What is the surprise Monday? Any guesses?

New solo character? BP event announcement? New Holiday event? 🤔

I really hope that surprise listing isn't something small like a picture contest.

Some kind of dev communication maybe? That's unlikely though given how much they've said already though right?


https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/11/activities-and-livestream-roadmap#latest

Comments

  • Here’s just a couple that it COULD be:

    1. Freddy ends up in the Mid-Chapter update.
    2. New chapter news (doubtful, as we got CH 11 recently ).
    3. Event, ?attached with a new game mode??.
    4. A killer paragraph (Ghostface? Jason?Ties in with 2., so still doubtful).
    5. Cosmetics (wouldn’t make since with the “surprise”, but who knows.

    Event seems likely, but with a twist. New game mode along with it is my thinking. New game mode to be tested in PTB? A new killer is also a small possibility, a day before the PTB.

  • @Acesthetiic Killer paragraph or 2x bp would actually be a really cool announcement.

    🤔 You said event i wonder what the theme could be if not generic like 2x bp.

  • @Bbbrian2013 I personally don’t see it being an Easter type since it’s being announced a day after it. The event (if there is one) will (probably) release with the Mid Chapter. So two week after? May 7? The theme could tie into some of the upcoming cosmetics. Theme could tie into a possible *limited* game mode exclusively for the event.

    Honestly, the only thing that would be a pleasant surprise would be an AWESOME event, or a killer paragraph (unless its something we haven’t thought of).

  • I was thinking it could be a dev stream with ash actor

  • @Thatbrownmonster Bruce Campbell? That would be neat...

    I cant see that happening though unless he is there to promote something. He's an actual famous person that's probably super busy and he already promoted Ash. 🤔...

    What would that be about you think? If he did

  • "New solo character?" Goddamn, if it is, you already know who I'm rooting for!

    In all seriousness tho, my prediction is either a Freddy rework teaser or 2x BPS.

  • If they dont want a lame surprise, it'll be Freddy

  • @Mat_Sella It won't be Freddy. They said freddy news is next month.

  • I am hoping it is some kind of announcement about Freddy, then again the other half of me is hoping that it's some kind of announcement for Licensed Cosmetics.

  • @Detective_Jonathan

    Probably saw, since the saw franchise also owns ash vs evil dead (if I am not mistaken), and devs could have introduced this topic when negotiating ash rights

  • @Thatbrownmonster Jigsaw playable or riot!

    Would work like Legion skins :p

  • double bloodpoints or something of that nature. I doubt it is anything huge.

  • The Dream:

    1. Freddy news
    2. Plague update
    3. Scream chapter - SURPRISE SIDNEY!
    4. Finally getting Halloween 18 cosmetics. I need Laurie to show off her guns.

    The reality:

    1. Bloodhunt
    2. Free cosmetics based on Whisperers
    3. Something to do with twitch
  • @Detective_Jonathan I'd love licensed cosmetics! God, I hope that's the surprise, although I think @pemberley may be right sadly with what the reality will be

  • @pemberley When you said Whisperers it took me a moment to realize you don't mean Alpha/Beta/Lydia etc

  • I swear if it has something to do with the fog whisperers i will blow a fuse @PhantomMask20763

    These guys have gotten away with so much that they are covered by the mod team as well as the CM herself, not only that, but i heard from an anonymous source that someone within the program hacks their game files to have infinite add-ons.

    Now, i wonder if this little birdie was able to tell me who that is, and exposed it to the community, what would the devs do to that person?

    oh i know! most likely cover for that person and go like

    "What hacked add-ons"

    Better.PNG


  • @Detective_Jonathan If there is actual evidence of that report it.

  • @Bbbrian2013 Why would i report something when it's just going to get covered up?

    Besides, i am not the one who made the accusation, this was simply by someone else. So if anything, if they want to know who it is, then they need to come to me.

    As this is going to seriously jeopardize their business.

    Or at the very least, shatter the Fog Whisperer program.