Massive List of Killer Perk Changes

These are many changes to killer perks that I believe would make them much more viable than they currently are. Note that this does NOT mean survivor perks do not need changes. There are many, many survivor perks that desperately need changes as well. This will simply be a separate post coming later for those and this one will be for the killer perks. I will also be editing this post as we go. In light of that, if you disagree with certain perks please include you reasoning as to why so that we can discuss. Thanks and let's keep this civil.

@Peanits @not_Queen @Patricia

I am basing these changes on playing both sides at rank 1 on every reset with 3k+ hours of play time.


For starters, let's look at all the TR perks like Coulrophobia for example but there are many others as well.

The issue with these TR perks is that you don't reliably keep survivors in your TR long enough for it to matter. Like only an idiot is gonna sit there and heal through Coulrophobia and it only takes a second to step out.

What those perks need is the exact same treatment that the survivor radius perks received. They need to persist for like 15 seconds after leaving the killers TR. This change would make them much more reliable and improve their consistency which is what they are lacking.

Infectious Fright - needs to show auras, not just a location ping. A ping isn't worth much in almost all scenarios. Essentially a lot of perks need to be made less situational or VERY strong when those situations do arise. Most the situational perks we have are just OKAY when they work which shouldn't be the case if they are indeed that situational.

Dark Devotion - needs to last at least 10 seconds longer and shouldn't even have a cooldown. It only works on obsession hits and you are giving up all you pressure by letting the obsession go to HOPE you happen to find someone else. Even with these changes it still wouldn't be ran that much but at least then it might fit into a few builds.

Hex: Lullaby - The perk will work similar to Hex: Haunted Ground in that it's a trap perk. One totem will be lit at the start of the round for Hex: Lullaby but the perk will not activate unless the totem is cleansed. Upon being cleansed the perk will now be permanently active for the rest of the round and will start gaining tokens on each hook. Note that hooks prior to it being activated do not count. Starts at 1 token upon activation.

Blood Warden - Now that we have the EGC this should block the exit gate switches instead of the gate itself. It should also refresh in its duration by 30 seconds for any additional hooks. Since this is before the gates are powered the EGC timer wouldn't have started yet so the survivors aren't on the clock. This is another one of those HIGHLY situation perks that is currently just OKAY when it even happens to work. This change is to make it actually very strong when it does work while keeping it quite situational.

Hex: The Third Seal - On top of its current affect, also make it hide ALL progress bars and item charges remaining. This would include things like gen progress bars, healing, totem cleanse, mending, snap out of it, how many charges are left on medkits and toolboxes etc etc. So for an example they may be able to tell how close the gen is to finishing based on its sounds and visuals, but just not actually see the bar itself.

Iron Maiden - should show aura, not location ping for 4 seconds and Exposed for 60 seconds. As soon as they get in a locker even 1 time they are never using them again after they see the debuff, much less the rarity that people actually use lockers to even begin with. This makes the perk highly situational and very easily countered which means it should be extremely strong when it does activate.

Mad Grit - should 1 hit down while carrying a survivor. This perk is currently highly situational and extremely minimal payoff. Not to mention as soon as you down even 1 survivor with this they are never doing it again that game which makes it still weaker than a lot of other perks we currently have so this should be fine.

Pop Goes The Weasel - Just remove the timer

Lightborn - along with its current effect should blind the survivor if they hit you with it well enough that it would've blinded a killer not using Lightborn. Makes it kind of a surprise throw back at them.

Spies from the Shadows - effect should be map wide. Its current radius isn't worth using over any other finding perks.

Beast of Prey - Get rid of the whole gimmicky bloodlust effect. After being in a chase for 10 seconds your red stain is invisible until you leave chase. The red stain removal will persist for 5 seconds after ending a chase and restarting a chase during that 5 second window will refresh it. This is to counter the buggy end chase/start chase we can have happen during looping. The time before activation may need to be a little longer but you get the idea.

