Question Regarding Bans

So recently, I've noticed quite a few people have been banned for using the 2 killer bug. I've also noticed that some of these abusers have been temporarily banned while others have been permanently banned. What is the reasoning for this?

Comments

  • Bans escalate. It's also possible that they were banned for multiple things at once, which would naturally lead to a greater ban.

  • Orion nailed it. Temporary bans escalate based on your ban history. If someone was banned multiple times before and on their last chance, they would have been permanently banned.

  • @Peanits said:

    Orion nailed it. Temporary bans escalate based on your ban history. If someone was banned multiple times before and on their last chance, they would have been permanently banned.

    is there a time period between ban escalations? like if someone got temp banned a few months / a year ago. would their temp bans reset or could they be perma banned?

  • @Dr_Trauts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/438235#Comment_438235

    is there a time period between ban escalations? like if someone got temp banned a few months / a year ago. would their temp bans reset or could they be perma banned?

    Right now, no, there is not.

  • Cake! Remember me? We played together once.

  • @Poweas said:

    Cake! Remember me? We played together once.

    Name is familiar <3

  • I think I was a potato back then, add me, I got the same username now, and I'm not such a potato at survivor. <3

  • @Peanits said:

    Orion nailed it. Temporary bans escalate based on your ban history. If someone was banned multiple times before and on their last chance, they would have been permanently banned.

    Can you define 'last chance', please? Like do you mean that if they have been temp banned previously, since I've been previously banned before and on a new account after 2000+ hours on this account with a clean slate (meaning no temporary bans EVER on this account), I'm now again permanently banned for doing a bug which I didn't know was bannable until it was announced, although, I only did it twice.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/438361#Comment_438361

    I think I was a potato back then, add me, I got the same username now, and I'm not such a potato at survivor. <3

    Unfortunately not possible as of now, read above ^

  • @Peanits said:

    Orion nailed it. Temporary bans escalate based on your ban history. If someone was banned multiple times before and on their last chance, they would have been permanently banned.

    @Peanits let's imagine someone was abusing the 2 killer exploit and the legion exploit at the same time (and you investigated both of them at the same time), would that person get 2 strikes back to back or only 1 strike cuz he was investigated once?

  • @Cake1100 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/438235#Comment_438235

    Can you define 'last chance', please? Like do you mean that if they have been temp banned previously, since I've been previously banned before and on a new account after 2000+ hours on this account with a clean slate (meaning no temporary bans EVER on this account), I'm now again permanently banned for doing a bug which I didn't know was bannable until it was announced, although, I only did it twice.

    Basically if you were previously on the last step of the ban escalation process. So:

    1 day > 2 day > 1 week > permanent

    If you were on one week before, your next one would be permanent.

    This is NOT the case for disconnection bans, which follow their own system. If you had a one week disconnection ban in the past, you wouldn't be permanently banned for your next ban, for example.

  • I personally think after 1 year (or more) one strike should expire. People often change their habits and mentality after such a long time, or got striked without intending to do something forbidden (for example the legion exploit without knowing that this exploit exists).

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/438367#Comment_438367

    Basically if you were previously on the last step of the ban escalation process. So:

    1 day > 2 day > 1 week > permanent

    If you were on one week before, your next one would be permanent.

    This is NOT the case for disconnection bans, which follow their own system. If you had a one week disconnection ban in the past, you wouldn't be permanently banned for your next ban, for example.

    Well in this case, I have a question.

    On the account I was banned on I have done NO previous convictions. Do you mind investigating or is there a reason for this? https://steamcommunity.com/id/cakewasnthere

  • @Cake1100 If you want to appeal a ban, you need to send a ticket to our customer support. Our ACM team will review your case. Open a ticket here: support.deadbydaylight.com

  • @not_Queen said:

    @Cake1100 If you want to appeal a ban, you need to send a ticket to our customer support. Our ACM team will review your case. Open a ticket here: support.deadbydaylight.com

    What is the average wait time for the response?

  • @Cake1100

    I'm a console user and I had to send a ticket because I kept getting an the same error for 3 days. The response time is really fast, I would say an estimate of around 30 minutes but your case my vary because it's a ban appeal.