Admission to the "Free Work Experiment."
I come home after a long days work and see news on the new content push notification. At first I admit that I just clicked away because I'm upset as a survivor and Hex: Ruin the game has destroyed my motivation to play at all. However, I noticed the word vanilla in the title and decided to reread with vim and vigor. "Maybe the developers have sensed our urgency? Maybe they want to D-Do a p-pretty good job so far." I thought to myself that maybe this was my time to shine. I have as currently observed 603 hours of played game time with NO hours AFK. I have been playing this game since the initial set of killers and survivors and will continue to (reluctantly) play this game.
I thought to myself that this would be my shining moment. Maybe for once, I could give my analysis on the game and make a genuine impact. As excited as I was, I proceed to try and sign up for the "free work experiment" and get blasted by the fact that..... I can't use my current steam ID because it's a custom name I've had for years and the enrollment is limited to 17 digit steam ID's.... Which that's great I suppose.
So, I have since then removed my long held original steam ID and have submitted to the "Free work experiment." However, I press submit on the last page for this event and I am greeted with nothing.... Not a simple notification saying my application has been submitted,.... not a single thing to tell me that the time I have wasted to do free work for a company "Which at this point I am sadly disappointed with," Has meant anything at all. I'm sadly disappointed with how hard it was to provide free work for this game.
Not only have I continued to play this game through thick and thin but, I have drawn my friends into playing it as well. With the hopes that the developers will continue to do a "good job so far."
Either way, how am I supposed to feel about this game right now? How exactly am I supposed to do free work for "your" development team? The same team that said "Hey, we have a killer that has stealth. Let's make a killer that has better stealth than he does."
If you are interested, I have a resume but, I'm not sure I would submit it either way.... Considering the experience I just had with your free work experiment.
Sincerely,
Mepwm
Comments
What is the free work experiment?
I'm at work, what's this about?
@SpaceCoconut Devs are doing a No Swf/no perks/no anything experiment.
Just base characters
Sign ups are until the 20th and it happens on the 25th. People who participate properly get a reward.
Oooooh I work that day... I hope I'll still be able to participate. I'd like to rep hag :)
Thanks for the tip!
@SpaceCoconut It'll be pretty limited anyway Coconut.
500 people and the devs will tell you your role in the experiment it seems unless i am misunderstanding.
Here is another thread with a screenshot.
What is the reason for testing this?
@rogginho3 For data thats it.
The devs will likely use it for either balance purposes or they are considering a no perk/add-on/offering mode.
You get to choose which side you'd like to represent in the survey form.
Bump
@LitheAlert You seem new so I want you to be aware that the Community Guidelines for these forums has a rule for bumping "dead posts"
Just letting you know so you don't get in trouble for it in the future.
Also @LitheAlert The poll for this experiment is closed as of May 20th, and anyone who signed up will be messaged via email if they were selected out of the 500 positions.
They will email whoever signed up on May 22nd.