Shadowborn - is currently just overshadowed by MnA. I''d like to add an effect that makes it slightly quiet your killer sounds. This includes the killer breathing, footsteps and just idle sounds many of them make. Just slightly to make you better at mind games.

Thanataphobia - needs to include dead, sacrificed and dc'd survivors. Larger numbers as well, but not affect healing.

Corrupt Intervention - looks good on paper but doesn't pan out how it looks. Good survivors just wait out the duration without doing anything and essentially just delay the games start by 2 minutes. The new effect would be 10%/15%/20% repair penalty for the first 2 minutes of the trial and while blocking the furthest progressed generator for 60 seconds, upon hooking a survivor.

Fire Up - simply needs its numbers increased.

Stridor - used to be great but has never quite got back to where it used to be after the games sound changes. Increase its effectiveness to how it used to be.

Predator - should also make walking and running footsteps slightly louder.

Overwhelming Presence - along with the TR perk changes I mentioned at the beginning of this post it should also make survivor items within the killers TR just passively and slowly lose charges even when not being used. Note this will be MUCH slower than the high charge loss given whille using the item in the killers TR.

Unnerving Presence - needs its increased skill check chance increased.

Hex: Haunted Ground - just needs the second lit totem to not be deactivated after the first one gets broken. This makes cleansing totems a little more dangerous. Just 1 charge where you can't control when or even if its broken is a little too situational. This will just give it 2 charges to be activated, IF the survivors even choose to do so.

Monstrous Shrine - Remove its current effect as it's even sometimes a negative. Make it so hooking someone in the basement causes 3 random gens to become blocked off for 30 seconds by the entity and begin regressing as if they'd been kicked. The auras of the blocked gens will be shown to the killer for the duration.

Remember Me - needs to have each hit on the obsession increase gate opening time by 8 seconds up to a maximum of 32 increased seconds. This is a highly situational perk that very rarely pays off and should be very strong when it does come into play. You are giving up an entire perk slot already all game AND you have to actually happen to hit your obsession multiple times. Note that this will not take affect during EGC when there is only 1 survivor left alive.

NOED - A highly controversial perk. First things first, I do not think this perk is OP at all as it is very easily countered. My point in changing it is because I think it's unhealthy for the game and rewards killers not for playing good but rewards them just because the survivors got lazy. I want it to reward skilled play. My change is that if the gates are powered and not all totems were cleansed that 3 random gens will reactivate. Basically making the survivors do just 1 more gen. This gives the killer more time to make SKILLED plays but yet not just free downs. Will only trigger if 3 or more survivors are still alive when the gates are powered.

Tinkerer - Make it activate at 75% and last 20 seconds.

Territorial Imperative - Remove the cooldown and make it reduce the killers TR to 0 for 20 seconds.

Hangman's Trick - Instead of a notification ping make it show auras of survivors that are sabo'ing hooks,sabo'ing bear traps, disarming traps and opening chests.

Hex:Thrill of the Hunt - Don't make it a hex perk. Just keep the effect of it weakening for the more totems you cleanse. This will encourage survivors to cleanse other totems first if the killer is guarding his Hex.

Dying Light - I'd like this to debuff the survivors for 60 seconds after the obsession is taken off the hook. Note that if the obsession is put back on the hook before the 60 debuff has finished, it will end the debuff immediately. This makes it a more reliable slow down perk, while promoting "fun" game play.

Brutal Strength - Kicked gens will regress 50% faster

Unrelenting - Along with maintaining the reduced cooldown on missed hits, it would also heavily reduce the move speed penalty during recovery for missed AND landed hits ( The survivor would still be getting the speed boost ). This is to essentially just lesson the distance gained by the survivor after missing or landing a hit.

Comments

  • Do you have any suggestions for PWYF? I have an idea but I wanna hear your suggestion first! :)

  • @NMCKE said:

    Do you have any suggestions for PWYF? I have an idea but I wanna hear your suggestion first! :)

    Tbh that's one of the few I'm not too sure on. I thought about keeping it very similar to how it is now except awarding 2 tokens every time you let your obsession go. Each hit against one of the other 3 survivors costs 1 token and as long as you have at least 1 token you will have the 5% increased speed. Currently the cost of needing to find your obsession and choose to let him go is highly situational and costs more than the value you're gaining even when it does happen. We either need it less situational or stronger when that situation does arise.

