Do you think this game is dying? I don't think it is
I think this game is the same since I left in 2016 and rejoined in 2018 and it's still the same now. So I really don't under stand way some players say this game is dead and is at a all time low. Just look at the steam charts it's at 1k. So no its not dead:) also I'm aware that's there's bugs,long loading times,players that dc. That does not mean it's dying.
Comments
You nailed that one on the head. The game is the SAME as it was almost 3 years ago. Most games hope their player base grows. For some reason DBD is very VERY slowly growing or almost remaining the same.
https://steamcharts.com/app/381210
I don't think it's dying. I don't think it ever well.
If bhvr gets worried they have solutions to increase numbers/lobbies.
Either more limited time events or Cross-Play.
If the playerbase on one platform gets to low just merge every platform.
They'll likely have to do this in the future for Switch players unless the game is somehow a hit over there.
Thx:) good luck in your furture games
I don't think that DBD is dying. There's regularly about 15-20k people who play on Steam monthly. There are also PS4 & Xbox players as well. (Possibly a couple thousand).
On the community side, the "fandom" itself, is pretty much active. It's small; but active.
DBD has to be one the smallest communities I've ever loved to be apart of! (Aside from the toxicity, LOL!)
It is already dead, the devs and playerbase have killed it.
It just doesn't know it yet.
Dying? No.
But the game's definitely suffering under Behavior's blatant laziness. Now all the things are collapsing at once and the players are leaving. They've panicked at the revelation and are doing emergency damage control. They have even started community interaction again, after such a long time of borderline nothing.
I don't think it's dying right now but I do think if things stay the way they are that it will go that way.
Steam charts show a gradual decrease in players, most notably was were we had a New Chapter, a Licensed DLC and a Free weekend all very close to each other but failed to draw in the players you would expect for that. I expect it to fall back into the red soon depending on when the mid chapter patch is and what fixes/content changes come with it.
The new upcoming changes seem promising. Maybe it's a result of these numbers but I'm just happy to see some communication on what to expect.
Honestly though i think some serious changes need to happen to keep the player base from declining further.
They need to get serious about fixing the balance issues that have gone on for years, Really think before releasing broken perks and for the love of god why wont they consider buffing weaker killers to be viable in red ranks, The game is in dire need of Variety, Not only is it the same trial of generators over and over, people have to play and face the same killers over and over. It's gotten stale.
Well he is in a critical state but can get back on his feet if they do what is necessary. Balance change , buff killers that aren't viable at red ranks , work on buffing all low tier perks.
Balance - fix crotus prenn , macmillan factory , autohaven hangar , haddonfield RNG + basement house remove double pallet at jungle gym and of course SwF.
Killers Buff - Trapper , freddy , legion , plague , leatherface every killer that can't beat SwF that means all except billy and nurse.
Perks nerf/buff/rework - Boil over - vigil - wake up - monstruous shrine - tinkerer - play with your food - no mither - territorial imperative to only name a few.
and of course bug fix , QoL and ranks rewards.
No its not dead, but its killing itself at an incredible speed. I rejoined last year and they game and it only got worde during the time i played. As a survivor main I can hardly play a normal game due to gamesided DC, playerbased DC, camping and tunneling, exploits, bugs and awful hitboxes. also those killers are complaining daily about everything survivors can do, ignoring any logic. its ridiculous.
The game isn't dying, but it is struggling to grow, looking at the steamcharts, there is always a dip in March, but looking at the values over the years there hasn't been that much growth.
They are struggling to retain new players
The irony of this post hurts.
Dying? Nah
Could be doing better? For sure
It is for me.
> claims to be a survivor main
> complains about everything killers do
> complains about killers complaining about everything survivors do
FryThinking.jpg
The game isn't dying yet, .....Yet.
One word. *inhales* .....OCHIDDO.
It isn’t