Should stealth reliant killers be ignored by spine chill and premonition?
Personally I think the pig and wraiths stealth abilities are completely undone by survivors knowing exactly where they are with these detection perks. Do you think killer stealth should be given a look at?
Comments
I like that Myers while on Evil Within I is immune to detection perks, which makes him completely a stealth killer. I've been using Permonition for the long time and always could avoid Wraith or Pig, as I hid earlier. I think it is a problem for Pig and Wraith, but Premonition or Spine Chill are rather a counter against them.
If they’re nerfed I’ll gladly pick up d-strike and sprint burst! Yeah you don’t want to nerf these....
I don't think it's a necessary change as of now since these perks aren't run that much, but if I had to change it, I would make it so that it doesn't detect them while they're using their stealth abilities, such as when the Wraith is invisible or when the Pig is crouched.
I know, which is why I said I wouldn't change them. I was just stating the nerfs I'd make if I had to at all. In fact, I really like these perks because they encourage a stealthy playstyle, which not enough perks do, in my opinion.
Yeah the problem with chases as they are now is not to encourage extending the chase, but losing the killer. More perks like Kate's Dance With Me make it easier to slip away, not just make it to another area where you can throw pallets and run in circles. No one wants to run around in circles.
Detection perks are fine and I run Dark Sense on my Claudette and no I don't use DS, SB or Adrenaline. I prefer a more stealthy style and since killers have BBQ, Whispers etc it's an even playing field. They may tell you when looking the killers direction but they don't tell you where they're coming from or which direction they're heading.
Detection perks are fine as they are I think. It's up to the Killer to work their way around them, much like Survivors have to work their way around Killer detection perks. If you see that a Survivor is always a step or two ahead of you, that means they are probably running something to give them an edge. Time to moonwalk and/or look in other directions when creeping up on them.
-Object of Obsession’s usefulness changes based on the killer (Freddy/EW1 Myers are immune, Hillbilly/Nurse use it against you, everyone else it can be good against if you’re talking to other survivors).
-Small game is useful against Hag and Trapper or Hex Builds but fairly useless (and just annoying) when there is no Hex or it isn’t Hag/Trapper.
-Dead Hard isn’t as strong against killers that can instantly down someone.
-Resilience/Tenacity are better against killers doing a slug game but useless if the killer always picks you up right away.
I could go on but point is these two perks being much more useful against stealth killers than normal killers is par for the course.
Do people really use Premonition and Spine Chill? There are much better perks out there, feels like a wasted perk slot.
Spine Chill would be useless. Part of what makes it useful is countering stealth tactics. For example, say the killer decides to camp. Well any other killer has to run Insidious or it would be totally obvious they are there. Also the fact you can flat out see them gives them away. Wraith and Pig though can do this without fear of being found out (Pig less so because she can actually be seen, but I digress). With Spine Chill I can creep up behind a hook and see if the killer is watching. If it just stays lit, and it's a Wraith or a Pig, I know they are just sitting there waiting. Premonition is in the same category. I used to use it but now I run SC all the time because it's so incredibly useful to know when the killer is looking in your direction.
Spine chill and Premonition exists for a reason.
And it's not like I see any survivors use it that much.
No, they shouldn't ignore stealth reliant killers!
Cloaked wraith whole power is trumped by spine chill. Its a little unfair against a wraith but I'm ok with others. Cloaked Wraith should not trigger spine chill in my opinion. I don't think I can change my opinion on that either. Everyone's entitled to their say.
"Spine Chill and Premonition needs to be nerfed"
said no one ever.
With all of the aura reading perks coming out soon, what we really need are perks that block aura reading.
(It didn't help. One of the four guys skipped the match and then the two others kept getting downed whilst unhooking one another. Spine Chill was only going off due to nearby chases but even then it wasn't really aiding me in any way.
The entire point of the perks is to give you a warning to hide. You can still find the survivor, they just have a bonus 3 seconds to react to normal killers, and the ability at all to react to stealth killers. Even then false negatives happen. The perks are not that strong, besides premonition is on cooldown, and spine chill can literally be moonwalked away, just like the stain (I’ve done this before)
I know, but that’s just a mini counter if it was OP. It isn’t. It serves its purpose very well, other perks should be about their strength. Sprint burst is literally terminal 8 brain cancer.
In my opinion Spine Chill shouldn't work against Wraith if he's cloaked and Pig if she is using ambush but that's the only thing I'd change between all the perks mostly for consistency purposes with Myers EW1. For Wraith it wouldn't change much because you can still clearly see when he's coming from a distance although for The Pig it would be a modest difference.
Not sure if Freddy should be changed at all regarding the perks though. Also my opinion isn't based on are these perks too strong but more so the balance of the killers. Even if Spine Chill was adjusted based on stealth killers it would still be a decent perk. No comment on premonition though as I don't use it.
Between the two perks though Spine Chill is a passive while premonition you have to rotate your camera. Main thing about premonition is there is room for error on pinpointing the location of the killer if you don't immediately see them and you're just panning your camera to try and activate it. With Spine Chill the only thing you need to do is glance at your icon and know you are in the killer FOV. That's mostly the reason I'd adjust Spine Chill over Premonition.
The entire point is to help warn you of stealth killers. If the killers are bad, just buff them.
It's a cool idea and makes sense for that to be an added feature, although those perks aren't used enough for behaviour to warent look at that anytime soon.