorado was the exact same song "Pop goes the weezel" , that was a perfect translation if they wanted to keep the tragicomedy style of the perk name. Pin Pan Pun is ... a bad name basically. It's like saying "wham, bam, bun" in English.

    --

    "Stridor" changed from "Estridor" to "Aliento"

    Stridor literally means Estridor. Aliento (breath) simply does not reflect the perk idea.

    --

    "Spine Chill" changed from "Escalofriante" to "Desasosiego"

    Spine chill IS Escalofrío. It literally means that. Escalofriante was a really good name. Desasosiego is kinda misleading and is not a widely known word.

    --

    "Dead Hard" changed from "Chungo" to "FAJADOR"

    Chungo means something that is rotten or crappy. I'm thinking that maybe No mither and dead hard translation were switched from the beginning. The more you think about it, Chungo could be a description of the state of no mither. And it's, again, only a Spain idiom, latin amerincan speakers were "#########?!" (my actual reaction).

    I think the proper translation for this perk should be something like "sin inmutarse" that means undeterred or not flinch, and is more widely used among Spanish speakers.

    And "Fajador" is someone (often a boxer) that endures hits.... only in Spain, in Latin America is someone that beats someone.

    --

    "Dying Light" changed from "Luz extinta" to "LUZ QUE AGONIZA"

    Proper translation of Dying light is "Luz agonizante". Luz extinta is "extinguished light" (I really liked this translation, it's what happens when the perk is active).

    "Luz que agoniza" is Dimmed light, but it just not "sound" well, it's badly worded.


    My two cents.

    @Peanits @not_Queen

  • Native Spanish and Proficient English speaker here.

    "No mither" changed from "Fuera rollos" to "ME LA PELA".

    "Fuera rollos" means "without any problems" (Hakuna matata style) and "Me la pela" is "I don't care". Both are Spain specific idioms and latinamerican speakers do not often use them.

    --

    "Pop goes the weasel" changed from "Colorin colorado" to "PIN PAN PUN"

    "Colorin colorado" is "pop goes the weasel" song. It keeps the tragicomic nature of the perk name. "PIN PAN PUN" is ... a bad name. It's "bish-bash-bosh", a rushed action being completed.

    --

    "Stridor" changed from "Estridor" to "Aliento"

    "Stridor" is "Estridor", "Aliento" (Breath) does not quite reflects the perk idea.

    --

    "Spine Chill" changed from "Escalofriante" to "Desasosiego"

    "Spine Chill" is literally "Escalifrío". "Escalofriante" was a cool translation. "Desasosiego" is misleading.

    --

    "Dead Hard" changed from "Chungo "to "FAJADOR"

    "Chungo" is something rotten or crappy. Agian, only for Spanish speakers. Most latin american went like "######### is Chungo? (me included).

    "Fajador" is someone (a boxer) that endures hits... only for Spanish speakers. In latinamerica, it means someone that hits/beats someone else, often as a routine.

    The more I think about Dead Hard and No Mither, is that they have the perk translation switched from the beginning. It has more sens that Chungo was No Mither.

    "Dead Hard" is difficult to be translated, I'd personally go "Sin estremecerse" or something like that (without flinching).

    --

    "Dying light" changed from "Luz extinta" to "LUZ QUE AGONIZA"

    "Dying light" would be translated properly as "Luz Agonizante"

    "Luz extinta" is "Extinguished light". I liked this translation even more, because it reflects the perk effects after it's activation (a permanent debuff, an extinguished light). It's not permanent anymore, but anyways.

    "LUZ QUE AGONIZA" means something like Dimmed light, but is badly worded.


    My two cents.

  • Oh, I'm guessing "Escalofriante" could be "Distressing". I don't know how to check it out.

    "Desasosiego" is proper translation if that's the case.

  • Yeah I noticed that, For example sole survivor "Solo quedo yo" JAJAJ

  • They should just keep the name of the perk and translate what the perk does.

    FC298720-950E-4278-92A9-F93484EA9E85.png


  • @Iceman said:

    They should just keep the name of the perk and translate what the perk does.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/990/79XMEPKOSUGC.png

    I wish everyone did that for character names as well instead of trying to "translate" names.

  • Ok, if it weren't changed from Pop Goes the Weasel or a translation of it, a perk called pin-pan-pun or bish-bash-bosh would be hilarious.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    Ok, if it weren't changed from Pop Goes the Weasel or a translation of it, a perk called pin-pan-pun or bish-bash-bosh would be hilarious.

    Yeah I know xD

    What I meant is that it's a bad name for that specific perk.

  • Yes is true, but the best joke I saw was this one from the path notes :

    Screenshot_20190521_174847.jpg


  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/487277#Comment_487277

    I wish everyone did that for character names as well instead of trying to "translate" names.

    @Orion

    They translate the name of the character too 💀

    I don’t see the purpose of that.

