Perk Rot
Whenever a perk has been used for 2 matches in a row, it suffers from ”Perk Rot” and becomes unusable for a round.
This will force players to experiment with a wider variety of perks, and maybe not use all the highest quality ones at the same time. Perhaps this could apply to items and add-ons as well.
Because this will require more frequent loadout changes, I would also recommend the ability to preset 2 or 3 different loadout configurations.
(Now, to give credit where it’s due. This idea comes from a game called “Cook, Serve, Delicious!” in which food on the menu suffers from “menu rot” and you have to change it out for something else. Still, I think the idea, as well as the “rot” name, lends itself nicely to DBD.)
Comments
That. Would be annyoing at most. (My opinion)
This just sounds annoying.
Ah well, seemed like a good idea at the time. I keep seeing the posts trying to encourage greater perk experimentation and usage of the weaker ones (give us more slots, give perks point values, give us 2 of each rarity, etc.). This seemed like a fresh new approach.
I realize adding restrictions instead of options will always be a hard sell. Nonetheless, thank you guys for your honesty. Brutal honesty, but honesty all the same! 🤣