Dedicated servers better have strict DC punishment! (Rant)

Today i have played a total of 11 games and every single one of them, survivors dc because they are losing or im outplaying them, not because im camping or tunneling (im not) just because im better then them. My last game they where overly altruistic and all ended up dead before one gen was done but because they are either children or spoiled entitled adults all of them dced. This DC epidemic is getting serious out of controll. i Can't play a single game without one or two or three or all of them dcing. And its not because of the killer i play, i play all of them. And all of them people dc against. And its not because their game chrashed, because i can hear the: they left sound and its always in such convienient times, first one getting downed, hit trough a pallet, just before i get my bbq stack etc. When i play survivor i NEVER dc, i never suicide unless it is to give the last guy the hatch. I can't fathom why SOOO many people are such shitheads and ruining this game. When a survivor dc's the people it effects worse is their fellow teammates wich again might be in dc mode because of those that dced. Also these are the same people that run to the hook before i leave and leave messages on my profile that im camping, or simply because they are getting outplayed leaving stupid messages like -rep tunneler, -rep learn to play etc. I now leave all of those messages on my steam profile as thropies because i know for each one of those i outplayed someone so hard they couldn't handle it and lost their #########.

Sorry for the rant but this has been boiling inside of me all day :P

Comments

  • Dedicated servers should not really matter much for punishing disconnects. The devs claim to have a system in place that automatically bans anyone who disconnects in more than a certain percentage of games. From that we can conclude:

    • the devs can detect disconnects
    • the devs can ban people who disconnect too frequently

    I find it very weird that they specifically mentioned that dedicated servers will give them greater control because I can see no way dedicated servers will allow them to do something that they couldn't do with the current system

  • Today i have played a total of 11 games and every single one of them, survivors dc because they are losing or im outplaying them, not because im camping or tunneling (im not) just because im better then them.

    I know they will be able to change how they implement punishments for DC with the new dedicated servers but I'm not sure how soon we will see results as this issue has ballooned to epic proportions.

  • This game is not like rainbow 6 and cant just hand out bans left and right dont forget that :P

    First they need to fix hitboxes and other stuff punishemnt should be quite low on the fix list tbh

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/64035/dedicated-servers-better-have-strict-dc-punishment-rant

    I know they will be able to change how they implement punishments for DC with the new dedicated servers but I'm not sure how soon we will see results as this issue has ballooned to epic proportions.

    I hope they put in place like small soft punishments for every single dc like 5 minutes until you can play again and then maybe 10 then 20 and so on.

  • Today i have played a total of 11 games and every single one of them, survivors dc because they are losing or im outplaying them, not because im camping or tunneling (im not) just because im better then them.

    @Karltastisk For someone like me who has bad connection and low internet speeds because of where I live, I only really care for the connections being fixed from this.

    As people like me have this issue but want a fair and fun match. Sometimes however, because of this connection lag can cause issues but not all the time.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/64035/dedicated-servers-better-have-strict-dc-punishment-rant

    I know they will be able to change how they implement punishments for DC with the new dedicated servers but I'm not sure how soon we will see results as this issue has ballooned to epic proportions.

    But what can they change from the current system? There's not really anything stricter than a ban that could be implemented. And lower punishments seem very counterproductive so that seems unlikely too

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/64035/dedicated-servers-better-have-strict-dc-punishment-rant

    @Karltastisk For someone like me who has bad connection and low internet speeds because of where I live, I only really care for the connections being fixed from this.

    As people like me have this issue but want a fair and fun match. Sometimes however, because of this connection lag can cause issues but not all the time.

    If anything dedicated servers will make your issues a lot worse unless you live directly next to a data center, and even then your connection could still die. Dedicated servers won't fix garbage internet

  • @Karltastisk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/484338#Comment_484338

    I hope they put in place like small soft punishments for every single dc like 5 minutes until you can play again and then maybe 10 then 20 and so on.

    They should already be able to do that even without dedicated servers

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/64035/dedicated-servers-better-have-strict-dc-punishment-rant

    @Karltastisk For someone like me who has bad connection and low internet speeds because of where I live, I only really care for the connections being fixed from this.

    As people like me have this issue but want a fair and fun match. Sometimes however, because of this connection lag can cause issues but not all the time.

    Actually with dedicated servers they will be able to discern the difference (to an extent) between internet issue DC and intentional. I say to an extent because this can also get abused somewhat easily, but will help provide a "buffer" should they implement punishments based on X amount of DCs.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/484347#Comment_484347

    Actually with dedicated servers they will be able to discern the difference (to an extent) between internet issue DC and intentional. I say to an extent because this can also get abused somewhat easily, but will help provide a "buffer" should they implement punishments based on X amount of DCs.

    They can already detect when someone presses the "Leave Game" button

    They will not be able to tell the difference between a crash (probably, I don't know how the "Send a crash report window" is generated, maybe it's detectable), someone killing the game with the task manager or someone pulling the plug / someone's internet dying

    Dedicated servers don't matter for that

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/484347#Comment_484347

    Actually with dedicated servers they will be able to discern the difference (to an extent) between internet issue DC and intentional. I say to an extent because this can also get abused somewhat easily, but will help provide a "buffer" should they implement punishments based on X amount of DCs.

    I thought it also helped with connection issues?

  • Killers also DC for various, stupid reasons.

    Dont make it a one-sided problem.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Killers also DC for various, stupid reasons.

    Dont make it a one-sided problem.

    That may be true, but myself who play killer 60% of the time and the other 40 % survivor rarely get a disconnecting killer but as killer there is a 90% rate in my matches that atleast 1 survivor dc's so it is after my statistics mostly survivors who does the dcing.

  • @Karltastisk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/484439#Comment_484439

    That may be true, but myself who play killer 60% of the time and the other 40 % survivor rarely get a disconnecting killer but as killer there is a 90% rate in my matches that atleast 1 survivor dc's so it is after my statistics mostly survivors who does the dcing.

    Well, there are 4 Survivors, but only 1 Killer. And there are more Survivors who dont DC than those who DC. But overall it is just logical that Survivors DC more, because there are more of them.

    Lately I had quite a bunch of Killer DCs, most of them when the Map loaded. Nurse on the game? I DC. Thank you, got 10k BPs out of it because of my Escape Cake... Really nice..

    And dont let me start with that guy who DCed because he ######### up with a 3 Blink Nurse and does not want to derank (I want to get to Rank 1)...With the Bug that the Match counts as cancelled. You play a full match and instead of just getting your BPs in the end normally, the match counts as cancelled. Noice.


    It also happens on the Killer-Side. Killers are not the good guys who never DC.