Tier 3 trophy.

Does the obsession for some reason NOT get moried if you use the Tombstone and Fragrant tuft of hair? I put off attempting this for a very long time because I know toxic survivors will DC to void it for me or go hide in lockers for long times.

Two matches in a row I hit the obsession and they get downed instead of moried. Did it always work that way? What am I doing wrong?

Comments

  • I would say having completed this trophy a few months ago, I had no problems at the time with obsession getting mori'd (with old DS however). Not sure if it's due to new updates breaking things, however, usually you go for the kill animation when the button prompt appears (should say kill instead of hit etc), lunges don't work, you must only attempt when the prompt appears similar to a hatch grab timing/tap the button only. Just basically walk until you're on top of them and tap and you should be able to pull them out of mid run. Hopefully others who have succeeded with this trophy in the current update may be able to say if it's a bug.

  • Thanks that makes a hell of a lot of sense actually. I didn't realize the lunge would technically void this. I always instinctively hold down the button when doing a mori anyways so when I lunge and miss I just assumed I was missing.

    To be clear. When the kill prompt appears. Will holding down attack NOT initiate the mori? Or is it when your not close enough for the kill yet and Lunge in range? Then causing the down.

  • @ASurvkillivorer Ah now you're really testing me, I've been an anti tombstone/piece mori mikey since that trophy only using DH rarely (which does require normal mori hold down)... I'm pretty sure you MUST be within range, I don't think you need to hold it down, as far as I remember it is just get in close to the survivor and tap the kill prompt button and it plays out normally as if you grabbed them mid run, holding initiates lunge only if outside of the range of a kill but I can't make any promises on that it doesn't if you're close and hold down (I don't think it would?), just get in nice and close before you impale them on that knife is the best advice I can give.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield You main mikey right, could you back me up on if holding down the attack while within range of a kill reverts it to lunge? I don't remember 100% if it does but it's been so long since I tombstoned someone...

  • @Kiskashi said:

    @ASurvkillivorer Ah now you're really testing me, I've been an anti tombstone/piece mori mikey since that trophy only using DH rarely (which does require normal mori hold down)... I'm pretty sure you MUST be within range, I don't think you need to hold it down, as far as I remember it is just get in close to the survivor and tap the kill prompt button and it plays out normally as if you grabbed them mid run, holding initiates lunge only if outside of the range of a kill but I can't make any promises on that it doesn't if you're close and hold down (I don't think it would?), just get in nice and close before you impale them on that knife is the best advice I can give.

    Suprised its stood the test of time anyways. MM came out in 2017 right? I mean its a boring build...it isn't fun to use. Its very stressful, very obvious to survivors what you want. Then also voidable by survivors any time they want. I don't see myself ever using MM ultimates ever again after eventually getting this achievement.


    Not to mention I noticed something about going for this during an attempt today. With it being sooo obvious. Even more so with a Black Ward. I had a survivor who im not sure if they did this on purpose or not. Stay out of my way so much I forgot they were even in the match until I couldn't hit T3. I got every bit of stalk from 3 survivors which is 99.9% of what you need. So basically, an SWF team can on command make this build useless by quickly isolating one person and confirming if the Myers is purely going for stalks. As long as they never find the 4th person they will never hit T3. Boring for the odd man out but people are willing to do anything to win in this game.

  • @Kiskashi said:

    @Dwight_Fairfield You main mikey right, could you back me up on if holding down the attack while within range of a kill reverts it to lunge? I don't remember 100% if it does but it's been so long since I tombstoned someone...

    Yes that has happened to me.

  • Not sure why this achievement never got touched a bit. At least making a DC count as a killer while using these add ons would be nice. I put off even attempting this since I got MM in summer of last year. I knew exactly what it would be like trying to pull this off.

    The super obvious playstyle is a dead give away. Not to mention even more so if you used a Ward. So far it just survivors doing everything in their power to deny me this. Not by beating me but by being toxic because god forbid.

  • @ASurvkillivorer Okay I tested it out with a friend in KYF the other night, and as long as you are within range and the kill prompt comes up it doesn't matter if you do accidentally hold it given you are RIGHT NEXT TO THEM (can't vouch for other distances turning it into a lunge) also thank you for making me test it because I tried it on a friend who plays Jane and mid mori her bun flew off her head and was floating next to her as she was mori'd then when I threw her to the ground her hair slowly rolled back to her head and we were losing it with laughter. ๐Ÿ˜‚

    As for getting the trophy I ran a particularly dirty build to get it first try. Did tombstone + fragrant with Hex ruin, Hex Thrill of the Hunt and Overcharge as a stalling build (can't remember the 4th perk maybe thanat, discordance may help more for SWF? all tier 3 perks). Stalled as much as possible, was lucky to have one dumb surv to stalk to tier 2 off (also the one that had old DS and DC'd), found the others and completed then started the moris, one DC'd while I started but it does still count if you started the animation before they DC (I had just grabbed her and held her up and it counted), the others were pretty easy to round up after as they were still trying to do gens and last one left tracks past the hatch.

    It is unfortunately the luck of the draw with this trophy, more and more people are starting to get that lockers counter it and even with my build they got to hatch stage (2 gens done) bc it takes forever to get to tier 3. I was just incredibly lucky to get it on my first tombstone try (tried earlier as a baby mikey with tombstone piece+stalk addons and got 3/4), also did it on the springwood map (by RNG) if that makes any difference, I can't imagine trying to get this on a locker heavy map such as the game.

