Are there plans to buff/change the weaker perks?

So I’m talking about the useless perks that nobody really uses. A couple examples would be:

Vigil

Wake up

Sole Survivor - I think this is useless compared to the newer perks, just run distortion.

OoO - Let’s be real, the only reason people run this perk is to bully killers as SWF lol.

Stake out - Rewards you for being bad at the game and not being able to hit great skill checks.

Detectives Hunch - I don’t even remember what this perk completely does, something about totems and having a map, but I never see anyone run it.

Technician

Windows of Opportunity

Boil Over

Honestly I could name so many, but the list would go on and on. I feel like they were on track when they changed Prove Thyself and Leader targeting the more weaker perks. But now we’ve gone back to releasing even more OP perks (MoM) and changing the already OP perks (BT, DS)

Comments

  • Well considering that almost every single patch they buff weaker perks, I feel I can definitively answer your question. Yes. They will buff weaker perks. Which perks and how they buff them is anyone's guess though.

  • I guess he just means at a faster rate. At least 75% of the games perks are just really bad. I also wonder though if the issue is that they are too weak or are those top "meta" perks just too strong and make the other ones look weak by comparison. Maybe instead of buffing the weaker ones we just need to nerf the highest ones? Just a thought.

    Either way A LOT of perks need changes and at a much faster rate than they have been.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I guess he just means at a faster rate. At least 75% of the games perks are just really bad. I also wonder though if the issue is that they are too weak or are those top "meta" perks just too strong and make the other ones look weak by comparison. Maybe instead of buffing the weaker ones we just need to nerf the highest ones? Just a thought.

    Either way A LOT of perks need changes and at a much faster rate than they have been.

    You know what is sad? I just realized your name was due to the Spirit profile pic. It took me this long to realize that and when I did, I lost my mind XD

  • @AStupidMonkeyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/483788#Comment_483788

    You know what is sad? I just realized your name was due to the Spirit profile pic. It took me this long to realize that and when I did, I lost my mind XD

    Actually blueberry was just because i was eating blueberries when I had to create a profile and it tasted like a good idea lol. Your story sounds better though for sure haha

  • Stake Out does not help you for being bad. It takes the most effect the better you are at landing greats. Not to mention that landing every single skillcheck is impossible, even for the most veteran players. Its perfectly powerful how it currently is.

  • I've been thinking the same thing recently and I posted a discussion on the topic of having one or two secondary perk slots for weaker perks, in addition to the usual four.

    I also recently bought Detective's Hunch from the Shrine. It's quite useful at tier two or three.

    When completing a Generator, the Auras of Generators , Chests and Totems within 32/48/64 metres are revealed to you for 5 seconds. If you are holding a Map that can track Objectives, Generators revealed by Detective's Hunch are added to the Map.

    It has genuinely helped me find my next objective. It's not a silver bullet against ruin, as you have to complete a generator for it to activate. This is were I believe it needs a buff - it should activate when anyone completes a generator - that's only a maximum of five activations. It would get more use then.

    I found that it added nearby chests and totems to a map, after I completed a generator, which I thought was cool. It's great when you use a crystal bead with it, which is a purple add-on:

    Every Survivor sees the Aura generated by the map when the owner activates it.

  • Survivor perks are bad because if devs make a good surv perk you´'ll see lot of killers here complaining about them. They want us perks like deja vu, slippery meat, the new MoM or similar.