Hex Totem

Why cant a killer reignite a hex totem?

E.g. Ruin get broken. Why cant I goto a dull totem and light it?

(Totems that stack will not keep their previous stacks)


download.jpg


Comments

  • Because killers don't get to have things that would make them better equipped to deal with the game. Killers get one shot at having working perks.

  • Honestly I love the idea of literally giving the killer a lighter and they have an animation and everything (I know you're probably meaning 2 second entity magic but I pictured this), but in all seriousness imagining this wouldn't they just keep breaking it because they know it's in play? so basically RIP Noed? It would be as repetitive as resetting traps and perks like haunted ground wouldn't work more than once anyway (hopefully).

  • I think it would slow games a little as people go looking for the new totem.


    Maybe Billy pours some gas from his chainsaw out to light one

    Trapper, Sparks from machete/sword

  • I think that'd actually be a good idea. As a killer, I usually end up avoiding Hex based perks like Devour Hope because unless you get a very good totem spawn, you are probably just going to waste a perk slot. Hell, I sometimes even doubt putting Ruin or NOED in my loadout since with some totem spawns or SwF, they can last seconds in some matches.


    The potential with Hex perks is there, I got a match or two with Devour Hope or Huntress Lullaby in which they were useful, but I can probably count them with one hand, you just end up giving up after you get your totem destroyed in the first 5 minutes

  • Not a bad idea even if it’s only one time I feel like the killer should atleast get to choose where they want the totem there’s been plenty of times when either I or another survivor have found a hex totem like 10 seconds into a match

  • It's good idea! But then again, they will have to reward the survivors more on finding and cleansing both dull and hex totem. Hex totem is in a weird spot rightnow, either it being extremely good and completely change the match or it will get destroyed the moment the trial start.

    I would love to see a rework for the hex totem

  • @Knayter said:

    It's good idea! But then again, they will have to reward the survivors more on finding and cleansing both dull and hex totem. Hex totem is in a weird spot rightnow, either it being extremely good and completely change the match or it will get destroyed the moment the trial start.

    I would love to see a rework for the hex totem

    What if totems hung from the killer neck. They can only be destroyed by a picked up survivor and you have to hit a hard skill check to break it.

    Ok, maybe not. But something to think about.