Possible reason for DCs

So this is just a random observation that people are totally free to agree or disagree with but I was thinking about the number of DCs lately in games and this is the opinion I have on it.

I am a survivor main, but I play a decent amount of killer as well, so feel free to take my opinion with a grain of salt. (Out of my 1300 hours in the game, I'd say around 200 was spent on killer)

  1. People are saying that it's mostly survivor mains who DC, and if you look at the matches, this is certainly true. However, I think the reason for this is because once people see what they're up against, they decide "F this, I'm out." And the thing is, that's a choice the killer gets to make BEFORE the match even starts. I can't tell you how many times I've loaded into a lobby just to be immediately disconnected 2 seconds later because the killer decided "F this, I'm out". And I've seen it in streams and in conversations, killers will disband a lobby if they see too many items, if there's a certain player they don't want to go against, if they see a SWF, if there's too many Claudette's etc. The killer CHOOSES the match they want to play (and yes I understand the balance behind that decision). A survivor jumps into a match blind and sometimes when you see you're up against a Moonwalking Legion, your 10th Nurse in a row, or Iridescent Hatchets, you're just like "no thank you".
  2. This is literally just a fact, but killers have received WAY more buffs in the past year than survivors have, which to some extent was necessary. But, the game is currently in a place of imbalance where killers (including myself when I play killer) are coming out of most matches EASILY with 3 or more kills (and all killer mains are probably simultaneously saying "and that's how it should be") So when a match just starts snowballing and your entire team is dying with 4 or 5 gens left, again people just say "F this, I'm out. What's the point"
  3. It's a simple chain effect from there. Once that first person DCs from the match and you're sitting there as a survivor with 2 teammates and 5 gens left, a lot of people just DC right then and there because unless the killer is complete trash, that's a near unwinnable match.

Outside of this, I know there are people who DC (survivors and killers) for a number of reasons. I've seen killers DC as soon as a match started because "they didn't want to play on that level" (R.I.P. Preschool and Swamp). I've seen killers DC just as I juked them and almost made it out the exit so I couldn't get my escape points. Likewise, I've seen survivors DC as soon as they figured out the killer was a Nurse, Freddy, or Legion or they wasted a BNP. So this isn't about choosing sides, as much as it's about me pointing out what I notice.

Comments

  • Oh god, another one.

  • I'm about a 2:1 survivor main. You have raised all fair points. I think stealth killers would be completely unviable though if you know ahead of time who the killer is. I wish both sides would play it out regardless. Games only last about 10 minutes. Even if you get rolled, it's not like you're stuck playing a 30 minute game or something like that.

  • @malloymk said:

    I'm about a 2:1 survivor main. You have raised all fair points. I think stealth killers would be completely unviable though if you know ahead of time who the killer is. I wish both sides would play it out regardless. Games only last about 10 minutes. Even if you get rolled, it's not like you're stuck playing a 30 minute game or something like that.

    Absolutely. I would never suggest that survivors should be able to see their killer before the match start. At most, they should be able to see the Username of the person playing and look at their game hours the same way the killer can do for survivors, but beyond that, no.

    I only mentioned that to point out that killers can "DC" in a sense before a match starts because they know what they're up against. Survivors can only make that choice in game when they find out.

  • I get a feeling that if there was some way to tally up the number of times a killer dodged a lobby vs the number of survivors DC in game, it'd be about even (more on the survivor side obviously because there's 4 survivors for every 1 killer in a match).

    There's no way to do that though because maybe the killer had to use the bathroom or go somewhere. Maybe it was a broken lobby and a 4th person couldn't join. There's way too many variables

  • You know what the problem is with DCs? The person who DCs, It doesnt matter if it's killer or survivor, they do it because Devs allow it.

    Let's say you can DC 10% of your matches before getting banned; that means that if Im someone with like 3000 matches I can DC 300 times and I wont be banned for that. It's stupid to use that system to ban people because the more you play the more chances you'll have to DC, therefore people will be able to DC as many times as they want as long as they keep playing the game...

    In my opinion you should be able to DC 3 times at max each month (and It still feels like too much)