  • @Iceman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/487279#Comment_487279

    @Orion

    They translate the name of the character too 💀

    I don’t see the purpose of that.

    Wait, did they translate the names too?

    Which are some of the Spanish names?

  • @Iceman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/487279#Comment_487279

    @Orion

    They translate the name of the character too 💀

    I don’t see the purpose of that.

    No, I mean in general. Movies and series have this annoying habit of "translating" names.

  • @SisterMidnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/487298#Comment_487298

    Wait, did they translate the names too?

    Which are some of the Spanish names?


    @Iceman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/487279#Comment_487279

    @Orion

    They translate the name of the character too 💀

    I don’t see the purpose of that.

    No, there arent new character names


  • @SisterMidnight said:

    Native Spanish and Proficient English speaker here.

    "No mither" changed from "Fuera rollos" to "ME LA PELA".

    "Fuera rollos" means "without any problems" (Hakuna matata style) and "Me la pela" is "I don't care". Both are Spain specific idioms and latinamerican speakers do not often use them.

    --

    "Pop goes the weasel" changed from "Colorin colorado" to "PIN PAN PUN"

    "Colorin colorado" is "pop goes the weasel" song. It keeps the tragicomic nature of the perk name. "PIN PAN PUN" is ... a bad name. It's "bish-bash-bosh", a rushed action being completed.

    --

    "Stridor" changed from "Estridor" to "Aliento"

    "Stridor" is "Estridor", "Aliento" (Breath) does not quite reflects the perk idea.

    --

    "Spine Chill" changed from "Escalofriante" to "Desasosiego"

    "Spine Chill" is literally "Escalifrío". "Escalofriante" was a cool translation. "Desasosiego" is misleading.

    --

    "Dead Hard" changed from "Chungo "to "FAJADOR"

    "Chungo" is something rotten or crappy. Agian, only for Spanish speakers. Most latin american went like "######### is Chungo? (me included).

    "Fajador" is someone (a boxer) that endures hits... only for Spanish speakers. In latinamerica, it means someone that hits/beats someone else, often as a routine.

    The more I think about Dead Hard and No Mither, is that they have the perk translation switched from the beginning. It has more sens that Chungo was No Mither.

    "Dead Hard" is difficult to be translated, I'd personally go "Sin estremecerse" or something like that (without flinching).

    --

    "Dying light" changed from "Luz extinta" to "LUZ QUE AGONIZA"

    "Dying light" would be translated properly as "Luz Agonizante"

    "Luz extinta" is "Extinguished light". I liked this translation even more, because it reflects the perk effects after it's activation (a permanent debuff, an extinguished light). It's not permanent anymore, but anyways.

    "LUZ QUE AGONIZA" means something like Dimmed light, but is badly worded.

    My two cents.

    I don't know, I do think the translation is much better as it is, (finally "cords" are "pantalones de pana" instead of "cordones" lol, and "asylum" is "psiquiátrico", yay!).

    "No mither", if i'm not mistaken, means "I don't give a #########" in British, very British English, I guess cause Dave is English and as such he has to speak like a walking cliché.

    "Pop goes the weasel" is a popular song usually related to Jack in the box toys, I don't know of anything that can be transferred into Spanish for this, so I really wouldn't know how to name this one. "Colorín, colorado" means "the end" in storybooks for children, and "pim, pam, pum" is an onomatopoeia for pretty much anything. None of them seem to be related to Pop goes the weasel, but what would?

    "Stridor" is probably the weakest one, "Aliento" means "breath" or "breathing", which even though it fits the perk description, I would probably go with "Jadeos" (gasping) or something like that instead. Still, I don't really see much a problem either with "aliento" when it's what the Nurse (or whichever killer is using it) will hear. Sometimes translating something doesn´t mean translating verbatim, we have Google translator for that, and the results are usually pretty poor.

    "Spine chill" is not something "Escalofriante" (dreadful). It's an abrupt feeling of unease, as in a bad feeling about something, something YOU feel. And I think "Desasosiego" describes that feeling so much better.

    Something "Chungo" is something cheap, crappy. Somebody "Chungo" is an evil, shady person, and "si te da un chungo" you faint and lose conscience. There was no relation whatsoever with "Dead Hard", which means "tough as nails" ("dead" means "very", once again mainly British, as in "you're dead right" or "that's dead easy"). Fajador comes from boxing/wrestling eviroments, but its meaning has transcended into anyone that can take a beating, someone who still stands when they should be down, so I think it pinpoints the meaning here.

    "Dying light" is not a "luz extinta" because it's not extinguished, but fading. It's not total darkness, there is still a dim light that is weaker every minute. "Luz que agoniza" means literally "fading/dying light", so again an improvement here.

    So yeah, I know some of us have been playing the game for years now, we got used to the names given back in the day and changes are always something we instinctly reject head on, but all in all I think the translation has improved A LOT (beyond perk names too, some descriptions and item names were just lol before) and I for one thank devs for trying to improve their product also in the Spanish department.