Just as the rank system was "balanced", can not the gens be balanced the more you raise the rank?

I think that generators are a problem since the game came out, same mechanics, that many will seem "fun" after 3 years, only holding the M1 .... and get more than 2.5k to repair a generator. .. Simply with this you are encouraging the survivors to repair (I understand ... it is the only objective and they must do it to escape) but why so many points?

Since the ranking system was "balanced" ... why devs do not do something for the generators, that the goal is more difficult to escape from the game?

The killers like the survivors want to have fun in the games that last at least 10-15 minutes average, but none, absolutely no game lasts more than 5-8 mins in high ranges (1-5), except for some games , there should be a balance as there has been with the ranking system. It is my opinion.

And I think this part should be balanced for a MORE FAIR game.

Comments

  • If a game mechanic itself is changed based on rank, survivors are just gonna derank intentionally to keep the easier mechanics so unfortunately ideas like this can never work

  • @ClogWench said:

    If a game mechanic itself is changed based on rank, survivors are just gonna derank intentionally to keep the easier mechanics so unfortunately ideas like this can never work

    While I agree about it making deranking worse, I'd say that is more an issue with deranking/rank rewards being an issue that needs to be fixed and not a reason for his idea not to work.

  • @ClogWench said:

    If a game mechanic itself is changed based on rank, survivors are just gonna derank intentionally to keep the easier mechanics so unfortunately ideas like this can never work

    Killers already de-rank intentionally so I why not.

  • I think that generators are a problem since the game came out, same mechanics, that many will seem "fun" after 3 years, only holding the M1 ....

    Odd that you claim hardly any games last longer than 5-8 minutes in high rank, yet the AVERAGE game length for all ranks 1-5 is above 11 minutes.

  • I don't think gen time is so much a mechanic thing as it is a killer balance thing. It's not so much an issue for Nurse/Billy/Spirit/Hag.