    What's your idea?

  • @legion_main said:

    no thanks

    Would you mind specifying why?

  • @Blueberry

    Because a lot of these are already fine as is sure I saw a couple I thought were fine but you kinda overdid it with some of these perks

  • @legion_main said:

    @Blueberry

    Because a lot of these are already fine as is sure I saw a couple I thought were fine but you kinda overdid it with some of these perks

    Most of those perks see little to no play at high ranks because they are not viable.

    Which perks do you think I overdid? I could see still tweaking some.

  • Im not gonna list all of them but like

    NOED: is way to strong as survivors basically have to get 6 generators done instead of 5

    Huntress Lullaby: having it activate as a perk that NEVER goes away is super strong especially against someone like 3 gen doc

    Thrill of the hunt: Too strong for high mobility killers such as spirit,nurse, or hillbilly

    Spies from the shadow: you would just be able to see pretty much everyone at all times probably making it a meta perk

    Like i said im not gonna list all of them but you should think about how each perk would effect each killer not just one or two of them

  • @MandyTalk can you close this plz?

  • @Tru3Lemon said:

    @MandyTalk can you close this plz?

    And why would it need to be closed? Someone new posted and I responded to them.

  • @Blueberry instead of map wide I would make it terror radius wide for spies from the shadows

  • @legion_main said:

    Im not gonna list all of them but like

    NOED: is way to strong as survivors basically have to get 6 generators done instead of 5

    Huntress Lullaby: having it activate as a perk that NEVER goes away is super strong especially against someone like 3 gen doc

    Thrill of the hunt: Too strong for high mobility killers such as spirit,nurse, or hillbilly

    Spies from the shadow: you would just be able to see pretty much everyone at all times probably making it a meta perk

    Like i said im not gonna list all of them but you should think about how each perk would effect each killer not just one or two of them

    "NOED: is way to strong as survivors basically have to get 6 generators done instead of 5"

    Well currently with 5 gens the killers don't have nearly enough time for their objective so is 6 IF they choose not to cleanse totems really that bad?

    "Huntress Lullaby: having it activate as a perk that NEVER goes away is super strong especially against someone like 3 gen doc"

    It ONLY activates if the survivors choose to destroy the totem. It may activate very late in the game or not even at all. Even if it does activate AND happens to get to max tokens, are those skillchecks really that hard to hit? Most people wouldn't say so, even on Doctor. Also, Doctor is quite low tier anyway, he could probably use a buff.

    "Thrill of the hunt: Too strong for high mobility killers such as spirit,nurse, or hillbilly"

    If they are guarding their totem they aren't watching the gens, even on a high mobility killer.

    "Spies from the shadow: you would just be able to see pretty much everyone at all times probably making it a meta perk"

    Choosing not to run through crows is quite easy. Not to mention the person could even run Calm Spirit to counter this entirely.

    "Like i said im not gonna list all of them but you should think about how each perk would effect each killer not just one or two of them"

    I feel like I have. Most the exception killers you listed wouldn't be too abusive with these changes to be an issue.

  • @legion_main said:

    @Blueberry instead of map wide I would make it terror radius wide for spies from the shadows

    Have you read the perks current description? It's ALREADY larger than the killers TR and is complete garbage, ran by no one.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/486863#Comment_486863

    And why would it need to be closed? Someone new posted and I responded to them.

    cuz you spam bump alot so that youre post can be in the first place so ppl look at it spamming youreself on youre own post its just bad

  • @Tru3Lemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/486878#Comment_486878

    cuz you spam bump alot so that youre post can be in the first place so ppl look at it spamming youreself on youre own post its just bad

    Please link where I have a "bump" on my page.

