Is anything going to be done about DCs?
It's a pretty big problem in the game right now but the devs just won't touch the topic and I don't know why. It's so common and completely ruins the match for both killers and survivors. I swear I can't go one match without at least one or two DCs.
Comments
The survey and @Peanits have both been giving us a lot of feedback towards what they have planned for DCs, such as bans for those who do it on purpose, and fixes to those who suffer from it in loading screens. With dedicated servers coming, it will be easier for the Dev Team to accomplish these tasks when it releases. :)
@Chaotic_Riddle Fingers crossed those servers also mean no long wait times.
A lot of people dc to lose pips so they can stay in lower ranks with larger group of players.
If harsh punishment comes before MM fixes we will see a rise of other boring stuff in attempt to lose pips.
Like Afk killers/pretending to be awful/killing yourself on first hook
Some kind of punishment will come when dedicated servers are live. The problem is, it's still months until then. Meanwhile, the situation continues to worsen. I fear that we are losing players (who won't come back) because of the dc situation.
I'd like to know exactly what punishment they have in mind. I don't want to see people getting permabans for DCs but I do want to see them having to wait 5 minutes for their next game, sharing out their bloodpoints between the other player, having their next bloodpoints halved, or being forced to play as Quentin.