Pig ambush is not a normal attack

So why can SprintBoost counter it?

And why get MoM a stack for it?

So the ambush doesnt work correct and the RBT dont work correct.

The RBT are only luck and they dont work in the endgame.

So you need luck as Killer or the RBT dont slow the game down.

And Pig has only 2 useful addons.

PS: The ambush attack only work in short loops.


Then I said:"Ok the pig abilities doesnt work good, then I will play my other main killer".

But you know what?

I cant play Spirit, because the sound bugs.

I dont want play Nurse, but the game force me too it.

Comments

  • So why can SprintBoost counter it? And why get MoM a stack for it? So the ambush doesnt work correct and the RBT dont work correct.

    Uhh, mom does not get stack when the pig use the ambush attack, and why can't one perk counter something :)?

  • @Arroz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/62894/pig-ambush-is-not-a-normal-attack

    Uhh, mom does not get stack when the pig use the ambush attack, and why can't one perk counter something :)?

    I played 2 games only ambush pig, because I want test the ambush bloodpoints.

    And MoM activated 3/3 times in this matches.

  • I don't know of the top of my head if Save The Best For Last works with the ambush attack but you could run that, in theory

    The problem is more that there aren't good killer perks that benefit from hitting survivors

  • It does not add a stack to MoM, last I checked. I've had a few games where I was able to keep MoM from activating by using Ambush when I was able to to keep them from getting the full 3 tokens.

  • @Madjura said:

    I don't know of the top of my head if Save The Best For Last works with the ambush attack but you could run that, in theory

    The problem is more that there aren't good killer perks that benefit from hitting survivors

    STBFL does work and doesnt work with the ambush attack.

    You get stacks, but it doesnt reduce the attack cooldown, after you hit someone.

  • @TAG

    I only used the ambush, but still MoM gets activated.

    Thats rly weird.

    Maybe a bug?

  • @TAG said:

    It does not add a stack to MoM, last I checked. I've had a few games where I was able to keep MoM from activating by using Ambush when I was able to to keep them from getting the full 3 tokens.

    What were the add-ons? Maybe one of the add-ons causes the ambush attack to bug out and not be considered as a regular attack anymore

  • Devs know the killers kits need work.... pig, LF, Freddy, Doc, Trapper still, wraith still (his addons are perfect imo) legion, the plague (a few small adjustments) ... all need adjusting to better their capabilities in trials

  • @Arroz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/62894/pig-ambush-is-not-a-normal-attack

    Uhh, mom does not get stack when the pig use the ambush attack, and why can't one perk counter something :)?

    It should, it never used too but they did talk about patching all the M1 killers it never used to work on as it was a bug and not intended.

    The nurse blinking and hitting for example is the same in theory as the pig smbushing and hitting.

    I think those who think MoM isn't that bad don't realise the way killers have to play to get pips, you will always hit someone 3 times to get your three hooks with an M1 killer.

    It's a very frustrating perk to verse and does need a change, hopefully soon they will have enough data to do something as it's actually worse than the old DS for the majority of killers right now as the one condition it has to proc is just normal gameplay.

    I would say it should have the same condition with an unhook as with the new DS and it has the same timer applied, this way it's an actual anti tunnel perk and if you use MoM it also removes the DS ability as only one free escape perk is allowed per game.

    This way the killers can control it's use much like the new DS.

    To combat MoM being better in that way make a way for slugging a DS user to be less viable, the player can sacrifice DS use for an instant regen on the ground to be picked up.

    As for the RBT with the It's post, they were never destined to actually kill and as you said slow the game down, the problem is the renegade as for killers it seems they get it off first try and survivor a it's always the last box, I suppose we normally only remember the worst case scenario when it comes to it's use.

    I would love it to be less rng but then that goes against the wanna play a game that is saw.

    Fix some of her add-ons and make her ambush better as right now it's so easy to avoid, make her crouch state normal speed if not in a chase as ambush is her major power so why slow her down when stalking around the map.

    The whole aspect of the pig is to ambush, chase and down, trap, hook and hunt another, so make her ambush stronger, to compensate add a little pig grunt every so often, non directional so survivors do have some outlplay to ambush but it's more of a where is she scenario.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/472108#Comment_472108

    What were the add-ons? Maybe one of the add-ons causes the ambush attack to bug out and not be considered as a regular attack anymore

    Most likely Last Will + Bag of Gears, as I was burning through them a bit to save up on some of the purple add-ons. I don't use add-ons that affect the Ambush.

  • @ShyN3ko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/472038#Comment_472038

    I played 2 games only ambush pig, because I want test the ambush bloodpoints.

