How does swinging help with Decisive Strike?
I don't use DS as a survivor, but I have seen a lot of killers swing as they pick up an obsessed survivor. My question is that does it help the killers in any way?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's an exploit. If timed properly, it cancels the DS activation. It works because the killer's attack miss animation takes priority over dropping a survivor.
Think of it as the same as hitting DS the same time you're being spirited away onto the hook, or hitting DS during a pick/drop up animation while they're dribbling you.
Even though DS won't activate, it will still go on its permanent CD.
A killer might try swinging/hitting an object in hopes of throwing off your timing in hitting the skillcheck.
I have tried it a few times and it never works. From what i understand it requires alot of luck and impeccable timing but it can't hurt to try if dribbling is not an option.
Yeah, it's definitely very, very hard. It has never worked against me (but I don't use DS often to begin with). I've only seen it work on streams.
IMO, the only plus side swing cancelling has over dribbling is that it's much harder to anticipate when a killer will do it. It's easy to time your DS and counterplay dribbling.
As people above already said, it might be a try to use an exploit, bu i personaly do it for saying "Go, use your DS"
I've seen someone doing it once but he did say it was pure luck and that it is not consistent.
If the DS hits the exact frame you finish the swing animation, DS gets eaten. Its pure luck as you dont know when the skillcheck will appear. It worked once for me, but man, does it feel good to see that DS icon. The survivor DC'ed