    There are zero bumps left on my page and my discussion is completely following the Community Guidelines.

  • yes it would be bad because what if the three random gens that activate is a three gen the killer can guard? then the survivors would almost certainly be screwed

    you can force people to activate the hex by running ruin or devour hope with it still making it really strong

    they would only need to guard the totem anyways if that totem is ruin so it would basically just buff already strong killers

    the problem is no one knows what perks the killer has so even if survivors became cautious around this perk it would just promote boring immersive gameplay

    A lot of these perks can be left alone because they can hold their own as is (not necessarily the ones I mentioned) but if anything try to focus on perks that actually need buffs

  • @legion_main said:

    yes it would be bad because what if the three random gens that activate is a three gen the killer can guard? then the survivors would almost certainly be screwed

    you can force people to activate the hex by running ruin or devour hope with it still making it really strong

    they would only need to guard the totem anyways if that totem is ruin so it would basically just buff already strong killers

    the problem is no one knows what perks the killer has so even if survivors became cautious around this perk it would just promote boring immersive gameplay

    A lot of these perks can be left alone because they can hold their own as is (not necessarily the ones I mentioned) but if anything try to focus on perks that actually need buffs

    "yes it would be bad because what if the three random gens that activate is a three gen the killer can guard? then the survivors would almost certainly be screwed"

    I disagree, 3 gen strats can be handled and keep in mind this is also because the survivors CHOSE not to do totems. It's entirely up to them.

    "you can force people to activate the hex by running ruin or devour hope with it still making it really strong"

    And so what if they do? Even at max stacks it is easily manageable. I can work through a 5 token Lullaby way easier than a Ruin and people work through Ruin on a regularly basis including myself. Those skill checks are not hard to hit.

    "they would only need to guard the totem anyways if that totem is ruin so it would basically just buff already strong killers"

    What are you talking about? Only low ranks are running around trying to cleanse Ruin anyway. Smart survivors don't even try to cleanse it, they just work through it quite easily.

    "the problem is no one knows what perks the killer has so even if survivors became cautious around this perk it would just promote boring immersive gameplay"

    I think you're vastly overestimating how powerful a location ping is. It's not worth much. I also don't think immersive game play is boring. I would say circling pallets for 5 gens is boring. Like I already said as well, just run Calm Spirit and his perk is worthless now as well.

    "A lot of these perks can be left alone because they can hold their own as is (not necessarily the ones I mentioned) but if anything try to focus on perks that actually need buffs"

    Most of these perks need buffs. Hardly any of these can stand on their own, they are quite weak. If they were strong people would be using them, they aren't.

  • Here's my PWYF suggestion: Thoughts?

    Screenshot_20190521-124034_Chrome.jpg


  • I stand by what I said

    alot of people I know use lullaby and say its really strong and I use it myself sometimes and I can agree (im in red ranks btw)

    but we all have our own opinions on things so Im not gonna argue further

  • @NMCKE said:

    Here's my PWYF suggestion: Thoughts?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/169/NNL5J2Y7HP08.jpg

    So in a roundabout way similar to what I was mentioning? Except the obsession is also sharing in this haste affect and your percentage is much higher. Only thing that worries me here though is that the haste % might be a tad high and lasting too long. I only say that because it doesn't have much counter play for the survivors. At the 12% and even 8% you would be zooming lol. I usually think it's healthier when the counter play is changing your playstyle or using different perks from the survivor. This doesn't really have any of those. Any ideas for some small counter play you could add to it? Nothing big. Or maybe even just lower the %.

    That said, I wouldn't completely count it out yet. It would be worthy of a PTB test. The average killer perk power level across the board is below par so even though this seems higher the average bar does need to be higher so it's worth a check out.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/486967#Comment_486967

    So in a roundabout way similar to what I was mentioning? Except the obsession is also sharing in this haste affect and your percentage is much higher. Only thing that worries me here though is that the haste % might be a tad high and lasting too long. I only say that because it doesn't have much counter play for the survivors. At the 12% and even 8% you would be zooming lol. I usually think it's healthier when the counter play is changing your playstyle or using different perks from the survivor. This doesn't really have any of those. Any ideas for some small counter play you could add to it? Nothing big. Or maybe even just lower the %.

