EGC lava is the wrong color
The lava should be green, or a bluish-white. For one, it would make it much easier to distinguish between the lava and the scratch marks. Secondly, we’re not on earth, so why would it be a reddish-orange? It could also be used as a source of light once the devs are finally able to optimize the rendering code.
Comments
They answered some of your concerns on the last dev stream like seeing scratch marks.
The reddish/orange color is also kinda like the entity's color so I don't expect them to change that.
Lava red.
Red hot.
Lava hot.
Harder to see scratch marks give the survivors and advantage in the end game with chases. I think it should stay that way. Otherwise survivors will just bail out as fast as they can.
At least if they know they can do some running around without the killer being able to track them 100% they might take more risks.
edit: not no scratch marks.. but more well hidden ones.
They are supposed bail as fast as they can and the scratch marks are already garbage anyway. EGC fx shouldn't be allowed to make them worse.
I can only imagine how much fun it must be to track scratch marks on EGC Ormond.
@ReikoMori Maybe you do.. but if there is 3 left and I just hooked one.. I want the other 2 to come back in and make a save.... might be able to get all of them then.
They got 2 minutes or more to leave... I personally don't mind if they stick around a bit longer to make the end more exciting.. especially if I didn't get much done during the match.
Then nothing has really changed about the end game because survivors don't feel anymore pressured to do one thing or the other which at this point I don't care because I'm just a function. The only thing i want is for scratch marks to not completely blend in with EGC ground fx. Playing it on ptb is terrible because any sort of chase is rendered moot if you drop LOS for a split second in the endgame. Simply change the color of scratch marks of the egc fx color.