    And MoM activated 3/3 times in this matches.

    Weird, i just try a kyf with my friend and didn't get any stack

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/472038#Comment_472038

    It should, it never used too but they did talk about patching all the M1 killers it never used to work on as it was a bug and not intended.

    The nurse blinking and hitting for example is the same in theory as the pig smbushing and hitting.

    I think those who think MoM isn't that bad don't realise the way killers have to play to get pips, you will always hit someone 3 times to get your three hooks with an M1 killer.

    It's a very frustrating perk to verse and does need a change, hopefully soon they will have enough data to do something as it's actually worse than the old DS for the majority of killers right now as the one condition it has to proc is just normal gameplay.

    I would say it should have the same condition with an unhook as with the new DS and it has the same timer applied, this way it's an actual anti tunnel perk and if you use MoM it also removes the DS ability as only one free escape perk is allowed per game.

    This way the killers can control it's use much like the new DS.

    To combat MoM being better in that way make a way for slugging a DS user to be less viable, the player can sacrifice DS use for an instant regen on the ground to be picked up.

    As for the RBT with the It's post, they were never destined to actually kill and as you said slow the game down, the problem is the renegade as for killers it seems they get it off first try and survivor a it's always the last box, I suppose we normally only remember the worst case scenario when it comes to it's use.

    I would love it to be less rng but then that goes against the wanna play a game that is saw.

    Fix some of her add-ons and make her ambush better as right now it's so easy to avoid, make her crouch state normal speed if not in a chase as ambush is her major power so why slow her down when stalking around the map.

    The whole aspect of the pig is to ambush, chase and down, trap, hook and hunt another, so make her ambush stronger, to compensate add a little pig grunt every so often, non directional so survivors do have some outlplay to ambush but it's more of a where is she scenario.

    MoM is frustating, yes just like when tyou get hit trough pallet, windows, huntress hitbox, the killer tunnel you, use a mori, prayer beads or he has noed..

  • @Arroz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/472047#Comment_472047

    Weird, i just try a kyf with my friend and didn't get any stack

    In my experience,

    Wraith surprise attack give MoM stacks.

    Pig Ambush attack give MoM stacks.

    Maybe we need a Dev, how the perk should work with this killer abilities.

    @Arroz

    PS: MoM is frustrating like other things.

    Thats true.

    But Now see the killer side.

    They waited 2 years for a DS rework.

    Then we finally get the DS rework.

    1 week later, killers must deal with MoM.

    And MoM has the same problems like the old DS.

    Killer players just feel ripped off.

  • @ShyN3ko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/472174#Comment_472174

    In my experience,

    Wraith surprise attack give MoM stacks.

    Pig Ambush attack give MoM stacks.

    Maybe we need a Dev, how the perk should work with this killer abilities.

    Far as I can tell, Wraith attacks giving stacks is intended because the attack itself isn't actually any different than normal, whereas the Pig ambush does not function like a normal attack.

    Attacks that I would imagine don't give stacks to MoM are Grabs, Bear Traps, Chainsaws (both Hillbilly and Leatherface), Hatchets, Ambush attacks, Feral Frenzy attacks, and Corrupted Purge.

  • @ShyN3ko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/472174#Comment_472174

    In my experience,

    Wraith surprise attack give MoM stacks.

    Pig Ambush attack give MoM stacks.

    Maybe we need a Dev, how the perk should work with this killer abilities.

    I think wraith surprise attack should give stack because that's the basic attack..

    but the pig ambush should not give any stack, is not the basic attack! it's a ambush attack..

    but well, when I play killer im fine with MoM I dont see any problem with it but well..

  • So why can SprintBoost counter it? And why get MoM a stack for it? So the ambush doesnt work correct and the RBT dont work correct.

    MoM also works against Corrupt Purge.

  • @Arroz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/472129#Comment_472129

    MoM is frustating, yes just like when tyou get hit trough pallet, windows, huntress hitbox, the killer tunnel you, use a mori, prayer beads or he has noed..

    Most of what you say comes down to lag, they are looking at the Huntress they tried a change but hatchets ended up going through survivors so it was reverted.

    Mori well there is keys and Insta heals, many unbalanced things on both sides which should be looked at imo.

    My MoM idea was to make it an anti tunnel perk instead of it being frustrating so I don't know why you brought that into the fold.

  • @ShyN3ko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/472038#Comment_472038

    I played 2 games only ambush pig, because I want test the ambush bloodpoints.

    And MoM activated 3/3 times in this matches.

    mom does not stack while you ambush someone unless its activated