I get why they answered the question regarding the RBT "RNG" the way they did, but I feel like there's still a way to augment the consistency of it without having to fundamentally rework the whole system. It could be as simple as changing it so that instead of applying a key ID to each box when the trap is put on, it applies the ID after the Survivor searches their first box (thereby making the first box always a fail).
Also, I feel like their response with regards to Plague's playstyle potential isn't likely to be terribly satisfactory among Plague players. I mean, what other playstyle is there to Plague beyond concentrated vomiting and quick bursts to let them eventually have to use a fountain (if they do)? As far as I'm aware, the only other thing to really do is vomit on things Survivors interact with and letting that take its toll, but I think even with the best add-ons for that, it is not effective.
I get why they answered the question regarding the RBT "RNG" the way they did, but I feel like there's still a way to augment the consistency of it without having to fundamentally rework the whole system. It could be as simple as changing it so that instead of applying a key ID to each box when the trap is put on, it applies the ID after the Survivor searches their first box (thereby making the first box always a fail).
Also, I feel like their response with regards to Plague's playstyle potential isn't likely to be terribly satisfactory among Plague players. I mean, what other playstyle is there to Plague beyond concentrated vomiting and quick bursts to let them eventually have to use a fountain (if they do)? As far as I'm aware, the only other thing to really do is vomit on things Survivors interact with and letting that take its toll, but I think even with the best add-ons for that, it is not effective.
Regarding your proposed Pig change, it'd feel frustrating to waste time doing something you knew would not benefit you by design.
I agree wholeheartedly with your comments on the Plague, however. Why isn't it OK to have a killer who benefits from preparing ahead?
i spent 1 hour just for you my dude. hope you accept it
a hotfix coming in the next week i think .
enduring: it'll only effect pallet stuns. reduced pallet stuns by 50%. (from 35%)
they talked about the basement hitboxes thing.
they said that whenever 2 characters get close to each other. their collusion shrinks and becomes smaller to prevent hold hostage situations.
.
QA:
first question was about reworking pin add-ons.
answer: it's not a big surprise if there was a changes to these add-ons. removing the requirements to these add-ons. so once you won't need to hit them again while they're in deep wound
second question was about legion's vaulting speeds.
answer: not sure if they're gonna actually change the speeds. (they're reviewing the speed of the vaulting to make it smooth and fit with the movement speed)
third question was about the fully losing feral frenzy's charge when missing
i didn't understand the answer that much. someone can explain it. or just watch it.
forth question was about the RBT timer during end-game
answer: there's nothing to announce about it. but they know.
fifth question was about the RBT's less RNG dependent
answer: there's no dice-roll when you're trying to remove the RBT at a jigsaw box. when they're created. every RBT puts a key in one of the boxes in the beginning of the match. so there's a key for every RBT. and a jigsaw box can have multiple keys.
the way it works is that once you fills the bar. it checks if this jigsaw box have the key for the RBT on your head. so if they were to reduce the RNG they'll remove the current system and actually saying " okay well we'll give you an increasing chance as you open the boxes. " but i don't expect us to do it anytime soon. so there's no current plans on changing it
.
not_queen: let's jump on some misk questions.
first question: the sound of survivor footsteps are impossible to hear even with headsets
answer: they did address it in dev update.
second question: when do you plan to give solo players infos to be equal to swf
answer: it's more like what we'll be doing. we're not sure exactly when this will come. we've seen some suggestions about totem counter if whether it's in small game or directly in the UI we're still looking into it.
third question about the plague's current position and her movement speed while holding purge
answer was it's that the correct way to play during the ptb was to charge your purge and hold it and you'll get no downside. you'll already have a charge and won't waste any time charging your purge and easily hitting him. they saw this very clear. and actually really not what they wanted. they wanted way more potential for interesting play when they need to charge the vomit. and they don't see it at a nerf. they see it as a balance. and they really liked their change. and also they're looking at them right now and make sure she's fun to play
forth question was about exhaustion cooldowns and their perks
answer: they'll be staying as they are. they're in a good place. (no current plans(
fifth question was about QoL changes to head on
answer: right now. head on does not work when you have crows above your head. it was on purpose. and there's a zone in front of a locker where the killer has to be WITH IN while you activate head on . and when you jump out you stun. and the hitbox is only active for the moment you activate the perk. and we're testing some stuff out in their brain. one of the idea is every time they do a rush action instead of them having to be within the conditions. whenever you jump out of a locker fast. you'll perform head on. however. there's no dates. but we're looking at the perk.
that's for questions.
and they showed some in-development footage of the plague (behind the scenes) and they shared it.
about freddy. all what they can say right now is soon
they talked about daily missions. they said they're not in their final form. and they'll be looking at them.
they talked about MoM. not that important. the only important thing is that the survivor may be able to get stacks from unhooks.