    That said, I wouldn't completely count it out yet. It would be worthy of a PTB test. The average killer perk power level across the board is below par so even though this seems higher the average bar does need to be higher so it's worth a check out.

    I honestly think this is fine where it's at because there is already counter play. The Obsession just needs to keep themselves hidden and if not, just don't get hit so the killer doesn't get their PWYF. Furthermore, the speed difference on the Obsession remains the same, while other survivors have a larger speed difference. So after you attack the Obsession, it's a good idea to just ignore them since you will get more value from chasing non Obsessions.


    Edit: However, I wouldn't mind if the Obsession had blue perk icon showing them that they are affected by PWYF. This will let them know to hide and avoid the killer.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/487013#Comment_487013

    I honestly think this is fine where it's at because there is already counter play. The Obsession just needs to keep themselves hidden and if not, just don't get hit so the killer doesn't get their PWYF. Furthermore, the speed difference on the Obsession remains the same, while other survivors have a larger speed difference. So after you attack the Obsession, it's a good idea to just ignore them since you will get more value from chasing non Obsessions.

    Well that's counter play from the obsession but nothing in the control of the other survivors. They are left helpless to hope their obsession teammate isn't stupid. We'd have to see though in the PTB, the numbers might be just fine. This is one of the few perks I just wasn't sure what to do with.

    I'd like to post my one for survivors but I don't feel this one reached the devs so it feels like it might just be a waste of time.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/487050#Comment_487050

    Well that's counter play from the obsession but nothing in the control of the other survivors. They are left helpless to hope their obsession teammate isn't stupid. We'd have to see though in the PTB, the numbers might be just fine. This is one of the few perks I just wasn't sure what to do with.

    I'd like to post my one for survivors but I don't feel this one reached the devs so it feels like it might just be a waste of time.

    I mean yeah sure, but if the Obsession is experienced, they could use the perk against the killer. For example, if the Obsession gets hit and the killer leaves, the Obsession can repair a generator without interference. If the killer chases the Obsession, then the other survivors aren't being threatened by the increased movement as well.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/487054#Comment_487054

    I mean yeah sure, but if the Obsession is experienced, they could use the perk against the killer. For example, if the Obsession gets hit and the killer leaves, the Obsession can repair a generator without interference. If the killer chases the Obsession, then the other survivors aren't being threatened by the increased movement as well.

    Maybe add a little caveat as well then that if the obsession is hooked all haste is lost for both of them?

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/487070#Comment_487070

    Maybe add a little caveat as well then that if the obsession is hooked all haste is lost for both of them?

    Hm, what if you lost haste from PWYF over time? It's okay, if you don't like the idea, but I don't like the hook idea either because then PWYF will be STBFL where you have to ignore the Obsession.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/487079#Comment_487079

    Hm, what if you lost haste from PWYF over time? It's okay, if you don't like the idea, but I don't like the hook idea either because then PWYF will be STBFL where you have to ignore the Obsession.

    No I actually do like your idea. We'd need to test it in the PTB.

    I'd like to think of something better for NOED as well since people still don't seem to like the idea I listed but I'm not sure what else to do with it. Ideas?

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/487174#Comment_487174

    No I actually do like your idea. We'd need to test it in the PTB.

    I'd like to think of something better for NOED as well since people still don't seem to like the idea I listed but I'm not sure what else to do with it. Ideas?

    @Blueberry

    NOED is a special case because if your teammates are lazy, you can get punished when you try to take one for the team. I do have an idea, but I need to hear your opinion!


    Hex (No One Escapes Death):

    You're fueled by the power of determination si much that it calls upon the Entity. For every totem remaining in the trial:

    • The collapse timer is reduced by 8/10/12 seconds.
    • Gain a 1% movement speed increase.
1 2 3 ›