Generator change? What you think?
So, I've seen a few different ideas on Gens - to make them longer to fix etc etc but I've had this idea which would need a slight rework in the back office of BHVR im sure.
So you find a generator in the field, it's there blinking at you. You sit along side it and start repairing the right hand side of the generator, your quarter of the way through, then the front end of the generator starts flashing and a skill check comes up, you stay on the side of the generator but it doesn't repair. On the offchance you move to the front of the generator where it is flashing and repair that part, then a skill check BAM the back starts flashing etc etc
Basically what i'm saying is why not change the generators so you have to fix different parts of it instead of just sit still wait and click occasionally. at least It would encourage the survivor to focus a bit more on the gen, be a tad less camera watching and pre occupied for Michael to walk up and stab them in the face.
Single gen would have 4 repairable sections - maybe as well as skillchecks you have a 3 second timer to get to the right part of the gen or it blows again. ? I dunno ...just an idea
Comments
Wont happen because you dont always repair generators alone.
I know man, bastards stopping me getting Iri lightbringer shakes fist
It is an interesting idea to also add more to the generator aside from hold button. If they can find a way to slow the gens down or at least make ruin a perk that isn't destroyed so damn fast I do feel that would alleviate a lot of stress time puts on a killer. They could also perhaps remove ranking altogether since it matter not in finding a match and that would also stop people from raging so much when they don't get a pip. The fact that this game isn't being balanced on a "competitive" level makes me wonder why we need a ranking system. And I'm all for a more casual game if that's their desired direction.
some very interesting points there. I just don't like the whole "slow gens down" make it slower to repair like in a hold the button down for longer thing, Id like to see things where Survivors need to do a bit more. How about (sorry to steal this from F13) - cans of fuel dotted about the map, do you carry the fuel to the generator and put down your toolbox? oh no what shall I dooooooooooo lol
Thanks Russ for your honest and clear assessment of my post
change it to 4% and you'll have a full scale riot on your hands man - Salty lips will be off the charts
on a serious note - I think that's a good idea lol
It would and If i'm playing survivor id be like "yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss" - although if that happens you would n't be able to get any points for it. Because you haven't done anything
another thought. since i am trying to give the survivors something.. let's give the killer something. so was thinking.. and my car makes more noise when starting up then the noise levels drop a bit while it runs.. increase the noise for the attempted startup a bit..
That's a good idea like a few seconds of BRRRR BRRRBR RBRBRBRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR then it purrs as you fix It lol
What if they added a "checklist" of sorts. Something along the lines of fix 3 of 5 generators find the fuse for the exit gate fuse boxes (2 hidden in the map one for each exit) maybe even add finding the gas for the 3 generators too like it was mentioned in one of the above posts. Just adding a "find the hidden piece" could add some time to the game and gives survivors a few different objectives towards their goal of escaping.
also most generators have atleast 1 side of it blocked and some have 3
I really like the idea of having a few alternative objectives, I mean they already started it with the PIG traps and that works really well I think. I like the idea of forcing the survivors to move around the map, if it was like "get fuel" and there was a fuel can of sorts then i'd also make it so the killer didn't know where it was but maybe a perk would highlight it for survivors
Aye work would have to be done to stop that from happening so I can see why that wouldn't necessarily work, like I said would take a lot to implement it.