@Heroiq Thanks for telling me but GRRR!!! It's the SECOND time they ignored that question of mine, and the third time they ignored my questions. With none of my being answered. Do they think my questions don't matter!?
Regarding your proposed Pig change, it'd feel frustrating to waste time doing something you knew would not benefit you by design.
I agree wholeheartedly with your comments on the Plague, however. Why isn't it OK to have a killer who benefits from preparing ahead?
@Orion I don't think it's that. Since Hag and Trapper benefit from preparing ahead, I doubt it's that. It's probably because It's not difficult and takes no skill to hold the Vile purge. And on top of that, she's slightly taller. I can totally understand why they nerfed her.
@Heroiq thanks. Because obviously, this is a very serious question.
Sorry 'bout that. We actually had questions we didn't get to answer because we ran out of time. Hopefully we'll get the chance to answer that some day.
Regarding your proposed Pig change, it'd feel frustrating to waste time doing something you knew would not benefit you by design.
I agree wholeheartedly with your comments on the Plague, however. Why isn't it OK to have a killer who benefits from preparing ahead?
Understandable, but I can guarantee it feels far better to search a box knowing that you WILL have to search another, as opposed to a Pig who has 4 charges of a power designed as a stalling method, and having 1/4 or more of those charges buy less than 30 seconds.
You get a trap on, you string someone up, you think "ok, I JUST took a bit of a hold on the momentum of this game, I can progress where there AREN'T at least 3 survivors on a gen" and before you can even down someone your power just got negated.
If her power had infinite charges (not really suggesting that just theoretical) then fine, but having 25% of your power do basically nothing is crippling, especially now that not only can the hatch negate another 25% for free, but if your stalling power does ######### all due to random chance, then the rest of it can be removed entirely now because they don't function once gens are done, which get done because everyone's back on gens cos the trap came off fast.
Having to search minimum 2 boxes would not be the end of the world.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I get why they answered the question regarding the RBT "RNG" the way they did, but I feel like there's still a way to augment the consistency of it without having to fundamentally rework the whole system. It could be as simple as changing it so that instead of applying a key ID to each box when the trap is put on, it applies the ID after the Survivor searches their first box (thereby making the first box always a fail).
Also, I feel like their response with regards to Plague's playstyle potential isn't likely to be terribly satisfactory among Plague players. I mean, what other playstyle is there to Plague beyond concentrated vomiting and quick bursts to let them eventually have to use a fountain (if they do)? As far as I'm aware, the only other thing to really do is vomit on things Survivors interact with and letting that take its toll, but I think even with the best add-ons for that, it is not effective.
Regarding your proposed Pig change, it'd feel frustrating to waste time doing something you knew would not benefit you by design.
I agree wholeheartedly with your comments on the Plague, however. Why isn't it OK to have a killer who benefits from preparing ahead?
Did they at all mention where the Survivor Bone's breaking sound came from (Ya know, when the entity snaps their bones)?
Jesus Christ, thank you.
<3
@Heroiq Thanks for telling me but GRRR!!! It's the SECOND time they ignored that question of mine, and the third time they ignored my questions. With none of my being answered. Do they think my questions don't matter!?
@Orion I don't think it's that. Since Hag and Trapper benefit from preparing ahead, I doubt it's that. It's probably because It's not difficult and takes no skill to hold the Vile purge. And on top of that, she's slightly taller. I can totally understand why they nerfed her.
She still needs buffs though
@Heroiq thanks. Because obviously, this is a very serious question.
Sorry 'bout that. We actually had questions we didn't get to answer because we ran out of time. Hopefully we'll get the chance to answer that some day.
@Peanits thanks.
@Heroiq Thanks, but the best part I read from that is Daily missions and Head on change
Understandable, but I can guarantee it feels far better to search a box knowing that you WILL have to search another, as opposed to a Pig who has 4 charges of a power designed as a stalling method, and having 1/4 or more of those charges buy less than 30 seconds.
You get a trap on, you string someone up, you think "ok, I JUST took a bit of a hold on the momentum of this game, I can progress where there AREN'T at least 3 survivors on a gen" and before you can even down someone your power just got negated.
If her power had infinite charges (not really suggesting that just theoretical) then fine, but having 25% of your power do basically nothing is crippling, especially now that not only can the hatch negate another 25% for free, but if your stalling power does ######### all due to random chance, then the rest of it can be removed entirely now because they don't function once gens are done, which get done because everyone's back on gens cos the trap came off fast.
Having to search minimum 2 boxes would not be the end of the world.