The Scream DLC will be a better Legion DLC
In case you want to see the vid I'm talking about, I'll post it here.
https://youtu.be/93bmvihnLsg?t=364Some stuff that isn't covered in this vid is that since we picked up on this, the tweets have all been removed, but he (the man in charge of liscensing ghostface) posted a bunch of stuff to twitter hinting at ghostface coming to DBD. including how he wants to put Ghostface into a successful running horror game. But check out the vid for more explicit clues. It should be time stamped to start right before he shows the tweets.
So, Ghostface.. Ghostface was a couple guys killing other people as a team. What kind of power would he have? Well... Just look at the killer we already have that's a group of people in a masks.
I know what you're saying. "okay, but we hated that concept."
Yup. And instead of re-envisioning the power, they did what? Made him an M1 killer that's going to rely on his CD add-ons. I think they did this because if they changed his power much, it would end up being to similar to a DLC they are already working on.
What do you think? What do you think his power will be? I'm hoping his power scales through the match, maybe as he stabs people.
Comments
@PaulieEsther
My theory is thus:
Ghostface has 2 copyright holders. Lionsgate and mask dude.
Lionsgate owns Saw. Saw released January 1st, 2018, a month after that cap arrived in the files. So they were talking to them about Saw and were like "Hey, you also have the copyright for scream right, let's do ghostface!"
and lionsgate was like "I'm DTF, but you gotta get Mask dude to agree." So they did some basic work, but things got held up in negotiations. So, to test out the idea, we got Legion. Kinda like a living PTB
I think this, because this is how they got Ash's likeness. They have a good relationship with Lionsgate, but Lionsgate didn't own likeness rights for Ash and Ghostface, so negotiations and such took a while.
Firm, Lionsgate doesn't have the rights to Scream. Lionsgate has only published blue ray for the anniversary of the saga, but has no rights, the scream saga is produced by Dimension Films, not by Lionsgate.
Having said that, the most probable hypothesis at this point is that they only had the rights to Ghostface, and not to Scream (in fact in the tweet RJ Torbert talks about an announcement concerning Ghostface and not the Scream saga) and therefore he will release alone like leatherface, and instead the audio leaks we heard concern the chapter on Hellraiser, because yes, Lionsgate owns the rights of Hellraiser because in 2018 it produced a movie about the Pinhead saga, and therefore this could be the project they are working on.
@Niitosky They would have to have bought publishing rights to reproduce the blu-rays.
However, they could have only bought rights for reproduction of the films. This is common in the industry. As a writer I can sell the e-book rights to amazon, and physical book rights to one of the big 8, and movie rights to netflix. (not that anyone would accept such a deal, i'm just giving an example for clarity)
So you could be right, and we have that here. In which case, I'm all for getting both.
Files for a potential "The Teacher" Killer have been in the Game since before the release of The Nurse (which was in August 2016). The graduation cap was found in files for the 2.7.0 PTB.
i will admit when I'm wrong, and I was wrong. he's not a better legion.
He's a better meyers.
i will admit when I'm wrong, and I was wrong. he's not a better legion.
He's a better meyers.
I'd be so down for Ghost Face to be in DBD. He'd have to have a phone related ability tho. It'd be like Freddy without the creepy humming, or Leatherface without the Tuskan Raider yelling: Just wouldn't be Ghost Face without it.