If you are a killer you really should stop paying so much attention to "toxicness" during a game.
While I don't support it, it can only hurt other survivors objectively, you are not part of the team so their behaviour can't hurt your game if you decide it to be that way.
Comments
Like any match in this game your response to an insult is likely to be determined by your mood before you booted up the game. If a killer is having a terrible day in general of course they're likely to get tilted by toxicity. And if I understand the topic of this thread right...don't most killers either A) Ignore the toxic butt bc they're not doing gens and that's fine by most killers or B) destroy them and move on? Honestly all toxic people are doing is hurting their own team when they're trying to get the killers attention instead of doing objectives as you said. Doesn't help if the full team is "toxic" either, how do you "stop paying attention" to that?
I am saying it can't affect you like when you are playing a team game with toxic people. If it affects you emotionally and you had a bad day, playing a multiplayer game is maybe a bad idea? I mean multiplayer games are full of toxic people you know what are you getting yourself into when you start this game unless you never played online.
Why is this "sage" advice limited to killer? Survivors get just as angry if not more, and often about legitimate things.
Or maybe people can start being kind to each other... just a thought
Because if survivor is toxic it can mess up other survivors.
You can't control how others behave. I don't think toxicness is going anywhere anytime soon. It is even a business model.
You see I meant as in a day to day scenario... one of those things called an "example". Being talked down to like I've never played a multiplayer game though, nice touch. Just lost all interest in any point this thread was trying to make. Doesn't justify that it's not fun to get toxic people in back to back matches or just in general on either side, some people play the game to be decent people and have fun. As above stated too why directed only at killers. Both sides are capable of it.
I didn't meant "you", I meant everyone.
And I already responded why it affects only survivor. If it affects you emotionally that is not objective at all, it is subjective and it is in your power. People should be respectful yes but they won't just because you wish for it. The sooner you accept it the better.
@Judith Sorry, you replied under me and it was along the lines of what I said, honestly no one really uses the "@" properly to address the people they're speaking to...I think this thread is a mess... we both don't like toxic survivors (but they annoy both sides), I however also do not like toxic killers, everyone in this game has the capacity to be toxic or decent, full erasing of toxicity will not happen though because some people like to watch the world burn and only care about their enjoyment. does that about summarize this? Plus if you say it won't happen just because we wish for it but then state you want a view changed what was the point of this thread again? A glorified "get over it killers we suffer from them more"?
You clearly missed the whole point. Point is it can't hurt your game if you don't let it since you don't play in a team.
It can hurt survivors more because they are playing in a team. I really can't be anymore clear since I said this countless times already.
This is not killersvssurvivors thread.It is common sense if you think about it.
Imagine having a bad day, wanting to play your favorite game to cheer up and not being able to because the worlds ######### outnumber its kind souls....oof
Not really "common sense". Toxic survivors can stop the killer completing objectives if they are skilled. Such as wasting their time, flashlight stuns/saves etc. They aren't enjoyable for either side. Playing in a team with one toxic idiot is literally 90% of survivor matches and you can still manage an escape bc they aren't stopping you from doing gens/objectives (unless working with the killer/sandbagging) even if they aren't doing them and they are potentially drawing the killers attention which is sadly intended. I just don't get how it "doesn't hurt killers bc they aren't on their team"??? Unless you mean via bp/pipping in which case again it hurts both sides...?
You don't have to imagine it since being toxic is popular. You are living it already. The only thing you can change is how it affects you.
Stuns and flashlight saves are game mechanic, how is that toxic? Because it hurts your delicate soul?
Seriously now you're using "intended mechanic" as a defence. Basement blocking survivors with RBT or blocking the stairs is an "intended mechanic" but is still decidedly toxic. Do something enough times and add a thousand teabags onto it and yes it is annoying and therefore toxic to me. Sorry I didn't know an "intended mechanic" decided if something was toxic or not, despite toxic having a different definition for everyone. If you're going out of your way to annoy the killer that's generally how I consider it. You didn't comment on how I question how exactly a toxic teammate hurts your fragile survivor soul though. Ripping you off the hook in killer's radius to farm you? Intended mechanic I suppose. Sandbagging is literally the only thing they could do to hurt you directly. If you can't make up for a toxic (not doing gens) survivor on your team how have you been playing this long.
Yes. Hook farming, body blocking, blowing gens on purpose, sabotaging the whole game. One toxic survivor can make a game 3vs1. Is that good enough answer to you?
So you think I am a survivor main because I made a thread like this. You are wrong. I mostly play killer. Let's get that out of the way too.
I don't see anything put in the game to use (to win the game not sabotage it) by devs as toxic. If you have a hard time dealing with something it makes it toxic? Well we disagree then.
I never said you were a survivor main, I'm just sick of this thread getting so hostile. I however AM a survivor main (play 70/30) and I don't notice toxic survivors bc they are winning the killers attention and means everyone else can compensate with gens or totems etc. How do you know they are blowing up gens on purpose? Sandbagging and by extension working with the killer is the only way to be toxic really. Hook "farming" is sometimes accidental because not everyone in this game is a god and when it's on purpose again the killer usually facilitates it. Playing survivor isn't hold hands and play nice it's work together...or don't and is an "intended" thing. Every match is literally like this, as survivors we adapt to our "team" and yet you're telling killers to get over it when you can't get over toxicity yourself.
Who said I can't? I am saying it affects survivors more objectively. It affects killers only emotionally. Lol how is this hostile, having a conversation with someone you don't agree with is other person being hostile. I can see a pattern here. You are too sensitive to play these kind of games. That is all.
Says the person who literally just said what they consider to be toxic, which are intended and could be considered the toxic person "doing their objective" in all of those cases. Seriously, it's like talking to a wall. Basically "this is my point and deal with it because I can't accept that some people disagree and that toxicity itself is subjective and will reply with a condescending tone" I have been playing this game just fine for 2 years and never once got angry at a teammate for "hurting me objectively". I just wanted to make a point and you had to take it to "If it affects you emotionally and you had a bad day, playing a multiplayer game is maybe a bad idea? You know what are you getting yourself into when you start this game unless you never played online" How is that not condescending and slightly hostile for an otherwise normal comment on your post even if you said it was in general. "You are too sensitive to play these kind of games" not hostile at all...
I agree completely, toxicity if you ignore it, simply doesn't hurt you at all.
What I dislike the most is when you play a game and nobody is toxic, everything is perfect. You don't camp/tunnel and everyone is alive (with 2 hooks) when doors are opened. And NOW, everyone tbags you at the exit doors. That is what I hate the most. It's like.. why? Why now? When you know I can't focus you anymore after doing it?
I miss the Awesome button