######### IS HAPPENING WITH DCs???? Is this normal nowadays???

I played 17 games today, some with leatherface, some with nurse, and others with hillbilly. Only in 1 game nobody DCed, and on the others i got 1 game with 1 DC, 3 games with 2 DC, and the rest of the games i got 3-4 DCs. Can someone tell me ######### is happening? I just want to play a normal game... Seriously, I'm planning to uninstall this game until this is fixed. Imagine having like 12 games in a row with 3 or more DCs. THAT happened to me today. I'm tilted.

Comments

  • They keep their rank after quitting and restarting the game. There is no penalty to it so they do it. And they did it even before to keep their flashlights or just plainly denying killer a pip.

  • I had someone message me when they DC'd right before their last hook that they did it because they didn't wan't to lose their flashlight..... Then you have the people that DC as soon as they see what killer you are. There doesn't seem like its much of a penalty for disconnecting. I mean if you'd rather keep your item than bloodpoints towards the end of a match somethings not right. Then you have the people that DC beginning of match they can just hop back into another match leaving the other 3 survivors handicapped.

  • Yes its normal right now, because there is no real penalty for DCing other than loss of Bloodpoints. If things aren't going their way they'll DC.

    I don't DC but a LOT of people do right now.

  • There are some DC bugs going around. If the Survivor DCed without the gong noise, that was unintentional.

    But yes, there are a lot of Cryhards who can't handle getting outplayed, so they DC because there is no penalty.

  • Some are bugs and crashes but most are intentional.

    There's this growing trend to DC as soon as you start to loose, It doesn't help that there's little punishment for DCs, None if you don't meet the threshold. Hopefully with dedicated servers they start to punish DCs more, It's gotten to the point where a game without a DC is rare. That's very bad.

  • As much as I like this game I have to admit that it's fanbase consists mostly of immature people or just kids who want to copy their favorite toxic youtubers so they can feel powerful. It is sad really.

  • This is why I'm begging the devs to do a ban-wave before the blood hunt next week. ( https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/60161/can-we-get-a-complimentary-24hr-dcer-ban-wave-before-the-blood-hunt#latest )

    DC'ing has become so habitual to players over the past few months that it's become the norm, and it's KILLING the game. You are not alone in wanting to uninstall/stop playing until this crap gets under control, and the majority of us are equally sick of it. BHVR has the tools/ability to perform ban-waves to punish DC'ers, and even has the data that tells them the difference between someone who DC's due to bugs vs. rage quitting ( https://youtu.be/_HMRs9HKrz0?t=2892 ), and they have done so in the past to great effect against DC'ers, but for some reason they have been holding back on it until they get the dedicated servers up.

    This has lead to a disastrous amount of toxicity running wild because no one is getting penalized for ruining the game, and so, they are doing it En Masse. I am expecting the blood hunt event next week to go down as the worst Blood Hunt in the history of DbD unless a ban-wave hits before it. I also fear that by the time they get the dedicated servers up and ready for the player base, there won't be enough of a player base left! it's impossible for us to have fun in the game currently when every match has some toxic, over entitled brat DC and ruin the experience for everyone playing, and the Devs lack of action against these players does nothing but leave us feeling like our outrage and complaints are being purposely ignored.

    I've been Pleading with the devs to get this crap under control for MONTHS, in multiple posts, and I'm not the only one, but they aren't planning to do anything about it until the dedicated servers are up, and that's just infuriating! They have the power to do it NOW, and if they did, it would restore our faith in them until the dedicated servers are running, but they won't... so why the hell even plan a blood hunt event knowing its going to be a disaster?

  • Yes, that is normal.

  • its normal since you lose absolutly nothing for DC'ing

  • The longer it goes on unpunished the more people will adopt the habit.

    Its like going into a sweet shop and buying some sweets, but sometimes when you do, you see people steal a few extra sweets but nothing happens to them, at some point you are going to take a few extra sweets because you know nothing is going to happen.

  • The devs literally allowed this to happen by intentionally keeping the threshold high enough to not cause any problem as long as you don't DC half of your matches.

    I can assure you, if I don't like playing against a certain killer I can DC as much as I want and still wouldn't be banned because the threshold is too high.

  • I get that survivor sucks in terms of BP gain, especially if there's camping you right out of the match so you end up with nothing, but they're hard enough to come by in a string of generally bad games, so you might as well eat the hook and keep some points instead of no points.

  • Well at least devs should implement system that reward killers with 8k for all categories +1 token to bbq for each DC.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    Well at least devs should implement system that reward killers with 8k for all categories +1 token to bbq for each DC.

    But a DC hurts the other survivors more than the killer, if anything survivors should be compensated, for the potential lose of a pip due to an early DC.

  • I played 17 games today, some with leatherface, some with nurse, and others with hillbilly.

    if they dc, you win. these days dc it's better than losing time being matched unfair with different rank/skills. i had rank 2 nurses and i'm rank 13. you saw me complaining about that?

  • It's easy. No penalty.

    If they feel like they're going to derank, they DC and keep everything.

  • yesterday ive had exactly 1 game without any DCs.

    such a bad joke...

  • If you don't hear a DC sound then it is actually the game booting that survivor (aka not an intentional DC).

    On the survivor side what happens is it takes them to the post match page showing all the killer perks and it looks like both (they and the killer) dc'd.

  • @will_i_am_14_85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/446764#Comment_446764

    But a DC hurts the other survivors more than the killer, if anything survivors should be compensated, for the potential lose of a pip due to an early DC.

    And I want some bloodpoints for my bae.