Spirit shadownerfed?

As most of you know, Spirit has this new sound whenever she uses Yamayoka's Haunting (glass shattering). While I've seen some discussions where users claim it has been confirmed as a bug, I have never seen the actual confirmation from BHVR that this is a bug. There is also no trace of Spirit's bug in the upcoming patch, not even mentioned in the "Known Bugs"-section.

As the sound is eniterly new and just so happens to address Spirit's strongest feature, I'm wondering if this is a shadownerf that has been buried under a pile of other nerfs. In addition, it doesn't seem to align with other known audio related bugs introduced with the recent chapters.

Can a dev please confirm that the new Spirit sound is a bug?

Comments

  • As most of you know, Spirit has this new sound whenever she uses Yamayoka's Haunting (glass shattering).

    It has been confirmed by a dev. Searching for it isn't that difficult.

  • @dococtober As stated in the post, I have not found it. Link please.

  • I'll go ahead and link the threads that does NOT confirm it's a bug.

    Spirit has some major audio bugs, like when she phases through windows. Her power also depletes all the way when she gets pallet stunned.
    What is it? People are freaking out about a Spirit nerf and I want to know what has happened to my WAH girl.
    Lovely! I hope you and the team are aware and will make the needed changes by the mid chapter patch or earlier than that.
    whenever you get stunned, you lose your power bar, it is not into the patch notes, it has to be a bug, please devs fix this, PLEASE
    Since the new update The Spirit has a few issues, which need to be fixed When she enters the phasing, she makes a cracking sound, that the survivor can hear When she vaults a window, she makes a cracking sound, that the survivor can hear When she gets stunned by a pallet/wiggled free/Deceive Strike hit, her Phase-Meter resets Please fix these issues asap.
    Devs please: When are you going to fix sound bugs affecting killers, such as:
    Not only is her spirit "world" brighter and more annoying to see #########, you LITERATLLY CAN'T HEAR INJURED OR RUNNING SURVIVORS!


  • Mclean did say it was a Bug and it was going to be fixed.

    It is a little suspicious that a Bug would cause new sounds that nobody has heard before conveniently places for when she phases or vaults to give warning of when she's using her power but to be honest, I don't care if it was intentional or not I just want them to fix it.


    Sadly it's still in the PTB but let's hope It's gone by the time the patch comes out.

  • @Bongbingbing said:

    Mclean did say it was a Bug and it was going to be fixed.

    It is a little suspicious that a Bug would cause new sounds that nobody has heard before conveniently places for when she phases or vaults to give warning of when she's using her power but to be honest, I don't care if it was intentional or not I just want them to fix it.

    Sadly it's still in the PTB but let's hope It's gone by the time the patch comes out.

    @Bongbingbing Okay, do you know when he said that? Can't find it, sadly.

    I totally agree with you that it doesn't matter wether or not it was intentional or not. Here's to hoping she gets back to her old self soon!

  • Welcome to BHVR.

  • @kamisen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/457656#Comment_457656

    @Bongbingbing Okay, do you know when he said that? Can't find it, sadly.

    I totally agree with you that it doesn't matter wether or not it was intentional or not. Here's to hoping she gets back to her old self soon!

    I Think he said it over on reddit, I can't find the post though. Maybe the plauge update one since that's when it started.

  • @Bongbingbing said:

    Mclean did say it was a Bug and it was going to be fixed.

    It is a little suspicious that a Bug would cause new sounds that nobody has heard before conveniently places for when she phases or vaults to give warning of when she's using her power but to be honest, I don't care if it was intentional or not I just want them to fix it.

    Sadly it's still in the PTB but let's hope It's gone by the time the patch comes out.

    That is because it is NOT a new sound. What it is is the phase walk activation sound (which the Spirit always had for herself) layered multiple times on top of itself, greatly amplifying it. That amplified sound, for whatever weird reason thanks to DbD's spaghetti-code, can be heard by Survivors. The normal, non-layered activation sound cannot.

    DbD has had a history of layered sound bugs. The most prominent examples were machine gun Hooks and Nuke Sacrifices:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eCD34F0qqI

  • This content has been removed.
  • I think it’s a bug that for some reason wasn’t fixed in 2.7.0. I’m hoping it gets fixed soon, along with the sound bug. They’re actually hitting her kinda hard.

  • I’m gonna go ahead and bump this. The most recent build has no mention of Spirit’s issues.

  • I have never heard this bug when playing Spirit, nor have I heard it as survivor. So I assume it's a bug that'll be fixed soon.