Troll chat / Pre/Post game
Hey guys,
How would you feel if the chat function before and after games was removed? I think it would go some way to reducing some of the negative toxicity that comes out of the game some times.
Hey guys,
How would you feel if the chat function before and after games was removed? I think it would go some way to reducing some of the negative toxicity that comes out of the game some times.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yeah only way to really do it on PS4 is to literally find them out on PSN and message them prvtly. I play both PC and Console and I really wish the chat wasn't on the PC version.
I like them both. It's up to the playerbase to be respectful and decent in the chats. It's kind of nice to be able to let your team know you are running certain Offerings, or maybe you are going to try for the kobe so they shouldn't go for a rescue right at the start of a hook.
Post game is kind of iffy. I don't draw a lot of salt because my playstyle isn't tryhard, but people need to stop being so damn sensitive when they die or get caught out on a stupid play. I know it will never happen, this is an anonymous online game, but the chats aren't the problem. It's the players who have their Internet Muscles on and think they are so epic and powerful. When they get cut down to size their egos have to be soothed somehow.
Just don't pay attention to the salt and toxicity. Play the game how you like, and ignore the rest. Personally I take it as a compliment when someone gets vicious because apparently I'm good enough to cause that reaction. I don't mine it, but it does make me smile and feelsgoodman.
I've been an xbox killer main for awhile I find the toxicity to come in waves and the highest i've been is rank 14 so i don't know much beyond that. At rank 20 i would get a LOT of messages (I play as pig and freddy mainly) even when i would get 0 kills (I play for fun and try not to get too upset when I'm beast-ed on) I'd still get messages. Teabags all over the place on PC and XBOX but I will say I've got some people being nice in after game chat on PC that I don't think on xbox i would have got a message about.
Hows about an opt out feature? When you enter after the pre-lobby or post-lobby a message comes up in chat for those that have opted out of chat "XXXXX is not in the chat"
I know some streamers would probably use it since some people know they have an audience and just want to say messed up/racist/sexist things.
I think an Opt-out feature would be a good idea.
Also i'm a streamer myself and I would definitely opt out of the chat for sure
anytime someone messages me and says get good i just feel bad for them as something is obviously missing from their lives
I totally get this and yeah I feel like its that or they are 10 years old all jacked up on mountain dew
I mean the mechanics are there to some extent because its not in the console version of the code at all so they either have it deleted or disabled (Id guess)
Some people are a lot more sensitive than that, they may of experienced bullying, they may be Experiencing bullying and last thing they need is more insensitive comments thrown there way. not many ppl can just GG and move on.
Could you assist me on how to hide the chat entirely please
I agree just remove it because people tell others things like ######### and there are no consequences. Get rid of it!
Will this stay hidden forever or just for that moment?
Alas, curiosity kills the cat, no?
"But brain, what if they're saying stuff that isn't toxic? I'm missing out on conversation"
Reality hits
Me then:
lol ok so it's a band aid fix - at least it's there I guess...kinda...thankfully I play mainly on PS4 and its not on there
You still get toxic messages on PS4. The message tab keeps a list for you of who you should mori !
You are right, I totally agree - let them say what they want you cant see it and cant read it. but a lot of people do see it, a lot of people do read it and it also upsets a lot of people.
If you are set to private you they cannot contact you so that works yes.
If it stops at least 1 person being upset due to another's spiteful behaviour then i would advocate it to be removed
Just so you know, you seem like a pretty sensible guy/girl - we are having quite a sensible discussion on -
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/36037#Comment_36037
Id welcome your thoughts on there too.
I totally see your point its the whole - don't like something block them problem solved right? what i'm talking about tho is on the wider scale - you don't solve anything from hiding from it, toxicity in general needs to be tackled head on
but they wont - this is the problem. People wont mass move to hide the chat - so i'm saying the devs take it out of their hands and removes it for them. I mean really do you "need" that chat function in there?