How do you know when you were DC'd or the killer DC'd?
People keep talking about a bug that disconnects survivors mid game randomly. I've thought killer DCs have been increasing lately but maybe it's the game DCing me? How can you tell the difference?
Comments
I dont think there is much of a way to tell the difference besdies asking people in the lobby.
Usually when it disconnects just you, it says you were disconnected from host and you and the host appear to be disconnected, but it was only you.
If you dont hear the sound of someone dc its that the player lost connection from the host and that happend alot now if a survivor dc it will make a noise as for the killer thet dc without moving
I think (but I'm definetly not sure on this one) that in the endgame screen you'll see that all 4 survivors have escaped when the disconnect happened from the killer side. Otherwise you just see the disconnect icon next to your name with the remaining survivors in the game shown as still alive and in the match
Usually I play SWF, so I ask "Did you guys disconnect too?" if they say yes, killer dc'd, if they say no, disconnected from host
The easiest way to find out if it was purposeful dc or disconnect from host is that dc from host has no sound, you only know it happens when the damage state shows the "unplug" symbol
If you got the 5k survival BPs then the killer likely DCed
otherwise you DCed
If all 4 Survivors are present on the end screen and you got 5k in Survival, then the killer DCed.
If it's just you on the end screen and you did not get 5k in Survival, then the game DCed you.