    Hope it works out for you soon, it's barely a matter of skill anymore for this trophy, it's almost 90% luck if the survs don't DC. I'm never going to stop being glad I got this before the DC epidemic, maybe it will change when dedicated servers arrive? I mean I was in a match recently against a ebony mori mikey and 2 survs DC'd as soon as the killer started the mori... DC's are probably the biggest hurdle to this trophy now considering people just DC at a regular mori... best of luck

    Edit: Also I know it's a risk but I did end up hooking 2 survs to draw out some others and you may be able to use this to locate those ones that try to hide it out or maybe use whispers if it's getting bizzare levels of immersive. It is a BIG risk given some survs like to suicide on hook, but it did potentially help me hide my intentions long enough.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield That's interesting, I've tried it both ways now and never experienced it. Maybe there's some map/placement specific change that throws it back to a lunge? Anyway thank you for replying, wasn't sure who to call in for reinforcements anymore.

  • Most of the achievements in this game I just took the approach of don't think about it and it will eventually happen. Yet obviously for this one you need to use at least the One Ultimate.

    Anyways I finally got this yesterday. Okay and for the THIRD straight time even with me thinking I know what causes it.....The last person alive who was the obsession got downed instead of grabbed. Like why was it always the obsession? I started thinking there was somehow a bug with this and PWYF.

    I appreciate actually firing up the game over my post @Kiskashi. I actually thought it was performing a lunge when the prompt isn't on screen that caused this. But then again doesn't MM in T3 perform the Lunge automatically? Or is it an attack that is somewhat of a midrange lunge?

    I realized I was about to succeed in this when I saw the last person. They just decided to run in a circle until I get them. Prompt shows up and I hit attack while being well aware to NOT hold it. Yet I still downed them!! I lost my calm at that point like come on I really don't want to have to do this again and my heart started pounding. I picked them up expecting a DC any second and luckily with some quick thinking I was able to get another attempt. I had to be a prick though. I carried them to a gen and smacked it. Praying they wouldn't be one of those survivors who always ignores it when you do this and bolts off....or worse DCs. They actually do go for the gen and quickly as I can see the prompt and hit it and poof...it works all is good.


    I wasn't sure if you COULD gengrab and get the kill with this setup. I mean, it sounds absurd that you couldn't. Yet then again I wasn't even aware lockers voided this until recently and that in itself seems ridiculous. Its already sooooo obvious when a MM is going for this achievement because you need insane amounts of stalk. Just sitting in a locker makes this IMPOSSIBLE.

  • FTR in total it took me 5 attempts to do this. So not that bad. I could've had this on my 3rd if I truly understood why the hell I was sometimes downing the Obsession SPECIFICALLY in T3.

    So glad I didn't have to tap into the Black Wards. I had one attempt left before having to start using them. I knew all too well that once I started using them the survivors would be even more wise to what I want and it become even more difficult. Im well aware anytime I see a Myers with a ward they always have some mori related add on. Funny actually cause I hate using them. I much prefer boosts to stalk or something.

  • @ASurvkillivorer Great news to hear you finally got it ๐Ÿ˜Š Not sure, this might just be a new bug then... I don't run PWYF or any obsession perks anymore, but I did in the past mori the obsession to get dying light and that worked fine (about 1 year ago to be fair), I thought it was just holding it without the kill indicator that turned it to a lunge, pretty sure EW3 can do a mid and long range lunge, it does feel like a lunge if you tap but that may just be how the knife attack looks first person compared to actually going the distance of a full EW3 lunge. I know there is a difference, it's the difference between me going 1 step or me going approx 3 steps to a survivor if holding down the attack, also pretty sure if there was auto full lunge it would destroy Tier 3 against good 360s. Honestly I'm just willing to say it might be a bug given how it's only recently. I used tombstone pieces a bit as a youngin' mikey about a year ago and never had this issue, could just be something on the new engine.

    I think this trophy is the definition of "you have to be a prick" ๐Ÿ˜‚ I felt so bad going for it but the complete wave of relief when you get it is worth the potential heart attacks (similar to kill 4 in a single match w/ ebony). Funny you mention the ward though, I have 10+ tombstones stored at lv 50 and that plus fragrant appear constantly in my webs, black wards are actually MORE rare for me personally (I have like...one? I use them only on vanity/dead rabbit if I'm running low). Honestly I prefer dead rabbit/ J myers memorial for a normal match or dead rabbit/ vanity mirror for an interesting match. Sad really that I can't bring myself to use the ultra rare addons that are unique to my killer in a normal match. Maybe occasionally a tombstone piece to destroy those who show you disrespect at the gates or during the match but other than that... nah.

    I guess this whole thread is why there really isn't a set in stone method for getting this trophy, it's a bit of skill, a bit of deceit, a bit of planning and a LOT of luck. To be fair even though I got it first time I actually hated getting adept shape more, I think that was literal ecstasy getting that the first time because WOW THAT'S A BAD SETUP TO BE FORCED TO USE. Probably made worse by DC's and new merciless requirements, RIP new mikeys, I feel so bad for all the ones I see trying to get adept in my recent matches.

    This whole thread has made me feel so rusty, need to put the killer pants back on during the upcoming bloodhunt event, have 10+ BPS, 15 puddings and 10 shells for this on my mikey ๐Ÿ˜‚ Anyway, interesting discussion, congratulations again and potential new bug to look out for.