I just had the most eye opening game as Legion

I play Legion in the standard way of go around and hit people with frenzy and if anybody else is nearby, break off and try to tag them as well. Usually this works out rather well and is the main reason why survivors try not to stick together as Legion. Well, I just ran into the first team that didn't give a crap about splitting up against Legion and I was blown away by how effective their strategy was.

They generally had a group of 3 people working on one gen and it was rather easy to deep wounds them all. Then the 4th was in range of the killer instinct. Close enough to where it made sense to try to chase her, but far enough to where it would be an actual chase and not a quick tag. By the time I got the 4th one tagged, all the other 3 had finished mending each other. And during the chase to get the 2nd hit on the 4th, the other 3 had already healed each other and were back on the gen. They managed to pull this off 3 times before I realized what was happening.

I've always looked at Legion's power as a true threat to being grouped together. But after watching what happens when survivors just unite and say "screw your threat", it's just mind blowing how easily it was neutralized.

Comments

  • What they did can still be considered unoptimized. Splitting up and reparing separate gens is the fastest way to pound out gens. They wasted a lot of time healling eachother when you clearly would hit them with frenzy later.

  • Idk if I'd call that a strategy lol. The mend effect is pretty pointless. By the time Legion tags the second survivor I've usually already finished mending myself.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Idk if I'd call that a strategy lol. The mend effect is pretty pointless. By the time Legion tags the second survivor I've usually already finished mending myself.

    It's not so much that they mended. I expect all survivors I tag to finish mending while I'm in a chase with a different one. It's the fact that they all 3 mended, all 3 healed to full health through Sloppy Butcher, and then got so much work done on a gen during the chase to get a down that after I spotted them with BBQ after hooking Claudette, they finished it by the time I was half way over to them.

    I'm so used to having other survivors I tagged to still be injured by the time I get a down. The fact that it never happened once that game was just so unlike every single game I've played as Legion since the rework that I had to say something about it.

  • It did it's purpose, the three had to mend and then took time to heal up taking them off that gen and making the progress of it slower.

    Now imagine doing that same scenario with someone like the trapper or Wraith, you would hit and chase one of them, more than likely the other two would be on the gen again quickly and at full health finishing it while the forth would be on a gen further away.

    Overall not a great strategy by them.

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/477523#Comment_477523

    It's not so much that they mended. I expect all survivors I tag to finish mending while I'm in a chase with a different one. It's the fact that they all 3 mended, all 3 healed to full health through Sloppy Butcher, and then got so much work done on a gen during the chase to get a down that after I spotted them with BBQ after hooking Claudette, they finished it by the time I was half way over to them.

    I'm so used to having other survivors I tagged to still be injured by the time I get a down. The fact that it never happened once that game was just so unlike every single game I've played as Legion since the rework that I had to say something about it.

    Well most skilled survivors aren't healing after that Mend. I don't. There's enough pallets and time wasting loops to get us through 5 gens, especially if we aren't wasting time with heals. Not to mention we got the killler only running 3 perks since he used a slot on Sloppy for nothing.